• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] Kanto Adventure [R-15]

Years

• Untitled1_zps4fc590f9.png

A Kanto Adventure

Opening Theme I

:.Episode One.: Something to Write Home About

54aee24d-b2cb-49a5-a3eb-ad0037dbc265_zps59cb48a9.jpg

[Part A]
    [Area: Pallet Town Outskirts, South-West Kanto]

Story| You open your eyes to the world before you, actually its just the cabin of the train you're on. August 26th, a summer's morning just like any other. No wait, this was different. There was something about the world around you that felt happier, yup that's right, you're on your way to Pallet Town to take the Pokemon Trainer Aptitude Test (PTAT). This train picked you up and you are now headed towards Pallet. Out the window you see country side, in the train you see nothing but older applicants staring you down.

The conductor went around checking everyones tickets, he was a blonde man with large glasses. Once he leaves you feel slight tremors, here and there. Then, you see it. A large, behemoth of a Pokemon charging towards your cabin. You are helpless, all you do is try to brace yourself as the creature tore through the train, derailing your cabin down the hillside. You weren't knocked out, and you survived with only a few scratches. Up ahead the rest of the train is being attacked by other large Pokemon, the others in your cabin are either dead or unconscious. Others may be conscious too, it is your choice.

Pallet Town is miles away, and you are stuck taking cover to avoid being seen by the Pokemon looking for survivors. You devise a plan, and think on your feet, for a way to take out the Pokemon. Some ran away, but not you, you stood strong and carried out your plan. But just as you were about to attack, the Pokemon began to twist and warp. Its limbs bubbling and shrinking, its features softening and morphing until the remaining matter was a small and pink puddle of goo. A Ditto.

"Hello!" You hear the conductor call out to you from the front of the train, the only remaining part. He hops down and is glad to see you, and anyone else around that is conscious, are alive and still standing. He asks for your names, then asks why you want to become a Pokemon Trainer. You answer but want to know why he wants to know. He asnwers, "You still don't get it, do you? The Test has already begun, and I'm your Round One Test Proctor, Clemont Citron." The young man explains the purpose of this first round is to see who's tough enough for the real world; anyone who can't handle a Pokemon attack like that isn't fit for the League Challenge of today's world. He then apologizes that he cannot give you a ride into town and then rides off on the very tech-savvy train engine.

Spoiler:

Mission| Pass Round One of the Test!

YOU MUST be riding the train
    YOU CAN'T have any Pokemon on hand, just wait patiently
    YOU CAN'T ​reach Pallet Town
    YOU CAN'T interact with other roleplayers yet.
    YOU CAN create and interact with NPC's; limit: 2

[Part B]
    [Area: Pallet Town Outskirts, South-West Kanto]

Story| As you walk down the train tracks - it's been probably an hour or two of walking now - you notice you are no closer to Pallet Town that when you started. It seems so far off in the distance that some who just passed the first round of the Test give up along the way. Some seat down, some even collapse from exhaustion or heat stroke, it was fairly hot that day. Finally you see a sign pegged into the train tracks the reads:

"There's a movie on TV. Four boys are walking on railroad tracks. You better get going too."

Salvation at at last, a large sigh of relief is heard all around the crowd of trainer hopefuls as they read the riddle. It was a sign they were at least on the right track. Just as you're about to make your way as well you hear a whisper calling out your name, off to the side of the railroad tracks in the underbrush of the light forest is a blonde man with glasses. Clemont, the first round Test Proctor. When you head over to him he says he sees great potential in you and says you remind him of a challenger he once faced in his home region. Regardless of all that talk he gives you a hint and tells you to not follow the railroad tracks but instead cut through the forest. With that he leaves which leaves you walk through the trees of the forest here.

After about ten minutes of walking you arrive at the sight of a crowd of people, it seems some had suspicions about the riddle and were clever enough to make their way here themselves. At the front of this crowd was a small pedestal where a woman of about thirty stood with blonde hair and dressed in karate attire. She introduced herself as Greta Kogomi and was met with a resounding gasp throughout the crowd. Some immediately recognized her as former Frontier Brain of the Hoenn Battle Frontier. She is the Round Two Test Proctor and the basis of this round was simple: keep up with her as she runs through the forest to Pallet Town. A thirty mile run, which proved Clemont was lying on the train when he said they were ten miles away just before the attack. She warned the participants that the forest is prone to thick fog that could last hours so it is important to not lose sight of her unless you want to be attacked by the wild Pokemon and dangerous fauna native to the forest here.

With a quick stretch she heads off into the forest.

Mission| Pass Round Two of the Test!

Max # of Posts| 2

YOU MUST make it to the end of the forest overlooking Pallet
    YOU CAN'T have any Pokemon on hand, just wait patiently
    YOU CAN'T have all your NPC's pass this round, only 1 can
    YOU CAN ​interact with other roleplayers; discuss in OOC thread
    YOU CAN create and interact with a new NPC along w/ previous ones; limit: 1

Last edited:

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2020

:.Episode One.: Something to Write Home About

Valor Kastner, Part A

"What about this one, honey?" An old lady, Val's grandma, asked while she held up a rather stylish messenger bag. "Pretty little bag for a pretty little lady" The old woman smiled blissfully as she began to explore the various features of the bag. It was an across the chest, single strap bag that would be able to hold anything you might need in school, but that just wasn't was Val needed. And frankly, she preferred her bag to have two straps that hung from her shoulders as opposed to one.

