• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Developing] Pokemon XD: Endgame

Years
  • Pokemon XD: Endgame
    idytcp57p

Introduction
    Throughout my youth I have been addicted to these Pokemon games and played most of them so far. However, the one thing that kept bothering me was the easiness to complete the games and to defeat the main antagonists or evils teams. You train your first Pokemon to a top level, defeat your opponents without breaking a sweat, and after they lost the battle, they just give up their plans and disappear forever. You're never in any mortal danger, police or any legal authorities seems to be too busy writing tickets elsewhere, and where are the real elite trainers when the world needs them. So, as soon as I discovered Pokemon Essentials and RPG XP, it was time to rewrite the script a little. Thus without further a do, lets get the show on the road!

Features:
    Spoiler:

Whoever reads these features is probably able to figure that Pokemon Colosseum was my favorite game! (And it certainly was, I thought it was awesome!) So let's get right to it! First of; the protagonist of the game is a guy named Deo (customizable) who is 26 years old and lives in the city Altemare. (yep, from the movie!) His history is a bit of a mystery, he left his hometown as an orphan, and his only two Pokemon are his Espeon named Esper and his Umbreon named Umbrato. He settled in Altemare many years back, and you're not that interested in Leagues and Badges. Your best friend in the game (who later turns into your rival) is a guy named Lean, who serves as the Gym Leader in Altemare, son of the mayor Cyrus and younger brother of the Colosseum Master Lucy.
    At first things seems peaceful. But soon natural disasters start to happen. Followed by a major prison break by some shady characters with unknown intentions. (yet!) Mayor Cyrus trusts his daughter, Colosseum Master Lucy, to investigate but seems to ignore you and his son Lean. You are desperate to find out what is going on and follow Cyrus all the way to a town called Whitestone, where he go visit an old friend of his; Verrich. (yep, XD) You and Lean don't trust the situation and wait for them to leave, break in and search for answers inside Verrich's house. Unfortunately,you're unable to find anything and Verrich and Cyrus found you sneaking around his house. Enraged, Cyrus arrests you for burglary and breaking in on private property, but you and Lean managed to escape the police and fled to the Orange Islands as a refuge and outcast.
    -

As this is the basic introduction, (say first couple of hours play-time) I don't want to spoil too much of the story line… Although so far, we have introduced some interesting questions: What is Cyrus' power as the mayor of Altemare? What are Verrich's intentions in regards to Cipher? How far are these shady people (Team Magma and Team Aqua – no secrets there) willing to go to claim world domination by environmental terrorism? Are you gonna be able to convince Lucy that her father is involved in some secret crime syndicate? Or even more questioning; how is the United military going to response after the president is forced to step down at the hands of revolutionaries and a vacuum of power starts to form?
    -

After your journey through the Orange Islands and Hoenn, you think you got the answers to convince the Altemare authorities to take decisive action before all is lost. However,thanks to the aggressive manner of a violent and dangerous man, the ferry back to Altemare is destroyed on-route drowning almost all passengers on board,leaving you drift-wood stranded at sea. Who was this criminal stranger? Was he part of the conspiracy that tries to avoid you reaching Altemare? Was this just a warning to demonstrate their power? With evil growing stronger by the day,you may already be too late…

Set Up:
    Spoiler:

Progress:
    This one is hard to tell. As I try to work in installments I will have to display that per chapter.But we are getting there J
    - Chapter one (85%)
    - Chapter Ruby (15%)
    - Chapter Diamond (45%)
    - Chapter Orre (35%)
    - Chapter Sapphire (40%)
    - Chapter Steel (10%)​

Screenshots!
    Hold on to your heads; for the new way of graphics!
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Wanna Help?

I got the story line and most of the sprite art done, so what I really need a hand with is someone who likes mapping! (yeeeaaaahhhh!) I got most of the towns done, but I need to connect them with routes. And as you can see in the screenshots, those don't tend to be just simply 30 x 20 tiles big. (Think more of a good 60 x 150 tiles or so) Also, loads of insides of houses. Like little rooms, many miscellaneous things etc. So, if you are interested in participating, contributing, sharing or collaborating with your own project, shoot me a PM! (< Personal Message)I'm always open for discussion ;-)​

Back