• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Dice Roll Challenge

HyperJono

Fanfic Writer, Pokeshipper, Lover of Pokemon
Years
Pokemon Dice Challenge

To play the Pokemon Dice Challenge you need a random number generator app that you can set as 1-6 or a six sided die. This is because most actions will be determined by a roll of the dice

The rules:
Core Rules
Picking your starter
  • Roll a 1 or a 4 – Grass
  • Roll a 2 or a 5 – Fire
  • Roll a 3 or a 6 – Water
Wild Pokemon Encounters
  • Roll a 1 or a 6 to capture or roll again if you haven't received Pokeballs
  • Roll a 2 or 4 to flee
  • Roll a 3 or a 5 to battle

This doesn't apply if you encounter a shiny
You can also trade pokemon to evolve them
Item Use
If you wish to use an item in battle(not counting pokeballs) you need to roll a 1,3 or 5

Fossils and Gift Pokemon
You can accept or resurrect a Fossil/Gift Pokemon but to be allowed to battle with it you must roll a 5

If you are unable to proceed you are allowed to catch a Pokemon that can use the appropriate HM but must be boxed immediately after you catch a new pokemon that can use the required HM

You can also combine this with other challenges

Optional Rules
For those players who really wish to challenge themselves

Battle Rule
This rule makes you roll to determine what move you use that turn
  • Roll a 1 – top left move
  • Roll a 2 – top right move
  • Roll a 3 – bottom left move or roll again if move slot empty
  • Roll a 4 – bottom right move or roll again if move slot empty
  • Roll a 5 – your choice
  • Roll a 6 – roll again
If Pokemon has only one move no need to roll
If you roll a move with 0 PP reroll

Safari Zone Rule(only applies if you have access to the safari zone before you battle the E4)
The Wild Pokemon encounters rule is not applicable in the Safari Zone if this rule is chosen
To enter the Safari Zone you must role a 2 or a 4
Once you enter the Safari Zone the next number you role will determine how many Pokemon you are allowed to catch
  • Roll a 1 or 2 - can catch 6
  • Roll a 3 or 4 - can catch 4
  • Roll a 5 or 6 can catch 2
Challenge end
This challenge will be split into two types Normal and Hard
Normal ends when you defeat the Elite 4 for the first time
How Hard will end is determined by the game and Gen you are playing
Gen I
-Defeat/capture Mewtwo
Gen II
-Defeat Red
Gen III
Ruby/Sapphire
-Defeat E4 a second time
Emerald
-Defeat Steven
OmegaRuby/AlphaSapphire
-Complete Delta episode
Gen IV
-Defeat E4 a second time
Gen V
Black/White
-Find the seven sages and defeat the E4 a second time
Black 2/White 2
-Defeat N
Gen VI
- Complete Lookers Quest
Spoiler:

Challengers
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Mar 18, 2021
This looks interesting. I'll try it.

Username: Feraligatr13
Game: Silver
Optional Rules: ALL (I want the full experience.)
Challenge Type: Hard

I don't know when I'll be able to start this, but it should be somewhat soon, and it should be a lot of fun.

HyperJono

Years
This looks interesting. I'll try it.

Username: Feraligatr13
Game: Silver
Optional Rules: ALL (I want the full experience.)
Challenge Type: Hard

I don't know when I'll be able to start this, but it should be somewhat soon, and it should be a lot of fun.

All good. And when you do start I would love if you were to post updates for your challenge

HyperJono

Years
Time for my first update on my run of Platinum.

My starter was Piplup as I rolled a 6. I nicknamed him Aquos
First Pokemon I caught was a Bidoof
Made may way to Oreburgh Gym catching a Shinx, another Bidoof, an Abra, a Geodude, Zubat and a Starly along the way
Tried to take on Roark wast defeated - partly because I was trying to raise my lower level Pokemon as at this point my Piplup was the only Pokemon I had over Lv 10
Went into the Oreburgh Mine to level up my Piplup into Prinplup. While training I caught a second Geodude and an Onix
After evolving Piplup into Prinplup went to challenge Roark for a second time defeating him easily and earning the Coal Badge

Current Team
Spoiler:

Box
Spoiler:

Current Play Time - 8:39

jordinduyck25

Providence25
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 19, 2023
Hey, I have a question. When you roll for whether you get to battle, run, or capture, is that per turn with a wild Pokemon or do you have to roll each turn?

HyperJono

Years
Hey, I have a question. When you roll for whether you get to battle, run, or capture, is that per turn with a wild Pokemon or do you have to roll each turn?

No. You only need to roll at the start of each encounter. You don't need to roll to at the beginning of each turn

jordinduyck25

Providence25
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 19, 2023
I see... but how do we go about capturing them? Are we allow to weaken them (while following the battle rule if applicable) or do we just keep chucking balls till they are captured?

HyperJono

Years
I see... but how do we go about capturing them? Are we allow to weaken them (while following the battle rule if applicable) or do we just keep chucking balls till they are captured?

You are allowed to weaken them. I mean it would be pretty difficult to capture high level Pokemon further in the game when they have full health.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Sep 23, 2016
A very good take on a Pokemon challenge, like it a lot.

Any chance you have a Youtube channel? Would be good to see you playthrough the game doing your own challenge!

Youtube - Joshkeeno

HyperJono

Years
A very good take on a Pokemon challenge, like it a lot.

Any chance you have a Youtube channel? Would be good to see you playthrough the game doing your own challenge!

Youtube - Joshkeeno

I have a youtube channel but I don't know how to go about recording my playthrough

Back