"No, no no..." Val's grandpa trailed off as he looked through the products, "... that will never work. You need something like this!" He said excitedly as he pulled a robust, but rather bland looking bag off the shelf. It was pure black, but it was spacious enough to hold anything that Val might need, and the double stitching made it quite sturdy. Not to mention, it wasn't some name-brand designer trend so it was actually much cheaper than the other bag and would last her a lot longer in the years to come. She always thought it was funny that people would shell out extra cash just to get something because of the company who made it--regardless of the actual quality of the product.

Val looked between the two bags, checking the features on each one out although she already knew which one she was going to pick. "Sorry Grandma, I think I have to go with Grandpa on this one. It's not the start of school again, I need something that will be able to stand-up to the trials of a Pokemon journey." That was, if she passed the test or not. Of that, however, she had little doubt. Any doubt that she did have was completely erased by the reassuring attitudes of her grandparents. While they didn't push towards her perfection, they made her feel as though should she not pass the test, that it was perfectly okay. A feeling that most likely would not have been promoted by her father.

The small family spent the next half hour or so shopping, and while they intended to do more their family outing was cut short as they had stopped to take a break for ice cream. A small, repetitive chime began to play itself from Val's grandpas pocket. She watched nervously as he answered it, having a brief conversation before he hung up. "Looks like we have to finish this another time, honey." He placed his hand on Val's shoulder. "The train that is going to take you back to Pallet town to take the PT test will be here in a little bit. Come on, lets get our ice cream and we'll be on our way."

***​

A few minutes later the family had arrived at the Celadon City train station. "Here, you'll need this!" Val's grandma reached into her purse and retrieved the train ticket that Val would need. The old couple had been informed ahead of time of what would happen in case any emergencies arose, but they had kept a good secret. When the train rolled into the platform, Val jumped to her feet excitedly and rushed to the doors, looking back only when she realized that her grandparents weren't there.

"Wait, aren't you guys coming?" She was a little confused, the two had remained sitting on the bench. Val knew old people got tired easy, but the walk from the Dept Store to the train station? You'd have to be like 100 years old for that to tire you out.

"Oh no, you go ahead, dear." Her grandma called out. "We have a little extra shopping to do here." She smiled and nodded her head to side as her and her husband waved good bye in unison. "Be safe. We love you!" the two called out in unison as their granddaughter boarded the train.

Val looked around a little nervously. This was the first time she had done something like this, and it was all the worse for the fact that she as alone. She quickly, however, shook those thoughts out of her head. They would get her nowhere at a time like this. Ticket in hand she moved the seat designated and waited patiently for her journey to begin. Pass or not, one thing was for sure: this test was going to be difficult. While she has never really been the type to study, she went over a few key details any beginning Pokemon trainer should know before she left this morning.

It was but a brief moment before the train coordinator, a goofy look blond guy in glasses, came and verified her ticket. Val looked around the train as he moved on to check the other passengers. They were all other participants she assumed, but none appeared to be her age. "Well this is gonna make for a boring ride..." she thought a loud. Letting out an exasperated sigh she leaned back in her seat and kicked her feet up on the seat adjacent to her, no one was using it after all. For the beginning of the train ride, Val looked out at the country side--and when that got boring, she nodded off for a bit, only awaking when began to feel tremors shake the car that she was in.

Val again looked out the window, trying to find out what would cause the earth to shake so violently. Before she could react to what she saw, however, it was already upon her. She hear the sound of metal ripping asunder as the monstrous pokemon wrenched her car free and shoved it down the hillside with great force. As the train moved, she braced herself among the two seats in an attempt to lessen the impact. Glass shattered and she moved her arm to shield her face, but only for a brief second as she had to maintain her grip as the skidding train threatened to eject her outside. A loud crack had signified the end of the ordeal, the rear of the car had collided with a tree stopping it in place.

Climbing to her feet, Val dusted herself and did brief look over to check for injuries. Apart from a few scratches and a bit of a headache she was otherwise fine. Looking around the car she noticed that most of the passengers seemed to be unconscious except for one--he was younger than the others, but still much older than Val. If she had to guess, she'd pin his age to be around 20 or so. He seemed to be in a little worse of condition than she was, which immediately drew her over to go help him. "Here, this should help you feel a little better." Val proffered a bottle of water that she had retrieved from her bag. Offering her hand, she helped the man get to his feet.

"Thanks. My name is Ian, what's yours?" He smiled nonchalantly as he turned her helping hand into a handshake. Not knowing what to do, Val shook it back.

"My name is Valor, but you can call me Val. The other people over there... they're ok, right? They're not... you know?" She glanced around the people still lying on the floor and then back the only other conscious passenger.

