• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Blindfolded Challenge

Years
  • Age 31
  • LOL
  • Seen Oct 24, 2016
KCKE8D6.gif

The Blindfolded Challenge

How To Play
Each participant will be sent a PM linking to an IPS/UPS that has been randomized by my choice. After getting the IPS/UPS, you can then patch it to the necessary ROM (IPS/UPS will have the same name as the original ROM) and begin the challenge.

The 1st person to join the challenge gets to randomize my IPS/UPS for me, and I will play it as according to the rules.

Rules & Regulations
1: While doing this challenge, you are NOT ALLOWED to change the moves of ALL Pokemon you capture.

This means any Pokemon you have is also NOT ALLOWED to learn any new moves.

2: You are NOT ALLOWED to trade (by any means) for a new Pokemon.

3: You are NOT ALLOWED to remove any Pokemon from your party unless you capture a new Pokemon. All Pokemon captured will replace (in order) the 1st to 6th Pokemon in your party once it is full.

This means, if your party is full, the next Pokemon you capture replaces the Pokemon you currently have out for battle. From there on, the 2nd Pokemon will replace the 1st Pokemon at the top of your list, and so on and so forth working our way down as more are caught.

4: Any Pokemon that gets replaced by a newly captured Pokemon MUST be RELEASED.

5: You are NOT allowed to view the stats of any Pokemon you have (unless the game forces you to do so).

6: Hacking, Glitching, and Cheating of any kind is NOT ALLOWED. Play the IPS/UPS as I have intended... fairly and honorably.

Required Randomization Options
These randomization options must be applied to ALL ROMs using Dabomstew's Universal Randomizer (and then made into an IPS/UPS file). (Extra randomizations are entirely up to me (or you, if you made the one for me))

5zUeIQS.png

kCbcbju.png

F.A.Q.

Q: What do I do if I get stuck?
A: Start all over again or quit the challenge.

Q: I can't play NDS/GBA ROMs cause my computer is too slow. What do I do?
A: Be sure to tell me this in your participation comment and I will randomize a GB/GBC ROM for you instead and send you the IPS/UPS. I wouldn't feel bad about this, I can't run NDS ROMs either cause all it does is lag.

Q: Can this be done with already hacked ROMs?
A: Sorry, but no. Most already patched or hacked ROMs do not work with Dabomstew's Universal Randomizer.

Q: When I hack your ROM for you, can I apply patches to it?
A: Absolutely! But only if they work with Dabomstew's Universal Randomizer. Be sure to send the IPS/UPS of the hacked ROM.

Q: Will you apply patches to our games as well?
A: Maybe, maybe not. I'll decide when you join the challenge.

Q: Who gets to randomize your game for you?
A: The first person to join the challenge. (Please don't make it impossible and don't do NDS, my PC can't run NDS ROMs well, they just lag like crazy)

Participation

For those interested in this challenge, simply list the following below:

Trainer Name: The name of your trainer.
NDS ROMs Allowed: Just type either YES or NO.

After you join, this list will be updated with the IPS/UPS (Game Name) I have randomized for you underneath your Trainer Name.

BEST OF LUCK!

(This challenge has been cancelled for me due to my PC dying, feel free to do this challenge for each other)

Last edited:
Back