• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

REediting The Emerald Titlescreen

Joexv

ManMadeOfGouda joexv.github.io
Years
This tutorial is about changing the titlescreen for Emerald if you have already done so at least once and you don't have the offsets of the images that you inserted. This tutorial can be used to insert a titlescreen the first time but THIS tutorial is a lot easier. And since I personally think pictures along with instructions is a whole lot easier to understand I'm gonna have ALL the pictures(within reason).
If you already have followed a different tutorial and have your INDEXED Title screen image, the tilemap raw file and an infranview palette the skip to step three.

Tools Needed
Unlz Gba
Vba
Infran View
Paint program
NTME
APE (advanced pallete editor)
Ultimate Palette Converter
Notepad
Free Space Finder
A hex editor (I use hxd)
Also a CLEAN Emerald rom

Step One: Your Image
Spoiler:

Step Two: Creating the Tilemap
Spoiler:

Step Three: Inserting The Image
Spoiler:

Step Four: Repointing
Spoiler:

Step Five: Inserting The Palette
Spoiler:

Step Six: Bask In The Glory Of What You've Made
Spoiler:

If the clouds are causing issues or they just look bad to you, then go back to unlz gba and go to 153 click save as and then cover the entire image in the background color and then save open infranview and decrese the color def to 16. Go back to unlz gba and import the now black clouds image. (no need for a new offset here as the size has not increased)

Last edited:
Back