• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Limit numbers of Monsters in Party

Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2022
    Is there a way to impose a limit on the amount of monsters in the party instead of the usual 6's?

I went through every piece of documentation that I could find over the Wiki & Google and didn't find my answer anywhere, so I tried heading into the Scripts Section but got no luck there either.

In my particular case I'd like to cap a size of ~4 monsters. But I'm sure that there are others who may need that one day.

Thank you for your time, I appreciate it.

Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2022
    Yeah, I'm still struggling without this one, if anybody knows how to help.

Thanks!

Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2023
    I remember reading somewhere the 6-Pokemon team is deeply rooted in Essentials code. I can only guess it would be quite tricky to change that, and as far as I know it has not been done by anyone yet, so you probably will have to find out what changes need to be done by yourself.

Years
  • At one point I considered writing in a challenge mode in my game where you were limited to four party members (though enemies could still have six) and five moves per Pokemon (which the enemy could also benefit from).

I was actually able to get the game to impose a four-party-member limit by replacing a lot of "for i in 0...6" with something like
    Code:
    partylimit=6
    partylimit=4 if $game_switches[PARTY_LIMIT]
    for i in 0...partylimit"
    and it worked alright for a while. Then one day I ran into an issue when trying to draw the Party screen (an issue I'd never had before despite having gone into the Party screen before), and I wasn't able to figure out what the issue was so had to scrap the entire challenge mode before I could even implement the five-moves-per-Pokemon limit.

Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2022
    I remember reading somewhere the 6-Pokemon team is deeply rooted in Essentials code. I can only guess it would be quite tricky to change that, and as far as I know it has not been done by anyone yet, so you probably will have to find out what changes need to be done by yourself.

At one point I considered writing in a challenge mode in my game where you were limited to four party members (though enemies could still have six) and five moves per Pokemon (which the enemy could also benefit from).

I was actually able to get the game to impose a four-party-member limit by replacing a lot of "for i in 0...6" with something like
    Code:
    partylimit=6
    partylimit=4 if $game_switches[PARTY_LIMIT]
    for i in 0...partylimit"
    and it worked alright for a while. Then one day I ran into an issue when trying to draw the Party screen (an issue I'd never had before despite having gone into the Party screen before), and I wasn't able to figure out what the issue was so had to scrap the entire challenge mode before I could even implement the five-moves-per-Pokemon limit.

Thanks for both answer. I'll give a shot in a few days and will let you know how it goes!

Back