"No, I think I can still see them breathing. But look," he put his hand on her shoulder and stooped a little so that her heads were at an equal level as he looked out the window. "We have bigger problems to worry about. Whatever knocked us down here is coming back for some more. We gotta go." The two tried the door at the back, but the tree was preventing it from being opened. They had much the same luck with the door at the front, but that was because the frame was bent when the the Pokemon attacked. "Damn." he cursed under his breath as he began to scan the car for another exit.

"Look!" Val pointed, "up there!" There was an emergency hatch on the roof, designed just for this sort of occasion. "You can boost me up there."

"But then how will I get out?" The boy questioned. "Don't take this the wrong way, but you're just a little girl."

"You know... I'm a lot stronger than I look." Although he said he meant no offense, Val took it offensively anyway. "Besides, do you have a better idea? I guess you could climb out the window if you want to cut to pieces by the glass." She crossed her arms in a display of attitude. The man quickly acknowledged that even if she couldn't lift him out, that she was right, it was the only way out. The two quickly made it the roof and ran to the end where they climbed down the ladder and then hopped to the ground.

"I think it's time we get out of here before that Pokemon attacks us again!" The boy turned to leave and that's when Val grabbed his arm.

"Get out of here? What do you mean? What about the people in the train? We can't just leave them there to die!" Every time he said something, Val liked him less and less. "We have to do... something." The Pokemon that had attacked them was a Slaking, although one of notably monstrous proportions. "Look, you don't have to help me... but I'm going to do what I can to save these people. Go ahead and run away." Val scoffed at the man. "Won't that be a story to tell your children some day? The day a "little girl" was braver than you were." She turned her head from him in a display of disgust.

"Ok, look. Even if I do agree to help you, what the hell are we supposed to do? If you haven't noticed that thing is HUGE!" The man threw his arms into the air in an attempt to emphasize this.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah. Size doesn't matter. I have a plan. I'll distract it while you get everyone in the train out." Val picked up a rock lying on the ground and began to toss it lightly into the air and catch it again. She nodded at the man, "Let's do this!" But just as she was about the throw the rock, the monster of a Slaking had begun to transform, reverting back to its original form of a Ditto. Although she let out of sigh relief that she didn't have to fight a Slaking of epic proportions, she was quickly overwhelmed with another sense of dread. If it's a ditto, and it transformed like that... that probably meant someone told it to. Who would do something so terrible? Furthermore, what did they hope to accomplish by attacking a train of potential Pokemon trainers?!

That's when Val heard a familiar voice. Looking up, she saw the goofy looking conductor calling out to her. "I'm glad you guys are okay! What are your names?" He waved to them, a slightly unsettling grin on his face considering what had just occurred. The man she was with her gave her name first and then she gave hers. "Ahh, I see. You must be applicants to take the PTAT testing, huh? That's neato. Why do you want to become a Pokemon trainer in the first place?"

"Yeah..." Val said slightly annoyed. Couldn't he see they were in a bit of an emergency? And here he was, asking useless questions. "You wanna know why I want to become a trainer? So I can wipe that stupid smirk off your face. Can't you see we just got attacked here?" She motioned to the destruction around her. "Why don't you stop asking useless questions and start helping the injured?"

Much to her anger, the man chuckled again. "You still don't get it, do you? The Test has already begun, and I'm your Round One Test Proctor, Clemont Citron." This took Val by surprise, why would their want to injure their potential trainers? "You see,' he continued, "If you aren't ready to deal with an attack like that then you aren't suited to be a trainer!" He gave a short wave good bye as the train--or rather, what was left of it--began to take off. "See you in Pallet town! Sorry I can't give you a lift."

It was by instinct that Val had begun to chase after the train, but she quickly gave up. It was too far to catch up to it to begin with. Pallet town was a ways off, and if she wanted to make it there in a good attitude she had better pace herself.

Yamagi Sosuke

Hope & Ambition
    Years
  • xBb0OMi.jpg

SAGE GARETH
    Train --> Pallet Town

The usual bustle of the train was muted by the intense expectations to come. Most of the elder men was staring at a midnight-green haired boy, his youth conjuring assumptions of his inexperience in their heads. A few of the teenagers were grouped together but their conversations were hushed whispers at best.

Sage could make out just a bit, just enough to know that two of them were idiots and doomed to fail the PTAT. "Of course I plan on winning, its going to be a cake-walk with my line-up." muttered a boy with a crimson bandanna covering his blonde hair. "What about you though? think you're going to make it, Lloyd?"

The other boy let out a quick tsk. "I have no doubt in mind. My skills are even better then last we battled and I whooped you silly, so what do you think?"

"I think it was pure luck that you won."

Sage cut out his ease-dropping after that. They were taking it too easy and it was a bit irritating him. He knew they would end up on the losing end because of their carelessness. He turned his gaze back on the scenery outside, on the passing countryside that whizzed into a mass of green and the occasional house; so he was surprised when the flash of a Aggron sent the cabin down the hillside.

A mess of glass and tumbling bodies, along with the sounds of loud bangs and bending metal followed afterwards. Instinctively, he had held tight to the rail beside him and now he floated over a bed of bloodied and injured bodies. He furrowed his brows out of agitation, the lifeless eyes of the two boys from earlier twisted in pain below him.

