• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: make any NDS Pokemon game harder automatically! [for Spiky's DS Map Editor]

Years
    • Seen Jul 28, 2016
    Introduction

I made an AutoHotkey script to edit trainers/wild pokemon in Spiky's DS Map Editor which supports the NDS Pokemon games. It is a fully automatic macro tool, it will go through the entire list, but it doesnt stop on itself, you have to stop it manually as soon as it has reached the end of the list. It also detects how many Pokemon a trainer has.
    I wrote this for myself, but decided to share it in case anyone has use for it. I'd appreciate it if you optimize the code and post it here.

Installation

My tool is an automatic macro that does the same things a human would do, just faster. It is made specifically for Spiky's DS Map Editor, it only works with that, so that's the first thing you need.
    Next you need my tool, you have several options here:

• Option 1) download the compiled .exe
    • Option 2) download AutoHotkey and
      1. the script as .ahk text file
        or
      2. copy + paste the script into a new text file and save it as .ahk
    If you don't want the .exe, install AutoHotkey first to use the script.

Requirements

Warning

My anti-virus (avast) warns me about the .exe. But we know anti-viruses give false positives sometimes, don't we? I assure you the .exe is the same thing that you see in the script code above. You will have to take my word for it I guess. But I'm just some random guy on the Internet, why would you trust me?
    If you really want to make sure, then just download AutoHotkey and save the above code in a new text file. More details on that in the 'Usage' section.

Usage

Using the open source version

1. Install AutoHotkey
    2. create a new text document and open it
    3. paste the code into text file and save it as .ahk or save it first and rename it from .txt to .ahk afterwards
    Using the tool

If you double click the .exe or the .ahk file, the tool will open and you will see the GUI, which looks like this:

Spoiler:

next

1. open Spiky's DS Map Editor
    2. load .nds ROM
    3. click on 'Trainer Editor' or 'wild Pokemon Editor'
    4. select the first trainer/area you want to edit (very top), this is where the macro starts. Note that sometimes the first trainer is the very first rival encounter which you may not want to make harder.
    5. press Alt + 1 for trainers and Alt + 2 for wild Pokemon. This starts the macro.
    6. after the macro is finished, click on File -> save game, the editor will create a new .nds file
    Done. Load the newly created .nds file which will contain your modifications.

Credits
    Rajat said:

Code in case mirrors break
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Back