• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Mappers, Composers, Spriters? Creating a Game Studio need people

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2018
    I'm in need of Artists for my Pokemon Hack/Game. I'm willing to commission artists for cheap fare considering this is a fan-made project (most likely in RPG Maker). I'm just a writer, and because of this I want to give back to people who will be basically 'doing it for me'.

Profit wont be gained from it, but that doesn't mean I can't commission others. Since literally, I can't do anything but write the plot.

My limit is 5-25 for now, that that includes maps/sprites - anything on the over-world. I'll go up for around 50-100 for music - possibly 200 depending how much music I get out of it. I still need to develop the region and characters, the region is based off of Brazil and is named Sabor (Sabor meaning Flavorful in Protegees) and I would like people who spoke Spanish or knew Portuguese to help me.

This is really all I can offer, considering I can't hack or draw or compose. I hope to one day visit Brazil and would love it if people in the team came along with me, since i love to travel and I want this project to be a very long and meaningful one. I don't plan on releasing a trailer for it - or anything. I'm very cautious and I don't want what happened to Prism to happen to this.

I one day want to develop my own original game company. So anyone who wants to join wont just be making Pokemon Hacks. If anyone wants to make an original game they're welcome to. My company will be offering not just games - but novels, animations, movies, etc. I hope we can expand further to a cloud-based sort of thing, and I will PAY people, but I have to start off small. Who knows, maybe we'll make more than one Pokemon game, if people want.

I haven't been talking about this because I know it's ambitious. I just know there are a lot of awesome hackers/gamers on this site and I just want to gather them all up - and even if they aren't able to hack or map or sprite - they can still join. It's not a matter of weather or not you can draw or compose, just your idea is important.

This will take many years and I want this to be my career. But i want to do something Pokemon, and other games too. Only if your interested. I'm sorry if I'm posting in the wrong section - please don't delete this post - I don't feel like rewriting it. Just kindly re-direct it. Thank you.

Years
    Unfortunately, at the moment we do not allow you to participate in commissions on PokeCommunity. Your pitch is inspiring, but it might be best to gather team members in the actual rom hacking or game dev sections.
    I can't redirect it, as those sections have their own post to be put in + rules to follow. Just go ahead and repost it in either of these threads (but remember you still can't offer money here).

Game Dev Link
    Rom Hacking Link

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back