• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Isles of Battle (name pending)

Years
Intro
This game is a little project that I've been planning out for a long time and trying to figure out how to do. Originally, I had been trying to figure out how to work it for RMVXA, buuuut the resource I found for VXA has been... Less than cooperative with me, so, after snagging RMXP on sale, I've been figuring essentials out with a bit more success.

Plot
Anyway, the plot of the game is that you are (insert player name here), a rookie trainer who just graduated from the Pokemon Trainer Academy with top marks. As with tradition, you and your fellow graduates have been sent to the Hunter Archipelago, a series of islands featuring a variety of different environments, to take on the various challenges that await, including the Elite Warriors, the Temple Guardians, and the illusive Enigma Gang.
Do you have what it takes to rise to the top of the cream of the crop? Is the Enigma Gang just another evil team, or do they have some other, more important purpose? Join the adventure to find out!

Planned Features (will be added to as more things come up)
-Hub City: Unlike most pokemon games, where you're traveling a region to different towns for the experience, this game has a single city that functions as a hub area, where all shops and other trainer-assistants (like the Name Rater and Move Deleter) are located.
-More Field Moves: Instead of the usual handful of HM moves, other attacks with similar effects can be used outside of battle (like Slash with Cut, or a handful of Fighting-type attacks with Strength and Rock Smash).
-Field Move Tools: An alternate to 'More Field Moves', the use of some key items to simulate HM moves.
-Altered Movesets: Some pokemon lose the ability to learn moves by leveling-up after they evolve, so they're going to be granted adjusted movesets so they can.
-Teleportation System: While there is an area for catching pokemon next to the hub city, you will need to use the Transport Station to travel to the different islands in the archipelago.
-Variant Species: On each of the islands, in the different environments, some pokemon will appear differently. Not only will their sprites be different, but their stats and movesets might be as well. You won't know which until you catch them.
-Added Genders: Genderless pokemon will now have genders. Simple as that.
-Elite Warriors: Standing in place of the Gym Leaders from the normal games, you can fight them in any order to increase rank/earn badges, but each one levels the rest of them up.
-Temple Guardians: On each of the islands is a hidden temple, each having a guardian wielding some of the most powerful pokemon there are. They function as a sort of Elite 4/Champion combo.
-Enigma Gang: While they are the evil team of the game, appearing in several places and causing problems in the pursuit of their own goals, they may or may not be a little differently than the usual evil teams.

Progress
Currently, this is still in the planning stages, and more than likely will be requiring some recruitment for assistance in the following areas:
-Spriting for the variant species
-Map Design
-Coding

Recruitment
To any who are interested in assisting with this, please send me a message with what you'd like to help with, maybe a sample of your work. It would be helpful if you had Skype or AIM to keep in touch easier, but it's not a requirement.

Credits
Pokemon belongs to Nintendo and Game Freak
RPG Maker XP was made by Enterbrain
Pokemon Essentials was programmed by... Several people who I don't know... >.>;

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Mar 8, 2016
Giving some love to this project. It's quite a nice idea and, somehow, remembered me of Battle Revolution (heck, even Stadium and Stadium 2!!).

The idea of a hub with lots of exits to differents places is a nice catch if you are willing to make every place a different environment. Was that the original idea? If so, I guess you'll make thematic places, each with a Pokémon type in majority (or even dual typing, like a forest of Grass and Bug-Types)?

As for the different kinds of Pokémon of the same species... you meant somethign like the Flying PIkachu, Surfing Pikachu, Unevolvable Pikachu and so on?? Or just the same Pokémon with a few twerks on the moves and base stats? Please, explain a little more.

Years
Giving some love to this project. It's quite a nice idea and, somehow, remembered me of Battle Revolution (heck, even Stadium and Stadium 2!!).

The idea of a hub with lots of exits to differents places is a nice catch if you are willing to make every place a different environment. Was that the original idea? If so, I guess you'll make thematic places, each with a Pokémon type in majority (or even dual typing, like a forest of Grass and Bug-Types)?

As for the different kinds of Pokémon of the same species... you meant somethign like the Flying PIkachu, Surfing Pikachu, Unevolvable Pikachu and so on?? Or just the same Pokémon with a few twerks on the moves and base stats? Please, explain a little more.
Well, first off, yeah, the idea is being able to go to lots of different places from a single hub, but it's more a single room with teleporter pads or a dock with different ferries. The idea is for the thematic areas, sorta. Like, I do have things like a forest/jungle island, a volcano island, and so on in mind with the islands. Though I think It'd be more for what sort of creatures would live there rather than just being type-specific.

With the different species, what I had in mind was sort of a combination of the two, but more like the latter.

Back