• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Recruitment for Pokémon MegaFireRed

Years
  • Want to be a part of a Mega awesome project? (Get it? Mega? Awesome?).

I posted some of my ideas for this project on the Launchpad a while ago. After doing some more concept work, I am ready to recruit!

As the title suggests, the main feature of this project is for every Pokémon in the Generation III games to have their own Mega Evolution. Now, even with everyone getting a Mega Evolution, some Pokémon would not be used ever (Luvdisc, Spinda, etc.). This is why I created 53 new Abilities exclusively for Mega Evolved Pokemon. Here is an example:
    Luvdisc.PNG
    Symbol of Love: Constantly infatuates foe while in battle.

Some Pokémon-like Plusle and Minun-perform better when they are together. Because the player may not always be in a double battle, I'm introducing a new kind of Mega Evolved Pokémon: Paired Pokémon. This Pokémon is two Pokémon acting as one, allowing them to attack twice in one turn. Here's an example:
    Plusle-Minun.PNG
    Two is One: Can attack twice in one turn.

All Pokémon that have Mega Evolutions in the main series games will get custom Abilities as well. Starter Pokémon from Kanto, Johto, and Hoenn will have Abilities that change...wait for it...the Terrain!
    Sceptile.PNG
    Nature's Course: On entrance, the Terrain fills with plant life, powering up Grass and Bug type Pokémon.

Terrain in this hack works similarly to that in the main series games, except the boost is applied based on the type of the Pokémon, not its move. This means that if a Parasect (Grass/Bug type) is in Grassy Terrain, the boost would be applied twice. Abilities that change the Terrain last the whole battle or when the Terrain changes and moves that change the Terrain last five turns. There will also be new Terrain not seen in the main series games, such as Flooded Terrain, Frozen Terrain, and Cursed Terrain.

This hack will also have new starters based on the Fighting-Psychic-Dark type relationship: Heracross, Slowpoke, and Houndour. Their base stats, EV yield, and moveset are modified to make them more suitable as Starters. When Mega Evolved, each Starter gains a unique custom move.

Some other additions to this hack:
    -New map of Kanto based on the HG/SS map layout
    -New story taking place after the events of HG/SS. Pokémon from Johto and Hoenn are appearing in Kanto and the Sevii Isles. Why is this happening? Or who is doing this?
    -New locations in the Sevii Isles (maybe you'll find some Legendary Pokémon here, hmmm...)

Quality of life improvements, including:
    -Unlimited TM/Move Tutor use
    -Free Move Relearner
    -Modified evolutions for Pokémon that evolve while trading
    -Rematch Gym Leaders
    -Day/Night cycle compatible with evolution
    -Updated base stats based on changes in Generation VI and Generation VII
    -Access to Mystery Gift locations, such as Navel Rock and Birth Island

I have more comprehensive notes attached to the bottom of this post. The current build I have has it so that every non-Legendary Pokémon is obtainable in the game.

If you're interested in learning more or want to join, respond to this thread, email me at [email protected], or message me on Discord at qwertyioup195#1993. Here are some jobs that are on this project:

Script Editor: writes and edits scripts
    Map Editor: creates and edits map locations
    Programmer: creates new mechanics and edits existing mechanics
    Concept Artist: creates artwork for Sprite Artist
    Sprite Artist: creates sprites and images in-game based off of concept art
    Writer: writes story and structure of the game

If you are interested in one (or multiple) jobs posted here, please let me know. I will update this post as developments are being made.

Have an awesome day!

Link to spreadsheets: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1XHvwkafQkGgXtTYqGfOriG3TABDrQh7LNYniGYCB7Ug/edit?usp=sharing
    Notes: View attachment Notes.zip

Back