FireRed Pokemon Francium (Demo version 1) (6 Gyms)

Started by Sergeant Doof February 22nd, 2017 9:12 AM
  • 24 replies

Sergeant Doof

Male
UK
Seen September 4th, 2017
Posted August 1st, 2017
16 posts
4.7 Years
Hello there! My name is Antoni and I had been working on a rom hack for year, although never getting around to finish it. If I upload it here and people enjoy it, perhaps I may get the motivation to complete it again!

Features: (As of 22/2/17)
*Original Story and map.
*4 starters to choose from.
*Gen 4, 5 and 6 Pokemon.
*Fairy type.
*Unique textures.
*Infinite TMs.
*Gen 4-6 moves.
*Only 2 required HMs.
*Sinnoh Music <3.
*Multiple obtainable legendaries.
*Mega/Primal evolutions.
*Trade Pokemon evolutions (Info further down the thread)
*Physical/Special split.
*Lowercase Pokemon names.
*6 Gym badges to collect.
*Around 20 in-game hours of play time.
*Unique battle and overworld sprites.

Planned Features:
*2 regions to explore. (Oshon, Sinnoh)
*Fully re-textured.
*Battle backgrounds.
*Pokemon crys potentially.
*Female trainer sprite completion.

Take some eye candy:
http://imgur.com/a/4hzo6

Thanks to Kyle (Private Goof) for making some textures.
Other than that, the entire ROM is made by myself.

Tools used:
AdvanceMap
APE
Name Editor
NSE 2.0
Overworld Editor
NTME
PET
Sappy
Shinyizer
unLZ
XSE
YAPE 0.9

Trade evolution levels:
Spoiler:
Machoke to Machamp at lv.40
Graveler to Golem at lv.40
Kadabra to Alakazam at lv.32
Seadra to Kingdra at lv.40
Scyther to Scizor at lv.30
Haunter to Gengar at lv.40
Sneasel to Weavile at lv.30
Magneton to Magnezone at lv.40
Lickitung to Lickilicky at lv.33
Rhydon to Rhyperior at lv.50
Tangela to Tangrowth at lv.40
Electabuzz to Electivire at lv.40
Magmar to Magmortar at lv.40
Togetic to Togekiss at lv.36
Yanma to Yanmega at lv.33
Gligar to Gliscor at lv.36
Piloswine to Mamoswine at lv.44
Porygon to Porygon2 at lv.20
Porygon2 to Porygon-z at lv.38
Nosepass to Probopass at lv.38
Dusclops to Dusnoir at lv.48

Thanks for reading! If you're Interested in downloading the hack, The links are below.
Beta 1 ~ http://www.mediafire.com/file/yhil8nk2kdn613a/Pokemon_Francium_Version.ips

You need to patch the ips file with Lunar IPS to an existing Pokemon FireRed ROM.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Shameless self promo:
Youtube(Animation/Music)~ https://www.youtube.com/c/antonkruppy
Youtube(Games)~ https://www.youtube.com/c/antonkruppygames
If you LOVE the rom, you can donate here~ https://youtube.streamlabs.com/antonkruppy
If it puts you in a bad financial spot, PLEASE do not donate, people in the past have just requested for it.

Thanks, and have fun ^^
Male
Seen 2 Hours Ago
Posted August 16th, 2020
304 posts
6.9 Years
I can't choose a starter Pokemon. Also you didn't script to prevent me from going south of the town into the grass without a starter.
Yeah, I encountered that as well the first time. Second time around, I went directly to the lab without interacting with anyone or going south and I was able to choose my starter. I guess getting the pokeballs before your starter messes something up.

Sergeant Doof

Male
UK
Seen September 4th, 2017
Posted August 1st, 2017
16 posts
4.7 Years
Looks promising! When do you plan to finish this? It's already looking to be one of the better hacks.
I have no idea when it's going to be finished, as I am the only one working on it, but hopefully sometime in late 2017.
Seen 1 Week Ago
Posted September 6th, 2019
222 posts
14.3 Years
I must say, I started playing and the choice of starters is certainly interesting. The only nitpick I have so far is that...

Spoiler:

I don't understand the point about the gym announcer telling me about ground types since as far as I can tell, nowhere can I catch a ground type before facing Ray?
Watashi wa Phantomness desu. Hajimemamuke. Douzo yoroshiku. I created Championshipping (Lance x Ash/Red). My webpage is www.geocities.com/shadowphantomness. Fanfics galore + Lance shrine!

Sergeant Doof

Male
UK
Seen September 4th, 2017
Posted August 1st, 2017
16 posts
4.7 Years
I must say, I started playing and the choice of starters is certainly interesting. The only nitpick I have so far is that...

