• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Map✓] Random warp to Viridian forest

Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2021
    Hello!

I'm a beginner at rom hacking and wanted to try out making a simple hack. I made a mistake and started working with Firered 1.1, meaning I couldn't edit the sprites (just seemed like a bunch of weird sprites, or crashed the game).
    I decided to redo the whole thing in v 1.0 and imported all of my maps from 1.1 to 1.0 with AM.

Now, after doing that, when I enter professor oaks lab (in my map, a hallway), after walking 2 steps, I get teleported to viridian forest. This problem was not in 1.1.
    I checked the scripts and warp events, but unfortunately, I can't find anything.
    I tried changing the map back to the original oaks map and I get the same error there.

Does anyone know how to get around this?
    Thank you so much!
    Here's a gif of it:
    https://i.gyazo.com/67995baba9b1d883f9604d514b20c8c2.mp4

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I've seen this same issue before caused by the lab's map scripts getting overwritten, so that might be the problem.

Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2021
    I've seen this same issue before caused by the lab's map scripts getting overwritten, so that might be the problem.

I've noticed that prof. oak doesn't move when he enters, but even after taking the map from a clean rom, that doesn't fix the problem. Do you know if there's a way to reinsert the script? Or do I need to start over with the romhack?

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    If the problem is indeed caused by the map script you should be able to copy it from a clean rom, change the offsets to free space and insert it to your new rom. But starting over might be faster/easier if you haven't done that much yet.

Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2021
    If the problem is indeed caused by the map script you should be able to copy it from a clean rom, change the offsets to free space and insert it to your new rom. But starting over might be faster/easier if you haven't done that much yet.

Thank you so much!
    I got it to work by replacing the map from a clean ROM, and then remaking just that map! Saved so much work! Thank you

Back