I'm so sorry... he thought, before pulling himself up and out of a shattered window.

Standing up, he looked ahead and behind him at the other trains; all of which were being attacked by equally powerful monsters. His sea-green eyes peered out towards the Aggron, his lips tightly pursed as he thought of a plan. What are they some team? they have to be. It wasn't some coincidence that they all attacked at the same time.

Leaping down off the cabin and landing on a bent knee, Sage stared up at the Aggron's hulking figure; its very image triggering his adrenaline to rush through his veins. He barred the impulse to run away and dealt with the trembling in his legs and back. I can't let this keep me from my future, he growled to his doubts. If, If I can just figure out a way to overcome this, if I can-

Before he knew it, his body was moving towards a loose piece of metal, sharp and jagged from the crash. He picked it up with one hand, his grip so tight that the jagged edges easily cut into his skin. Lifting his eyes up from shade of his hair; he fixated a crazed, dogged, and vibrant glare onto the Pokemon.

"You won't rip my freedom from my grasp," he told it, his steps quickly speeding up while. "Its just too early for me!"

By the time he had reached it though, the monster had sunk into the form of a Ditto; leaving him astonished and inwardly enraged. Letting his make-shift weapon drop to the scarred grass, his hand dripping blood, he slowly walked away from the Ditto. When a few yards was between them and a voice had caught his attention, he stopped.

The man asked the remaining people for their names and a reason for why they were taking the test. Sage stared towards the blonde haired man with inward rage brewing inside; tears falling from his concrete expression. "I'm Sage Gareth, and I search for true freedom. I want to be strong so that I can get rid of these shackles," he told him resolutely, despite his exhaustion.

Applying pressure to his bloody hand, he listened to the man reveal that he was their first proctor. Sage had considered that when he first boarded the train, it wasn't like they had mentioned when the test would begin. The train rode off with the proctor on it, the next mission was hinted at but not entirely revealed.

Looking between the others and the path towards Pallet town, he decided that he would continue onward on foot. Small steps followed his decision as he went back to the Cabin to grab his backpack and gear; he would have to walk from here on out.

Last edited:

NyxShooter

drifting wanderer
    Years
  • Ivo S.

Something to Write Home About​

Ivo awoke, he took a long hefty nap after boarding the train from the nearby trainstation in Fortree. A blonde man with a ditzy looking man woke him up asking for his ticket. After the man verified his ticket and left, Ivo listened to what was happening around him. The buzzing noise going around the train, with so many people talking about useless things such as Pokedex colors. The trainers around him were all older than he was. There was no one to socialize with, and no one worth socializing. All the people surrounding him talked like idiots. They clearly hadn't studied after getting their e-mail. Ivo studied before he even got the e-mail, just in case. They didn't even know the pokedex color of a ledbya. "It's clearly black! Ledyba's antennas are black so therefore the pokedex color is black!" said a balmy youngster. Ivo estimated about 14. "Mate, take a look at it's underbelly. Almost it's entire body is yellow, it's clearly yellow." This one was a bit taller than the other one, however the two looked very alike. Ivo guessed they were brothers. They both shared the same dumb expression. Just wasteful that such people would get picked for the PTAT.

Ivo was still observing as the two were STILL arguing. He felt slight tremors just as the man had walked back down the aisle presumably to an office. He presumed it was just the engine. Ivo looked out the window to see the scenery. The moment he looked out he went wide eyed. It was a Pokemon dashing towards the train. A massive one, it was a Gigalith! "If you want to live, get yourself pressed up against a corner." Ivo said with a calm, menacing tone. The two obliged almost immediately, and Ivo did the same. Soon enough, he braced for impact as the Gigalith rammed itself against the trains side and everything went black.

~*~

"Blurghh" is what came out of Ivo's mouth. He had dirt in his mouth and he was flat on his back covered by a piece of wood. He felt a stinging pain on the back of his head. He touched the aching spot and withdrew a bloodied hand. His head had a small cut. He ripped a piece of cloth from his jeans, perhaps jeans weren't the best choice of clothing to wear. He rapped the denim around his head in a pseudo-bandana style. He looked around him and he saw a leg sticking out from the rubble. He tried to pull the leg out, but nothing followed the leg. Horrified he threw the limb away, he started to look around for anyone else. He was having trepidation, a little scared. "Keep calm Smith. Keep calm.." he said, exhaling heavily as he gathered his cool. He started to look around and saw the balmy blonde man. The man simply asked for his name. "My name is irrelevant" said Ivo to the man yet he insisted. "Ivo Smith" said Ivo, this time with a hint of a grin. The blonde man told them that this was a test and that the Gigalith was actually a... Ditto? "The test has already begun, Smith." said the crazy man as he drove off. He didn't know where he was, but he knew that they weren't very far from Pallet Town. He picked himself up and followed the train tracks. "Follow the train track road. Follow the train track road. Follow Follow..." said Ivo as he walked off, leaving the two boys behind.

Years

• Something to Write Home About
    Riku Jin//Trainer Test Train
    Ballfull.png
    Ballfull.png
    Ballfull.png
    Ballfull.png
    Ballfull.png
    Ballfull.png

"It is currently 10:30 A.M. and we are approximately 10 miles away from Pallet Town. We will arrive within thirty minutes."

