• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon: Azure Dusk

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Mar 23, 2024
So, I've been wanting to make a Pokemon game for a while now, but only now have I actually gotten round to it. Throughout my time playing Pokemon, I've always liked many of the cool features introduced in different games, but never in the same game ;-;
So I'll be bringing you, Pokemon: Azure Dusk!

Engine:
Pokemon Essentials

Features:
  • Mega Evolution and Primal Reversion
  • Pokemon walk with you like in HGSS
  • Multiple Regions, with 16 Gyms in total
  • Diving Areas
  • Shadow Pokemon
  • A Battle Frontier and PWT (Hopefully)
  • Rematch the Pokemon League and Gym Leaders
  • All Pokemon from Gens 1-6, and the chance to catch 'em all!
So how will Azure Dusk stand out from other fan games that have these same features?
  • Mega and Primal forms are not limited to those in XY and ORAS. Others get them too. Yes Flygon, that includes you!
  • 2 new Types will be introduced: The Sound Type, which will be given to 'mons like Exploud and Chatot; and the Cosmic type, for Pokemon such as Clefairy and Deoxys.
  • Time Travel. Yes, you can travel through time in this game.

Storyline
The Player is a 28-year-old detective who has found a new job in a region that is run by a Mafia-like gang. Along the way, you travel to various regions with differing landscapes, challenging gyms as you go; meet all kinds of Pokemon; challenge the Pokemon League; and encounter the mysterious Cult of the Azure Dusk who live to serve Arceus as your journey takes a darker turn. Included in the Postgame are Legendary sidequests, a Battle Frontier, the Pokemon World Tournament from BW2, and rematches against Gym Leaders, Pokemon League and more.

How You Can Help
Pokemon: Azure Dusk is a massive project and I doubt I'll be able to do it alone. I will post in the team thread and link to it shortly; if you are interested, PM me and I'll definitely appreciate your help.

Years
Ah Mega Evolution, it was a wonderful thing when it first came out so fresh and added a whole new depth to competitive battling but it's kinda sad when pokemon who really deserve it never get one, i'm glad to see you have an idea for making Custom Mega's so i'm interested to see how it turns out.

Following pokemon was a feature pokemon loved but it never returned in later pokemon games, though it's been added into Fan-Games it's a nice little feature, Though if your going to add it into the game could it be optional to turn it off either via the options menu or through a button of the keyboard?

When Gen 2 came out having a second region was an awesome concept you got to travel to another region and have a whole new adventure which added a massive amount of gameplay. Having multiple regions is a nice idea. Though will it be in one adventure or two? by that i mean will for example you get to say level 60 by the champion in the first region and then 90+ by the time you finish the second region or will you have your first region and when you gain access to the second it's an entirely new adventure where you pick a level 5 starter and do it all over again?

Pokemon games have always had a vast portion of stuff set on the main land to the game, however Hoenn for example had a large section of water with plenty of places you could surf and use dive it adds more area's to explore and even be useful for hiding things such as mega stones or side quest's of some sort maybe locations with rare pokemon i like the idea of having more to explore and possibly have rare items or pokemon hidden away.

Shadow pokemon were a unique introduction in the Gamecube games it's an interesting little feature however as long as there's a way to catch the ones that you've missed then go for it, because it'd be annoying if it ko'd itself from recoil or something and you never had a chance to rebattle it.

The Battle Frontier was a lot of fun in Emerald and Gen 4, it added several places in which you could flex your skills on competitive battling in unique ways adding a whole new fun factor about battles, the chance to earn the Symbol from the facility gave you all the more reason to keep trying. I'm interested to see if you add the Hoenn or Sinnoh frontier or even both, maybe make your own facilities, Personally i'd like if you did both. The battle tower is a classic go as far as you can, the Battle Factory with renting pokemon added a certain luck factor for getting a good variety on your team. the Battle Pyramid was probably the most challenging of all facilities for me personally probably because i rage quit for it being to difficult all those years ago but i'd love to see it Re-amped in Gen 6 mechanics. The Battle Arcade was a unique roulette style battle system which was in reality a horrible way to rely on RNG but on the other hand it was such a unique experience it was actually fun. The Battle Castle being point based had a cool little idea of you being able to buy support it's kinda like softcore version of the Pyramid which i really liked. The Battle Hall has got to be one of my favourite places being able to face pokemon in a difficulty level of 1-9 in each respective type was a really unique way to battle i really liked the concept of it. And all the other facilities i didn't mention would also be nice to add into your game since they're all a diverse way to battle it'd make great gameplay value under 6th Gen mechanics

The pokemon world tournament was another one of my favourite features within the pokemon games, the Nostalgia of facing regional gym leaders and champions was a lot of fun, and being able to face more competitive Monotype teams was also really fun. Personally i find Monotype a lot of fun to play in terms of competitive battles, I would really love to see the PWT make a return in your game with the classic Gym Leader and Elite Four / Champion battles along with Monotype battles.

