• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Nuzleaf -> Shiftry: When to evolve?

Murpheos

Fists of Flame!
    Years
    Here is my situation: I have a Nuzleaf, lvl 15, male, Brave nature (the nature i wanted it to have). I want it to evolve into Shiftry, but the attacks are contradictory. It learns Faint Attack, good for STAB, at lvl 31, then Extrasenory at lvl 49. The problem is, in order to learn Extrasensory, that is 35 levels as a Nuzleaf, and not a Shiftry.

Opinions, thoughts, ideas?

P.S Forget rebreeding the Explosion, dont want that move. Plus, this POkemon is one of my main in-game team, so cant change it.

Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2010
    try breeding?

breed a nuzleaf with extrasensory or a shiftry with faint attack, then just level the new baby pokemon and evolve him accordingly to learn the other move. like say it's a seedot with extrasensory then just evolve it to a shiftry to let it learn faint attack. or if it's a seedot with faint attack then keep him as a nuzleaf until level 35 to learn extrasensory. that works doesn't it?

Murpheos

Fists of Flame!
    Years
    Seedot cannot learn Extrasensory, so breeding like stated before, is out of the question. I believe the only Pokemon that can learn Extrasensory by level is Nuzleaf also.

Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2010
    well then i'm not sure this works, but you can level nuzleaf to 35 to get extrasensory, and then evolve it to shiftry. after you evolve it to shiftry go to the "move-remember-tutor"(you know the guy who helps your pokemon remember moves that it learns at lower levels?).. and get that guy to teach your pokemon faint attack.

i know there's a way to get both of those attacks on shiftry because netbattle allows it so it has to be legal. if this way doesn't work then sorry, i'm all out of ideas. :\

most ppl(like me) go which the physical set though. shadowball, return, explosion, leech seed. if you don't like explosion go for quick attack. but that shiftry is awesome.

Murpheos

Fists of Flame!
    Years
    c_dog said:
    wyou can level nuzleaf to 35 to get extrasensory, and then evolve it to shiftry

It is a good theory, but the main problem is this: Nuzleaf cannot learn Extrasensory until lvl 49. Thus presenting the main problem.

Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2010
    Murpheos said:
    It is a good theory, but the main problem is this: Nuzleaf cannot learn Extrasensory until lvl 49. Thus presenting the main problem.

alright, your first post was confusing. which level does which pokemon learn which? if Nuzleaf learns extrasensory at level 49, then level a nuzleaf to level 49 to let it learn extrasensory.:/ then evolve it into shiftry(which learns faint attack at a lower level?). now go to the move-rememberer dude and help shiftry remember faint attack.

is that it? so from what i read from your post:
    1)nuzleaf learns extrasensory at lv 49?
    2)shiftry learns faint attack at lv 31?

if that's the case then the method i just told you could work.

Murpheos

Fists of Flame!
    Years
    So this is what I have: Level Nuzleaf up to lvl 49, learning Faint Attack at lvl 31, get Extrasesneory, then evolve into a Shiftry, and voila.

Espy Psyche

General of Pokemon Defender
    Years
    The point is moot. Shiftry should not need both because Shiftry has the ability Chlorophyll. The moves for Shiftry are Sunny Day, Solarbeam, ExSensory, and Synthesis if possible (Sludge Bomb if not). The point of Chlorophyll is to have a Sun set(Sunny Day, Solarbeam, Synthesis) with highly increased Speed.

Squarewalker

Have a nice day.
    Years
    c_dog said:
    then evolve it into shiftry(which learns faint attack at a lower level?). now go to the move-rememberer dude and help shiftry remember faint attack.

Shrifty can't learn any moves by levelling up. Only Nuzleaf and Seedot can.
    I suggest you, Murpheos, to wait until Nuzleaf reaches lv.49. It is quite easy to raise! When I got to the 8th gym, it already got to lv.68 and it was (and is now, too) so strong, that I didn't evolve it. I didn't need to evolve it, and I won't either.
    You decide if you want to evolve it, but I think that Nuzleaf is a great pokemon the way it is. If you want a good moveset for it, then here's mine:
    Solarbeam
    Sunny Day
    Extrasensory
    Faint Attack

Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2010
    Murpheos said:
    So this is what I have: Level Nuzleaf up to lvl 49, learning Faint Attack at lvl 31, get Extrasesneory, then evolve into a Shiftry, and voila.

wait, hold up, you mean nuzleaf can learn faint atack at lv 31 AND extrasensory at at lv. 49??? THEN WHERE WAS THE PROBLEM????? O_O

forget the move tutor cuz i thought you meant only shiftry can learn faint attack at lv. 31 but nuzleaf doesn't learn extrasensory until lv.49 therefore you can't evolve it. turns out it is nuzleaf that learns BOTH moves in which case you just be patient and wait until nuzleaf learns both. i don't see where the problem is and i can not believe i just wasted my time because your posts have been so ambiguous.

you need to work on your sentence structure dude(especially for a 20 year old). cuz it's really hard to understand you, no offense.

Back