The overhead speaker boomed across the train cabin, and abruptly stopped much as it had began. The black brim of his red and white hat was covering his face, blocking out the harsh sun rays that would interrupt his blissful escape from the world. The conductor, however, was not having any of that and made sure the boy had woken up. He picked up his hat and turned it backwards as he scooped up his bangs and placed the headwear on. Yawning, he stretched out every limb possible as his golden amber eyes began to fill with life. "Ah..!" He looked out the window with a smile, the sun was just coming to life as the day began. Long shadows cast over the picket fences and hay stacks scattered across the farm land here. They had certainly gotten far while he was asleep.

"Your ticket?" His amber eyes were met with thick, reflective glasses and a head of messy blonde hair. The boy hurriedly rummaged through the pockets of his black pants before pulling out the wrinkled train ticket. "Thank you Mister Jin." The man smiled before continuing down the rows of seats to verify the other passenger's tickets. Riku chuckled, he had never been called 'Mister' before. He turned on his seat, he sat alone in a small booth seating area at the front of the cabin, knees down as he peeked over to look at the rest of the passengers. They were all older, the youngest one besides him was probably a girl that he would peg to be around 15 or 16. He sat back down and sighed, he really wanted his mom to come but she said when his father took the Test at his age he went alone.

"Hey there! Haven't seen you take the test before, you must be a rookie!" An older gentleman with a bulbous nose and slicked back dark hair commented from the seats opposite the isle. Riku nodded in agreement, "Well I'm Terry, this will be my thirteenth time taking the test. I've never been able to pass!" The man sheepishly chuckled.

"Eh?! Thirteen? Wow, that's more times than I've been alive! You sure are old, mister." Riku commented, a bit to the man's annoyance. Terry sighed, "Over 300 people try to take the test every year, on average only about 30 pass. It's not uncommon to take the test about ten times before you pass. Rookies are basically doomed to fail ya know?" The man smirked as he waited for the boy to burst into tears or give up immediately.

"Wow! Well my dad passed it on the first try when he was my age, so I think I have a good shot!" Riku grinned, and the man scoffed before folding his arms. Riku cocked his head in confusion, did he just upset the man? He wasn't given much time to think about it as his tiny body slightly bounced upwards into mid air when the train shook violently for a second. The boy strapped on his seat belt, he had taken it off for his nap because it was uncomfortable but the situation called for it. "I hope it's not that terrorist group, SCAR." Terry calmly said aloud, "Ya know, I heard a rumor that the league council was going to let them attack us as part of the test this year." He added.

"Nuh-uh! They wouldn't let bad guys do-" Riku's comment was halted by the blood curdling shriek that shook the very train and caused every Pidgey and Murkrow dotted across the landscape outside to flee in a flurry of panicked feathers. In the distance a figure began to emerge, tremors accompanying every step it took in its sprint over the hill. Its horn pointed straight at the train, its bulking purple arms swinging at its side as its razor sharp teeth opening and closing with its roars. The Nidoking was not slowing down and in what seemed like slow motion Riku saw the beast launch its shoulder straight into the connector between his train cabin and the cart in front. In a violent burst of motion the train was sent careening down the hill side. The boy clenched his teeth and held on for the dear life to the seat he was sitting on, eyes closed he could only hear the helpless screams of people being flung across the train and through glass. He heard their voices violently come to a halt as their bodies were slammed onto the walls of the train. Its metal being twisted and ripped until finally with a grand crash that one could mistake for a thunder strike the train stopped as it had fallen into a small pond at the bottom of the hill.

Finally, he opened his eyes. The walls decorated with the blood of those unfortunate people that were piled on the floor. He frantically tried to unbuckle his seat belt but to no avail, tears on the edges of his eyes he pulled with all his might. But he was stuck. With his arm he wiped the tears and conglomerating mucus, 'Dad would NOT cry, he would get out of this and save the day!' Riku's thoughts pushed the boy's body to finally pry open the seat belt, his momentary stint of celebration was cut short by the sound of pinching metal. He looked up to see the edge of the train cart being pushed inwards with a large amount of pressure, the accompanied breathing let Riku know the beast was just outside of the train cart. On its side, the train had its windows above the boy so he could not see the Nidoking but with just the right timing he ducked underneath the seats that were suspended on the would be walls of the train as the poison type pried open the top of the train and peeked inside, with a mighty roar he shoved the train cart out of the pond and back to land. Without the help of the seat belt Riku was sent flying to the end of the train cart and slammed against a wall of bodies, he felt movement and managed to grab a hand that was writhing from beneath the crowd of bodies.

With a large gasp for air the blonde haired girl scanned her surroundings and looked at Riku, her scarlet eyes calculating every aspect about Riku's appearance. "You're not hurt, you're lucky." The girl spoke.

"Well you're arm looks pretty purple, does it hurt?" Riku noted the swollen limb, it was most likely broken in several places. The girl was just about to reply when the tremors that they associated the Nidoking with returned. The girl grabbed Riku's hand as the duo escaped from the gaping opening created by the poison type. Just outside was a large tree that the girl climbed, quite skillfully with just one working arm. Riku was a natural tree climber thanks to the in tact nature surrounding his home town. As he climbed the heavy branches of the tree he spotted Terry, sitting idly on one looking down boredly onto the monster.

