• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Why are badges not needed to use HMs?

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
    Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    How do I make a boulder/tree event that said something about player have not the right badge to use certain HM say I want to make boulder can't be pushed until player receive cascade badge, but when I make an event with this setting
    PHP:
    @>Set Move Route: This event :               : $>Turn Down @>Conditional Branch: Script: Kernel.pbCut   @>Set Move Route: This event    :              : $>Wait: 2 frame(s)    :              : $>Turn Left    :              : $>Wait: 2 frame(s)    :              : $>Turn Right    :              : $>Wait: 2 frame(s)    :              : $>Turn Up    :              : $>Wait: 2 frame(s)   @>Wait for Move's Completion   @>Script: pbEraseThisEvent   @>  :  Branch End
    it just prompt me to use cut even I don't have a single badge and I just can cut the tree with a pokemon that knows the move cut. how can I make it say "it can't use HM cut without having a first badge"

Nickalooose

--------------------
    Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2023
    You're more than likely playing the game through DEBUG mode... Using the Game.exe instead of F12 (or the green triangle) , will fix that.

Back