Gym Rematches were a lot of fun in HGSS / Emerald it's a good idea and i'm looking forward to seeing what you do with your custom region / leaders.

I've got a question about the type matchup's regarding the two new types you're planning on adding into the game, what are they strong against and what are they weak against? Sound seems like an interesting idea however it makes me think of a more Buffed version of normal type such as less types types resisting it. Cosmic on the other hand makes me wonder think it'll have several weaknesses due to it's foreign origin, i picture it being weak to Poison, Steel, Fairy, Fire, Ghost. and it resists Psychic, Ice, Dark and i'm not sure what else. so it'd be interesting to see just how the matchup's will work and how many pokemon are retyped to either or these.

Time travel has been seen briefly in Pokemon HGSS with the Celebi event (nothing else comes to mind) however in other fan games Pokemon Zeta/Omicron and Pokemon Insurgence have a really well done concept on this feature it adds endless possibilities, from a creative point of view you can add Classic / Nostalgic events such as a battle against Giovanni, Red and maybe other official characters or some of story related aspect from certain points where you have a side quest, a new area for Legendaries or even rare items / other rare pokemon such as Mega stones or fossil pokemon / other rare pokemon.

It sounds like it could turn out to be a really good game.
I'd like to know what kind of graphics you'll be using, personally i hate the Gen 5 trainer sprites where you actually see their legs, however some Gen 5 graphics are really nice they're smooth and shaded nicely, Though i've seen most games using them as they look washed out which isn't all that refreshing. So i just hope you're using colourful tiles either Gen 4 or 5 would be really nice.

Though the game itself sounds enjoyable so i guess i wouldn't mind what it looked liked as long as it's enjoyable to play.

I apologise if i gave criticised your game to much these are just personal opinions.

I also apologise if my message seems unclear in some way, it's pretty much all praise for the things you've planned thus far for your game so i'm really looking forward to seeing what you do with these features.

Best of luck in developing your game, I'm looking forward to being able to play it (:

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Mar 23, 2024
Ah Mega Evolution, it was a wonderful thing when it first came out so fresh and added a whole new depth to competitive battling but it's kinda sad when pokemon who really deserve it never get one, i'm glad to see you have an idea for making Custom Mega's so i'm interested to see how it turns out.

Following pokemon was a feature pokemon loved but it never returned in later pokemon games, though it's been added into Fan-Games it's a nice little feature, Though if your going to add it into the game could it be optional to turn it off either via the options menu or through a button of the keyboard?

When Gen 2 came out having a second region was an awesome concept you got to travel to another region and have a whole new adventure which added a massive amount of gameplay. Having multiple regions is a nice idea. Though will it be in one adventure or two? by that i mean will for example you get to say level 60 by the champion in the first region and then 90+ by the time you finish the second region or will you have your first region and when you gain access to the second it's an entirely new adventure where you pick a level 5 starter and do it all over again?

Pokemon games have always had a vast portion of stuff set on the main land to the game, however Hoenn for example had a large section of water with plenty of places you could surf and use dive it adds more area's to explore and even be useful for hiding things such as mega stones or side quest's of some sort maybe locations with rare pokemon i like the idea of having more to explore and possibly have rare items or pokemon hidden away.

Shadow pokemon were a unique introduction in the Gamecube games it's an interesting little feature however as long as there's a way to catch the ones that you've missed then go for it, because it'd be annoying if it ko'd itself from recoil or something and you never had a chance to rebattle it.

The Battle Frontier was a lot of fun in Emerald and Gen 4, it added several places in which you could flex your skills on competitive battling in unique ways adding a whole new fun factor about battles, the chance to earn the Symbol from the facility gave you all the more reason to keep trying. I'm interested to see if you add the Hoenn or Sinnoh frontier or even both, maybe make your own facilities, Personally i'd like if you did both. The battle tower is a classic go as far as you can, the Battle Factory with renting pokemon added a certain luck factor for getting a good variety on your team. the Battle Pyramid was probably the most challenging of all facilities for me personally probably because i rage quit for it being to difficult all those years ago but i'd love to see it Re-amped in Gen 6 mechanics. The Battle Arcade was a unique roulette style battle system which was in reality a horrible way to rely on RNG but on the other hand it was such a unique experience it was actually fun. The Battle Castle being point based had a cool little idea of you being able to buy support it's kinda like softcore version of the Pyramid which i really liked. The Battle Hall has got to be one of my favourite places being able to face pokemon in a difficulty level of 1-9 in each respective type was a really unique way to battle i really liked the concept of it. And all the other facilities i didn't mention would also be nice to add into your game since they're all a diverse way to battle it'd make great gameplay value under 6th Gen mechanics

The pokemon world tournament was another one of my favourite features within the pokemon games, the Nostalgia of facing regional gym leaders and champions was a lot of fun, and being able to face more competitive Monotype teams was also really fun. Personally i find Monotype a lot of fun to play in terms of competitive battles, I would really love to see the PWT make a return in your game with the classic Gym Leader and Elite Four / Champion battles along with Monotype battles.