"You're alive, kid!" The man smiled as he high fived Riku. 'Dammit, he got lucky I guess.' The man pouted, hoping the young rookie would have been Nidoking chow by now. "We should get out of here quick!" Terry shouted. Riku nodded in agreement as Terry motioned for his to lead the way. Just as the boy was about to cimb down the tree and escape, the girl stopped him in his tracks.

"Don't listen to him, he's tricking you. Aren't you Terry?" The man scoffed and folded his arms.

"I don't know what you're talking about, Abbigail." He calmly said.

"You know as well as I do that this is part of the test, if you run you fail. Those who survive pass, simple as that kid. Last year the first round was a swimming challenge, but I'm sure this is just part of the test." She turned to Riku who wasn't really paying attention to them as much as he was to the Nidoking who was sniffing around the wreckage for more survivors.

"When they said test I was expecting more pencil and papers and less blood thirsty monsters." The boy lay flat on his stomach with his folded arms supporting his head. Both Abbigail and Terry were taken aback by the fact Riku was unfazed by all the death he just witnessed. The poison type growled as he threw off a pile of mangled metal, underneath lay a man with a leg missing. He screamed with horror as he tried to crawl away from the Nidoking who cocked back its massive arm and readying for an attack. Riku stood up as he crawled further off the branch, the wood began to shrink and the boy hung off the tip of the branch that was so light and thin it was ready to break at any moment.

"What are you doing, kid?!" Abbigail shouted.

"Saving the day!" Riku laughed as he let go of the branch and plummeted down to the ground with a heavy wooden branch in hand ready to smack the Nidoking across the head. The poison type looked up and eyes widened as it noticed the flying young boy headed straight for it. Riku readied his arms to swing the branch when the monster froze completely and began to shake. His entire figure began to contort and warp as its features softened completely. It shrank significantly as well to the point that the only thing remaining was a pink puddle. Riku screamed in shock as he landed face first onto the ground below, the man trying to escape had already collapsed from fear and Riku stood up rubbing his red and bruised forehead with tears converging on the corners of his eyes. "Owowowowow."

"Are you stupid or something, eh? You could've died." Abbigail swung down from the tree above. Riku stuck his tongue out and smiled sheepishly.

"OI!" The train engine came to a stop at the train tracks on top of the hill. The blonde man with thick glasses waved at them to run up. Riku and Abbigail ran up, followed by a sluggish Terry. "Glad to see you're all alive and well, looks like there's a strong squad this year. Tell me, what are your names?" Abbigail and Terry scoffed at the man,

"I'm not saying anything until you tell us who you are!" Abbigail shouted.

"For once, I agree." Terry smugly added.

"I'll tell ya! I'm Riku Jin, and I'm from Humilau City! But I've been living in Pallet lately." Riku grinned at the man who just chuckled lightly in response.

"Well you two, you might as well head home because you failed to answer my question." The man smirked.

"Crap, I knew it." Abbigail sighed.

"Yes, the Test has already begun. And I'm your Round one Proctor, Clemont Citron." The man gave a thumbs up to which Riku gasped.

"Clemont?! You were a gym leader!" Riku smiled.

"Yes, in a previous life. Now I find solace in this train I built from scratch, the longest and fastest train this side of Mt. Silver." The man bragged. "Anyways, you three have not fallen unconscious or died and are able to continue. Congratulations, you three pass."

"Great, so can we go to Pallet Town now?" Terry commented with a hint of sarcasm.

"No, I'm afraid I can't do that. Your test isn't over yet my friends. Farewell!" With that, Clemont hopped back into the train engine and rolled off into the distance. In the far horizon the tips of windmill spires can be seen, and that was Pallet Town. It was about a day's walk from there, and it wouldn't be easy. But then again, that was just what the test was about. It wasn't going to be easy, and Riku was ready for it.

Last edited:

Fuyu

The answer is at the top...
    Years
    • Age 29
    • she/her/they/them
    • Home
    • Seen yesterday
    Kiara Trent

Pokemon: None
    Items: Nothing special but her music player.
    Pokeballs: x0
    Sanity Level: Unable to be determined

The steady sound of rain pouring gently beat through her headphones as Kiara yawned, waking up from her doze. She shifted in her seat, then paused, squirming. How had she fallen asleep on such an uncomfortable chair? Looking around, she rubbed her eyes and peered to see the interior of a train. "Eh...Oh! Right! Right!" She grinned at herself, refocused and refreshed. She was on a train to Pallet, which in retrospect seemed weird since she didn't live that far away, but whatever. The test, the test, she was going to take the test and become a Pokemon trainer. Well, probably. she was only a kid, and it was a miracle she had gotten this far. Though it had just started... wait a minute, what?

"Ooh, look at the sleeping beauty!"

"Ain't she small? She ain't gonna last!"

There were voices, voices from other open cabins. Some may have been about her, but Kiara highly doubted it. there were plenty of people around, most of them older, and it wasn't intimidating at all! A test was a test and no matter the balance of the playing field, this was exciting.