Spoiler:

I don't understand the point about the gym announcer telling me about ground types since as far as I can tell, nowhere can I catch a ground type before facing Ray?
In regards to the gym:

Spoiler:
I don't see why he can't tell you advice on what pokemon are good against electric even though you cannot catch one, but good point.

And for the starters (May have a spoiler for later in the game)

Spoiler:
The game's theme is man-made pokemon, and they're the only decent, non-legendary ones I could find. All of the starters are catchable later in the game aswell, but lets face it, most players would pick porygon anyway {XD}
Male
Seen 14 Hours Ago
Posted 19 Hours Ago
150 posts
5 Years
I encountered a pretty mean bug where my game turned all kinds of different colors and froze on me when I went to heal at the Pokemon Center in the town after the first gym (I forgot the name of it). I had a similar bug in another hack a year or two ago (I think it was Obisidian Black/Pewter White) and I still don't know what causes it.

Sergeant Doof

Male
UK
Seen September 4th, 2017
Posted August 1st, 2017
16 posts
4.7 Years
I encountered a pretty mean bug where my game turned all kinds of different colors and froze on me when I went to heal at the Pokemon Center in the town after the first gym (I forgot the name of it). I had a similar bug in another hack a year or two ago (I think it was Obisidian Black/Pewter White) and I still don't know what causes it.
Yeah, if it's not something to do with your emulator, it might be caused by remapping the healing centers since flying pokemon aren't in the game. But if the hack changed colors, that's pretty weird. If it the bug was caused by what I just said, the result would normally be a bunch of glitched NPCs standing still or doing actions in the center. Hard to explain but hopefully you know what I mean.

Bigpokemonfan0

Male
Seen 1 Week Ago
Posted May 28th, 2020
40 posts
9.8 Years
They were lots of grammar errors and typos.
Go check the spoilers for errors.
Spoiler:

"What the heck are you doing here?! Scram!"

"UGH! My Poison type Pokemon aren't strong enough!" This guy was irritated that he lost.

Did he mentioned wild Electric types? If so, he says more like "UGH! The Electric types here were such a pain..." Only because he have a Grimer and a Zubat.

This Nidoran as an extra space.

Darn it all? More like Blast it all!

This is a script error. When you look closer, you see this player running. And by the way, There's a capital 'S' typo.

I hope it's useful.

Sergeant Doof

Male
UK
Seen September 4th, 2017
Posted August 1st, 2017
16 posts
4.7 Years
They were lots of grammar errors and typos.
Go check the spoilers for errors.
Spoiler:

"What the heck are you doing here?! Scram!"

"UGH! My Poison type Pokemon aren't strong enough!" This guy was irritated that he lost.

Did he mentioned wild Electric types? If so, he says more like "UGH! The Electric types here were such a pain..." Only because he have a Grimer and a Zubat.

This Nidoran as an extra space.

Darn it all? More like Blast it all!

This is a script error. When you look closer, you see this player running. And by the way, There's a capital 'S' typo.

I hope it's useful.
These aren't typos, what you've posted are just variants of the same message, they all make perfect sense in the context. As for the electric one, the grunt is saying as if the electric type pokemon he had to deal with in the power plant weren't enough, the player just being the cherry on top. And the 'script error' I have no control over, that's just how the source code was programmed by game freak. Thanks for your effort though.

Bigpokemonfan0

Male
Seen 1 Week Ago
Posted May 28th, 2020
40 posts
9.8 Years
These aren't typos, what you've posted are just variants of the same message, they all make perfect sense in the context. As for the electric one, the grunt is saying as if the electric type pokemon he had to deal with in the power plant weren't enough, the player just being the cherry on top. And the 'script error' I have no control over, that's just how the source code was programmed by game freak. Thanks for your effort though.
I apologize for mentioning typos. It's just I don't know what it means, is all. At least I let you know about 'Scram' right?

In case you don't know 'Blast it all' mean. It means 'Shames a grunt badly in front of a player'.

The text after each image are for editing, changes. Except for the electric types to deal with. I should've told you sooner because I have a disability to communicate right.

Changes like this: "What the heck are you doing here?! Scram!"

Sergeant Doof

Male
UK
Seen September 4th, 2017
Posted August 1st, 2017
16 posts
4.7 Years
Hey, I died at the Gary battle south of the snowy city (don't remember the name) and got sent back to Slushwash grotto, before the missing rival scene. I cant re-trigger the cutscene. Is there anyway back to the snow town or am i SOL?
I'm pretty sure that if you talk to the peeps you can trigger the whole event to get to the snowy city again, I really need to fix that.

Inner Rhymes

Hip Hop and Pokemon are all I need.

Male
India.
Seen 1 Hour Ago
Posted 9 Hours Ago
944 posts
3.4 Years
Curious to ask if this hack is still on progress.