• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PCL] ANNOUNCEMENT: PCL Changes (READ THIS FOR DISQUALIFICATIONS)

Sirfetch’d

As you can see, PCL is currently undergoing some significant changes right now. The first few weeks of PCL have been characterized by much more inactivity that we would have liked, so behind the scenes, we have worked to evaluate and hopefully correct some problems within the League itself. (This is the reason for the large delay in the proceedings of Week 1 of the Championships.) There were too many clans, too many inactive signups, and the scheduling procedures weren't as clear as they could have been. The changes being announced in this thread have been implement to ensure that things will run much more smoothly from here on out. Sorry for any inconvenience guys!

Here is a rundown of the changes:

• Castform and Anti have joined wolf as co-heads of PCL. The three of us will actively communicate, so you can contact any of the three of us with questions, concerns, etc. and we will be responsive.
    • We have updated the clan rosters! Check out the updated Clan Directory to see all of the updated clans with profile links and battle server accounts to make scheduling much easier.
    • Unfortunately, the impetus for this update was the large number of inactive users who, as of this announcement, have been removed from the League. If you are not in the Directory linked above, you have been removed from the League. You are free to sign up again and will be given priority as prior members.
    • Accordingly, we have reduced the number of clans from 10 to 8. As stated before, we had too many inactive members to run a league with 10 clans. By reducing this to 8 it not only gives us a more rounded number but also cleared out inactive users.
    • There have been major changes to the signup procedure. This thread will explain the new requirements for signing up to join PCL.
    • We now have a points system! If you will check out this post, it will give a complete description on how the points system will work. This system actually existed previously, but it was poorly communicated, so we are announcing it here for the sake of complete transparency.
    • Because of the poor turnout for Week 1 of the PCL Championship, we felt we had no choice but to invalidate its results and start the Championship in earnest now. We will have a new Week 1 up momentarily which will mark the beginning of matches that count for points. We realize this is an imperfect solution, but we felt it to be the best decision going forward.
    • There have been minor tweaks to the Free Agency system, which is has been rebranded with a new name. Check out this thread for more info.
    Again sorry for any inconvenience this has caused anyone, but everything should flow better now! PCL will now officially resume activity.

Lastly, we apologize to those who feel they have been unfairly evicted from the League. We decided that eliminating too few users would compromise the functionality of PCL more going forward than eliminating too many. As the announcement above states, you are free to sign up again, and would encourage you to do so if you are still interested! The old state of the League had to be addressed with immediate and decisive action. Thank you to everyone for understanding, and we look forward to seeing everyone on the battlefield! For real this time.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    Bumping this so that it's more visible amongst the influx of new threads.

Years
    Shoutout to all 3 Ayatollah's of PCL!Keep up the good work
    Really guys I was worried about the progress of PCL!I had expected a bit more response for the 1st week!Looks like I was too much excited!But now no concerns as you are taking measures against it.

P.S.-I hope my post hasn't touched the emotional side as I don't want to make you all cry!

Last edited:
    Back