Why does that matter? Kiara decided it didn't and went to staring out the window again. The sky was a nice shade of blue and the trees were so green that it was easy to tune out the voices and the jeering that seemed to be a natural occurrence among people.

She hummed along to the sound of the rain in her ears as the conductor took her ticket to check. Soon after he left, the ground beneath the train started to shake. Kiara remove her headphones in confusion, tucking them away with her music player and looked at one of the occupants of her room. "Do you feel that?" Kiara asked.

The girl did not sneer, but nodded. She retreated from the windows and Kiara mimicked her, glancing at the glass out of the corner of her eye. Her eyes widened but she couldn't even open her mouth before the large creature grabbed her car and yanked it off of the train and tossing it like a toy down the hillside. Kiara bit her tongue until it almost bled and squeezed her eyes shut at the sound of breaking glass. At the sound of a very loud crack and a lack of movement, Kiara opened her eyes. Her car had been ruined, metal and wood twisting. The air stank, raw and like the dripping from meat when barely cooked.

Kiara took a cautious look around in the almost clear silence. Many of the others in her cabin were still, unmoving, and in positions that would be clear pain from a living person. She swallowed, and then shook her head, slapping her cheeks. There was a loud roar behind her and now Kiara saw just what it was that had thrown them like this. It was an Ursaring. It sniffed at the front end of the car and Kiara gave the carriage one last frantic glance to see one of her unnamed fellows breathing weakly from where she was stuck. A piece of glass pinned their leg to the seat and was probably the only thing keeping them conscious. Giving the Ursaring another glance, she hurried to grab the glass and give a rough yank. The girl made a noise, and the Ursaring turned towards it.

Kiara flinched and moved to pull the girl to her back and flee from the remains of the car. I can't outrun it... and there's no one around... The girl wracked her brain to remember the basics of how to subdue a Pokemon for capture, and how to capture it. She was the size of a Raichu, barely, and couldn't inflict any infections... but she had a piece of glass. 'When you capture, there's a spot on a Pokemon that you aim your Pokeball at. It's the... what is it..." She whispered frantically as she heard the loud rumbles of steps again.

Oh, the name wasn't important! What mattered was where it was. On Teddiursa it was the crescent on its head... on the Ursaring... it was-

"Ring in the middle." She looked at the glass. That might kill it, or make it really mad... or something. But it was the only shot she had.

Kiara turned, shivering, and clenched the glass in one hand hard enough to almost cut into her skin. As the Ursaring roared again, she charged forward, stopping feet away to throw.

Butas the distance closed, the Ursaring's form began to wobble and shrink. Kiara stopped, watching in horrible fascination as the brown fur and large claws turned into a small blob of pink goo.

"A, a Ditto?" Kiara stared, then giggled. "It's so cute!"

A laugh came from up on the hill. "Well that's certainly an interesting reaction. Glad to see you're doing all right. Your name? Purpose here?"

Kiara looked up to see the blond man from before, the conductor, smiling rather lazily down at her from his vantage point. "Yes!" she called, slowly dropping the piece of glass. "My name is Kiara Trent! I'm looking for an adventure! Ah, bu-ut-" She fiddled with one of her hair clips, suddenly nervous. "Why do you ask? There are, well, a lot of, uh... dead people around."

"Naturally," the conductor said with a knowing look. "I supposed you still don't get it. I'm Clemont Citron, your Round One test proctor, and the test you were going to in Pallet Town has already begun. If you can't survive an attack like this, how are you going to handle the real world?" He went back up to his train and grinned. "Sorry, but I'm afraid you're on your own to get back to Pallet Town. Congratulations on passing this trial."

Kiara squeaked her alarm but before she could say anything, the train was already gone.She looked at the wreckage, then shouldered her bag to get walking. This could, would likely, be a long journey.

Adventure practice!

Yamagi Sosuke

Hope & Ambition
    Years

• SAGE GARETH & IVO SMITH
    Train --> Forest

Ivo was following the seemingly forever expanding train tracks until he saw some other people going through the test. They all circled around a billboard. The billboard stated about four boys. Ivo remembered an old film, ignoring the memory he was about to continue until he heard a whisper from a bush. "You have potential, that's for sure. You remind me of someone from my home region" said the balmy young man. "There are others like you, try to meet them." said Clemont. "I should have allies in this test, he's right." thought Ivo. Sweat on his brow, Ivo sat down for a minute. The word, emblazoned into his sight HEAT.

It was so hot outside, Ivo needed time to think about the riddle "Cut through the forest, Ivo" said the man, "That's the only hint I can give you." said Clemont as walked away. Ivo, skeptical at first, decided to trust the man. He was a renowned gym leader after all. He jogged at a steady pace, keeping his breath well managed. He noticed the forrestry and brushery was getting thicker and thicker. He increased his pace until he made a sharp turn around a tree and

BAM

He collided with a youth, almost his age. Green hair, the man looked young and peachy, yet as if he's been through a lot in his life...