Gym Rematches were a lot of fun in HGSS / Emerald it's a good idea and i'm looking forward to seeing what you do with your custom region / leaders.

I've got a question about the type matchup's regarding the two new types you're planning on adding into the game, what are they strong against and what are they weak against? Sound seems like an interesting idea however it makes me think of a more Buffed version of normal type such as less types types resisting it. Cosmic on the other hand makes me wonder think it'll have several weaknesses due to it's foreign origin, i picture it being weak to Poison, Steel, Fairy, Fire, Ghost. and it resists Psychic, Ice, Dark and i'm not sure what else. so it'd be interesting to see just how the matchup's will work and how many pokemon are retyped to either or these.

Time travel has been seen briefly in Pokemon HGSS with the Celebi event (nothing else comes to mind) however in other fan games Pokemon Zeta/Omicron and Pokemon Insurgence have a really well done concept on this feature it adds endless possibilities, from a creative point of view you can add Classic / Nostalgic events such as a battle against Giovanni, Red and maybe other official characters or some of story related aspect from certain points where you have a side quest, a new area for Legendaries or even rare items / other rare pokemon such as Mega stones or fossil pokemon / other rare pokemon.

It sounds like it could turn out to be a really good game.
I'd like to know what kind of graphics you'll be using, personally i hate the Gen 5 trainer sprites where you actually see their legs, however some Gen 5 graphics are really nice they're smooth and shaded nicely, Though i've seen most games using them as they look washed out which isn't all that refreshing. So i just hope you're using colourful tiles either Gen 4 or 5 would be really nice.

Though the game itself sounds enjoyable so i guess i wouldn't mind what it looked liked as long as it's enjoyable to play.

I apologise if i gave criticised your game to much these are just personal opinions.

I also apologise if my message seems unclear in some way, it's pretty much all praise for the things you've planned thus far for your game so i'm really looking forward to seeing what you do with these features.

Best of luck in developing your game, I'm looking forward to being able to play it (:

Thanks for the feedback, really appreciate it. And no you haven't criticised too much at all. I'll definitely take your suggestions on board :-)

In terms of the multiple regions, it's because the story's centred around Arceus and the idea of the 19 Plates scattered across the world. Of course there won't be 19 regions, probably 7 (one main region and about 6 smaller ones) so it all fits into one quest. However most of the content of the minor regions is post-game.

I'm not overly sure about how the type matchups for Sound and Cosmic will work but I want for sound to be enough to give its Pokémon a needed boost, while Cosmic-types are kinda OP like gen 1 Psychic or gen 2-5 Dragon, due to the foreign origin and scarcity of Pokémon of this type. The sound-type's scarcity is made up for by the fact that most Pokémon can learn sound-type moves anyway. Also both types will have certain type-based abilities. Cosmic-types will be immune to burning and freezing, while sound-types are 100% accurate with sing and supersonic like poison-types with toxic; however these moves will also be 100% accurate against them.

The graphics will be in the style of Gen 4, that includes the tilesets and sprites.

Hope this helps :-)

Years
Thanks for the feedback, really appreciate it. And no you haven't criticised too much at all. I'll definitely take your suggestions on board :-)

In terms of the multiple regions, it's because the story's centred around Arceus and the idea of the 19 Plates scattered across the world. Of course there won't be 19 regions, probably 7 (one main region and about 6 smaller ones) so it all fits into one quest. However most of the content of the minor regions is post-game.

I'm not overly sure about how the type matchups for Sound and Cosmic will work but I want for sound to be enough to give its Pokémon a needed boost, while Cosmic-types are kinda OP like gen 1 Psychic or gen 2-5 Dragon, due to the foreign origin and scarcity of Pokémon of this type. The sound-type's scarcity is made up for by the fact that most Pokémon can learn sound-type moves anyway. Also both types will have certain type-based abilities. Cosmic-types will be immune to burning and freezing, while sound-types are 100% accurate with sing and supersonic like poison-types with toxic; however these moves will also be 100% accurate against them.

The graphics will be in the style of Gen 4, that includes the tilesets and sprites.

Hope this helps :-)

Sounds amazing, To have several regions sounds almost like a giant task in which would take you a long time to piece together so i assume that after the first one or two will the scale of the region decrease somewhat? or do you intend for them all to be a fair size overall?

I quite like the idea behind that though how Arceus had it's original plates in which it used to create life and what not. I remember from the movie based on Arceus how it explained it's many different plates i think it's really interesting.

Hm so in terms of type matchup you're still figuring it out to a certain extent though i like your idea of their characteristics i think they'll turn out pretty well by the sounds of it.

Gen 4 Graphics sounds great it makes me look forward to this game even more, Gen 4 was my favourite generation as well as it was just generally nice to look at.

This really sounds like a good project it seems like you've done a good job designing the game up until this point so keep up the good work.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jul 29, 2018
I'm looking forward to what you do with this! PM me if you need any help with mapping, I think I'm pretty decent.

Back