• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Possible In-Game Special Events In ORAS

Years
    After that lack of special events in XY (so far) hopefully ORAS can give certain fans an exclusive experience by travelling to faraway islands (hopefully you get the reference) to capture rare Pokemon like in the original R/S/E and other games as well. Most of us know of Birth Island and Naval Rock back in Gen III however one of my personal favorites was the Victini event in B/W, it was only available for a certain amount of time much like the Speed Boost Torchic in XY. Perhaps all these nonsensical rumors about going to space in the Mossdeep space shuttle will become a reality with the addition of a Deoxys/Jirachi event.

So what do you guys think? Will there be a space event? Will the old Mew event return? Or will new events be added to allow players to obtain the newer legendarys?

Edit: If a mod is reading this thread please can you change the title to "Possible Special Events in ORAS", I know i messed up on the title xD. Thanks.

Last edited:

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    Yeah I guess, I'm getting bored of just receiving the Pokemon over wifi and not being able to travel to a special location to obtain them.

I feel the same way. Unfortunately by the time I got wi-fi all the events except for the Shaymin event were over in Gen IV. I did enjoy the Arceus event in HgSs, and the Celebi event too.
    I want to experience more of those events...

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 34
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    Really? You guys would rather, physically, go somewhere to receive a new Pokemon?

I'm not sure I'd want more of that. I dreaded having to go to Gamestops and Toys R Us to receive certain event ones. I'm perfectly fine getting ones over WiFi from the comfort of my home lol.

That being said, totally would love some more (WiFi) events in general. Hasn't been many of them at all in the States so far, and it's utterly disappointing. Some aspects of X&Y have been really disappointing in comparison to previous games, but I guess that's a topic for another pace.

Years
    Wasn't the Jirachi space event a fluke? I highly doubt we are going to space.

I would like to visit Faraway Island and Navel Rock. They were the most interesting rare islands in the game. Hopefully they give away the tickets on the Nintendo Network.

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2018
    I hope we get Diancie in NA soon. I got the Pre-Movie one but her stats and nature are not that great compared to the other one distributed after that you could reset.

I didn't bothered to go for the Pinsirite since it's not that hard to get it from someone who has Pokemon X anyway. What I hate is Pokemon like Shiny Jirachi, Shiny Genesect and some other Shiny legendaries who never got outside of Japan.

Years
    Really? You guys would rather, physically, go somewhere to receive a new Pokemon?

I'm not sure I'd want more of that. I dreaded having to go to Gamestops and Toys R Us to receive certain event ones. I'm perfectly fine getting ones over WiFi from the comfort of my home lol.

That being said, totally would love some more (WiFi) events in general. Hasn't been many of them at all in the States so far, and it's utterly disappointing. Some aspects of X&Y have been really disappointing in comparison to previous games, but I guess that's a topic for another pace.

That's the problem, there hasn't been many special events over wifi that have been exciting in XY. It angers me how little effort is being put into these events. The Celebi received from Pokemon Bank could have had an awesome mini story where you go back in time and view the battle of Kalos and stuff like that.

Reactions: JP
    Years
    I would love to be able to go to space from the Space Shuttle. It would be a nice way to acknowledge those rumors from before.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 34
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    That's the problem, there hasn't been many special events over wifi that have been exciting in XY. It angers me how little effort is being put into these events. The Celebi received from Pokemon Bank could have had an awesome mini story where you go back in time and view the battle of Kalos and stuff like that.

That would have been totally awesome, similar to the Celebi event of HG/SS. Yeah, this is a main game... you would have thought they'd put more effort into extra mini stories or events. It almost seems like they wanted to finish X&Y as soon as possible to get to working on the next game, I guess that being OR/AS.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Me, I'd like there to be more Jirachi events. What would be even better is if this event were incorporated into the game itself (where you take on some mission, and get rewarded with a ticket, perhaps, which takes you to the place where this Pokémon resides), and doesn't require you to use wi-fi to download certain things. Jirachi is a Hoenn-native Pokémon, I believe, and having it gone underutilized like this just won't make much sense, if you ask me.

I'm sure there are a ton of people out there who would love to get their hands on JIrachi, including me. It's not too overpowering, which means that it isn't banned; generally, this Pokémon is great at battling, whether it be in-game or online.

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2018
    Lately all we get as event is just some code from GameStop and some employee will ask you to pre-order or do a purchase for it if you are unlucky. I don't even know if Canada will have Shiny Gengar and Diancie by how they said USA GameStops, I heard the Heracross and Pinsir Megastones were not in Canada.

Back