Sage walked through the trees, his backpack snug on his shoulders and Clemont's words fresh in his head. It was a surprise to think that the man had seen some potential in him; after all, he had always felt just a bit weaker compared to other people.

Letting out a cool breath and blinking as he did so, he fell back when something crash into him. He looked up from the ground, his arms keeping him from laying back. A blonde boy, probably the same age, had bumped into him.

Dammit, now my jeans are dirty, he thought, standing back to his feet and dusting his back off.

Shooting the man a frosty glare, he readjusted his backpack and continued forth. Uncaring of the man's feelings or apology; if he had one to offer..

Nothing about the youth struck him as odd, despite the fact that he had green hair. Nothing was extremely noteworthy. The frosty glare the kid gave him made him feel uneasy, yet discarded it as nothing. "Ivo." he said, extending his arm in a handshake, not wasting time to apologize. Common sense would deduct that it was an accident, he hoped he had some. Ivo waited patiently for the youth to return the shake, he didn't think he would return it, yet introducing himself was still a good thing. "You might be?"

Ivo must had continued walking next to him, cause he had wasted time to stop. Letting out a short sigh, Sage softly knocked the kid's hand out his way, turning his head ever so slightly towards him.

"I don't have time for greetings. Shouldn't you be focusing on the test," he accused, then started off in a light jog towards the area that Clemont had mentioned to him. "That'll lose him, I'm sure."

"What's the fun in a journey, if you dont take notice to the journey itself and focus on nothing but the destination?" said Ivo as he kept pace with the youth quite comfortably. "You might aswell have allies, if not friends, no? It's difficult to do it on your own." continued Ivo as he extended his hand again in front of the boy.

Sage squinted his eyes in irritation, just the slightest of narrowing as he lithely side-stepped the handshake and the boy. Looking over his shoulder for just a moment, he said these words. "For you this may be a journey but for me, its a mission."

Picking up his pace, his hand wrapped tightly around his book-sac. And missions are done with the utmost care. No time for lolly-gagging.

Not done yet, gotta keep trying. thought Ivo as he switched gear to fit the youth's speed. "So where are you from? I'm from Fortree City. I don't know why it's called a city though." Said Ivo, expecting a response from the youth.

Sage's teeth gnashed against each other, his body leaned forwards as he kicked it up a gear. He didn't exactly like wasting energy but he didn't mind, if it meant getting away. For a moment, he had let himself take his get-away seriously.

What about the next test? he asked himself, slowly dialing back into a walk. Dammit, I guess I'm going to have to endure this guy after all.

He didn't answer Ivo's question, simply walked in the same direction as earlier. It would do him no good to have friends in a test like this, eventually they would just become enemies.

Not receiving a response, Ivo persisted. "You look like you're from the Sinnoh Region, are you? If you don't answer I'm just going to presume so." said the ever annoying Ivo. "You're clearly not going to run, and you've given up running anyways, so why not get off that high horse and started talking a little?" Said Ivo with a merry smile.

Dodging the question of his hometown, for the simple reason that he despised his parents and the town usually brought their image in his head; Sage continued with a observation of his own.

Still walking, he asked. "How can you be so happy right now? didn't you just witness a gruesome attack?" His own voice lacking empathy as he spoke about the incident.

"Ignore the poverty of life and live a blissful one. Despite people having died, I believe they might've died in a much worse manner had they not died on that train. I don't plan on dying anytime soon, and I can tell you don't either." Said Ivo with a grunt.

"And pardon me but you don't seem very star-struck about the incident either." Said Ivo, with his unwavering grin. "So you still haven't told me your name. You already know mine, why not make it even?" Said Ivo with his naive belief of the world that every dept goes paid.

His answer was some odd mixture of personal beliefs and hand-picked guessing. It was possible that some of them would had died worse but largely improbable. His eyes shifted towards the boy, a dangerous gleam in them as he held back his tongue.

No one should had died in a mangle of bodies, that's just horrific.

Turning his gaze back to the road, Sage was silent for a long moment. His thoughts were teetering on trying to escape from him again and actually giving him a chance.

"The names-"

He started but just as soon as he did, the forest expanded into a opening, other participants gathered around another blonde haired trainer, her attire; a karate outfit. Sage had not recognized her at all but he assumed she was the next proctor.

"The names...?" said Ivo just as he entered the clearing until he noted a blonde lady on a pedestal. "Oh my lord. It's Greta!" said a starstruck Ivo, completely forgetting what the youth was just about to say. She was probably the most renown of the battle frontier, where everyone would leave her frontier with nothing but bruised Pokemon. Snapping out of his dumbfounded mode, Ivo continued interrogating the youth. "You were saying? Your name?" Said a curious Ivo.

Sage was amazed when the boy had continued to talk, even when meeting up with their proctor. Shaking his head slightly, he backpedaled rather slowly away from Ivo. Never had he met someone so persistent and merry; well, never had he met a dude so persistent and merry. In all honesty, he reminded him of his friend from Lavender Town.

Gathering up some form of gratitude for the short conversation, Sage paused and looked up at him with his honest emerald eyes. "Sage," he uttered, a short paused in between his next words. "Its Sage, Ivo." Then he slid in and out of other people, disappearing from sight.

Back