• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Red hack: Pokemon INSANE Red Version [Beta 0.4 Released]

Years
The game is finally finished at 100%!. These are the list of the features that have been included in this release:

Slightly edited Title Screen.

New map layout.

All 151 Pokemon can be caught somewhere.

Learnsets have been improved on almost every Pokemon, some Pokemon will learn moves from future generations.

Pokemon Levels and Location have been changed. No changes for Legendaries.

49752583542_3495f3b8a1_o.png
49752583562_40848369ac_o.png
49752252036_c0d1f850ef_o.png

Pokemon, Level and Movepool from Rival, Gym Leaders and Elite 4 have been improved.

The DVs from all Trainers and their Pokemon have been increased.

All Pokemon, Level and Movepool from Trainers has been improved as well.

All Pokemon's Base Stats have been improved.

New features in Beta 0.4:

A couple more graphic improvements

Some bug fixes

New party menu sprites.
49752252056_ebfa34183a_o.png

Some map improvements.

AI improvements on some more trainers (Eg. Jr Trainer uses Hyper Potion instead of Super Potion).

In game trades have been changed.

Known Bugs/Inconsistencies:
  • For some reason when the player enters the Team Rocket Game Corner the screen turns black and the game crashes. I think this may be a script inconsistency. I don't know how this happened but it may have had something to do with me modifying the maps with my hex editor. This will be fixed in the next release. (Fixed 2019/07/26)
  • For example if I name my trainer Gold then my name gets changed to Josh. If I name my trainer Joe then my name gets changed to New Name. I have already checked for inconsistencies with Gold Finger but I get nothing. This bug doesn't affect the whole game and its development at all. (Fixed)
  • For some reason the checksum was deteted as failed but I don't know the exact cause of that bug in bgb. (Fixed)
  • Exit was blocked off in Team Rocket Hideout to get the lift key from Rocket Grunt. (Fixed)

Progress on Beta 0.4:
  • Title Screen: 100%
  • Default Moves: 100%
  • Learnsets: 100%
  • Wild Pokemon: 100%
  • Map Layout: 100%
  • Pokemarts: 100%
  • Rival/Gym Leaders/E4 Pokemon Data: 100%
  • Rival/Gym Leaders/E4 Movepool Data: 100%
  • Trainer's Pokemon and Movepool Data: 100%

Tools used:
  • Pokered disassembly.
  • Gold Finger.
  • RBY Pokemon Wild Editor.
  • GraphicsGale
  • RBY Mart Editor.
  • Poketext.
  • AttackEditorGB.
  • PokeEditGB.
  • RBTitleScreenEditor.
  • RBYGTradeEditor
  • ClassicMap.
  • Tile Layer Pro.
  • RBMap.
  • Paint.NET.
  • Tile Molester.
  • Woodpression.
  • Jigglypuff GB ASM Editor.

Download link:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/kiwt5m6hj31p5gd/Pokemon_Insane_Red_%25281%2529.ips/file

Credits:
  • Game freak
    [*]My mentor, main helper and for letting me use his Prototype Party Menu sprites: Danny-E 33.
    [*]A bit of help with AI, movepool changes and sprite editing: SinisterHoodedFigure.
    [*]For his amazing map editor: ShantyTown.
    [*]A bit of help with ASM hacking: Crystal_.
    [*]Special thanks to Swampert22 for his swampert tools that made ROM hacking a bit easier.
    [*]To EeVeeEe for redrawing some really difficult backsprites.
    [*]Special thanks to IIMarckus for his Pokered disassembly.
    [*]To Evie whose glitch videos on YouTube have inspired me to ROM hacking

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
This looks like a fun challenge. It would be nice if there was a github page or some kind of document detailing stat and movepool changes but in any case, thank you for making this.

Years
While you are playing my hack, whatever you do buy a pokedoll and skip the whole marowak silph scope detection because I am planning on fixing the script issue with celadon game corner in Beta 0.3. I am also planning on redoing the whole level curve and balancing trainer pokemon because I have noticed while playing my own hack that the player's pokemon levels up fast when facing trainers.

My laptop is five years old and the screen got badly cracked and I could not replace the screen because it was badly damaged so I am getting a new laptop.

It may take a while for me to transfer all my data from my old laptop to my new laptop.

Just letting you know that the release date for Beta 0.3 is unclear yet.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen May 1, 2020
This has a bug maybe. I downloaded it to my phone multiple times cause it keeps disappearing and then when I do get to play it, the game either stops working or disappears entirely.

Years
This has a bug maybe. I downloaded it to my phone multiple times cause it keeps disappearing and then when I do get to play it, the game either stops working or disappears entirely.

Hello CrazyGuy234, can you send a screenshot of the bug through your phone through Discord. My Discord username is ValientOrc98#2976 just so I am aware of what the bug looks like that way I can take a look at the bug and hopefully fix it

Back