• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other] Oak's Lab script

Years
    • Seen Oct 18, 2015
    Hey, I'm working on my first ROM hack, and I've gotten used to writing new script, but I've run into trouble altering script already in the game. I'm trying to change a few things about the first encounter with Prof. Oak, but can't figure out which flags I'm looking for, what to take out, and where to put my own script.
    I'm cutting out the Rival completely, and replacing the part where Oak asks you to chose a pokemon with him jut giving you a Bulbasaur. Also, I'd like to take out the Viridian PokeMart quest completely and just have him give the player the PokeDex.
    Obviously, there's a lot of stuff in this script ($00169595), and most of it I would rather no disturb. So does anyone know how to make these kinds of changes? Or, if I have to replace the event entirely, how to bring over most of the function to the new script?

JoshTheTrainer

Glaceon Lover ~
    Years
  • Hey, I'm working on my first ROM hack, and I've gotten used to writing new script, but I've run into trouble altering script already in the game. I'm trying to change a few things about the first encounter with Prof. Oak, but can't figure out which flags I'm looking for, what to take out, and where to put my own script.
    I'm cutting out the Rival completely, and replacing the part where Oak asks you to chose a pokemon with him jut giving you a Bulbasaur. Also, I'd like to take out the Viridian PokeMart quest completely and just have him give the player the PokeDex.
    Obviously, there's a lot of stuff in this script ($00169595), and most of it I would rather no disturb. So does anyone know how to make these kinds of changes? Or, if I have to replace the event entirely, how to bring over most of the function to the new script?

The coolest thing of Pokemon hacking is that the game scripts are all available. You can actually get the whole lab script from the game.

https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=3097527

And here's a post with a list of flags:

https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=302347

I hope you'll be able to work it out :-)

Years
  • For the pokedex, you could do this:
    #dynamic 0xoffset

#org @getdex
    setflag 0x829
    msgbox @1 0x2
    end

#org @1
    = [player] Got the Pokedex!
    -----------------------
    or something similar to that. To get rid of the viridian mart quest just go into advance map, find the viridian mart, and create a new script for the cashier. Hope this helps!
    -Marugi

Back