• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Completed] Pokémon Rising Earth

Years
    • Seen Nov 26, 2023

Pokemon Rising Earth

After writing a letter to Professor Oak, who in turn gives you your first ever Pokemon, you begin your Pokemon journey in the mountainous Orhea Region. As you travel through Caverns and up steep hills, you coincidentally uncover a conspiracy that could lead to the destruction of the Regions entire ecosystem. You and your best friend will have to race against time, deep into the earth to stop a catastrophe from happening, as you have a powerful and well respected organization against you - but what really is their ultimate goal?

About

I've been thinking about making a Pokemon game for a few years actually, since I always enjoyed playing fanmade games, but I never really had the time to do anything of sorts. But then 2020 happened and we all suddenly had an overabundance of time. The original concept of this dates way back and it started as a theoretical sequel to X/Y. Originally I would've wanted to map the entirety of Kalos for this, but then I realized Lumiose City is a thing and also that Kalos' entire geography was really bad for what I wanted to do with it. I eventually decided to port it into a new region and over time removed all the references to X/Y (well most of them anyway).

This is my first forray into Pokemon Essentials and as such this game is very basic when you break it down, without any groundbreaking or dazzling features. My main focus was the story as well as, well, getting the whole thing to work. I might stop this paragraph right here though, I realize I'm not making the best (hypothetical) sales pitch here.

Features

All Pokemon Gen 1 to Gen 8 are included
    Almost every Pokemon is obtainable
    New Region to explore
    New villianous team, the Pokemon Paladins
    Gyms don't focus on Types, but rather mechanics, gameplay concepts or certain subgroups of Pokemon
    Fairy-Type and Mega Evolution included, every Mega Stone* is obtainable before the Elite Four
    Level scaling is balanced around the new EXP-Share (EXP All, if you will) (it's effectively a 90° angle at some points due to this)
    A rather high difficulty in battles (at least for me it is)
    Special Trainers in every Pokemon Center to help with grinding
    120 TMs, that serve as a condensation of Gen7/Gen8 TMs and TRs
    Every Route and City has an encounter or Gift Pokemon of some kind (for Nuzlocke purposes)
    Full Plot, 8 Gyms and Pokemon League included in the current version
    Post-Game includes legendary encounters, a plethora of difficult double battles and lots and lots of pseudoscience​
    Speed-Up Feature is bound to the Q button by default (I dunno where else to put this in this post, but I gotta mention it somewhere, so here you go)

Screenshots:
    Spoiler:

Credits:
    Spoiler:

Tools used:
    Spoiler:

Download

Version 1.3.1 is available here
    Alternative Mediafire download here
    Documentation (Encounters and Gym Leader/Elite Four/Evil Team battles) here

Frequently Asked Questions

Spoiler:

Bugs
    • You can buy Coins in the Game Corner without having the Coin Case.
    • There are some bugs that can happen in Battle that I haven't been able to replicate. Be on the lookout and save often!

I also have a Discord Server now, if you wanna join.
    Please report anything you notice!​

*excluding Mewtwo and Diancie

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Looks good so far, seems like you used Essentials 19.1 too 😊

Is there a way to get hidden ability on pokemon? Having a documentations about stuffs like pokemon and item location, important npc etc, would be helpful too.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 26, 2023
    Looks good so far, seems like you used Essentials 19.1 too 😊

Is there a way to get hidden ability on pokemon? Having a documentations about stuffs like pokemon and item location, important npc etc, would be helpful too.

Hidden Abilities can be obtained post 8th Gym; You can buy Ability Patches and there's an NPC that can toggle all Wild Pokemon to have HA if you talk to her.

As for docs, I have the stuff I used during development to keep track of things; But that'd need some touch-ups before anyone could see them. I'll take care of it soon-ish.

Years
    • Seen May 6, 2024
    Hey, I am stuck after 4th Gym and all paths seems blocked off. The last location where I could reach is cinicoast city but can't find the way to progress. Would be great if you could point me to correct direction. i have 4 badges so far.

Years
    • Seen Nov 26, 2023
    Hey, I am stuck after 4th Gym and all paths seems blocked off. The last location where I could reach is cinicoast city but can't find the way to progress. Would be great if you could point me to correct direction. i have 4 badges so far.

If you have not been all the way down Frosty Cavern yet, that's where you need to go first. If you have been, going to the Jewelry Store in Cincoast City is gonna trigger a cutscene for you to progress.

Years
    • Seen Nov 26, 2023
    Is there is a list with a location guide for where mons are?

It's in the works, sorta. Until then, as someone else said, there is an encounter.txt in the PBS folder that has all the info you should need.

Hi. Can you add a randomizer mode ? or randomized starters ?

First time someone's been requesting that, but sure, I could look into that.

how do u do the puzzles in the second gym?

As in controls or as in how to solve them? For the former its pretty much drag and drop mostly, although for the last one iirc you need to rotate which should be bound to the z button. For the latter, check the games folder -> Graphics -> Pictures -> Tile Puzzles. There is a reference image for each for how it's supposed to look in the end.

Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2022
    sorry i just downloaded this game and when i tried to start the game i found this massage
    "this version of the game is not compatible with the version of your windows you are running check your computer's system information to see whether you need an x86(32-bit) or x64(64-bit) version of this program and then contact the software publisher"

what i should do to play this great game can someone help me?

Years
    • Seen Oct 10, 2023
    I read about the game features that there are all pokemon but not all obtainable, why don't you make them all obtainable?

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Spoiler:

had this error when trying to load from an old save, creating a new game doesn't show any error

I only passed the first gym so it's not a big deal but still what might caused this

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 2, 2022
    Can I share him with my Chinese friends? I will mark the author and source. I would say thank you if you agreed.

Years
    • Seen Nov 26, 2023
    I read about the game features that there are all pokemon but not all obtainable, why don't you make them all obtainable?

The ones that are unobtainable are either minor legendaries or Pokemon that caused glitches or crashes. I didn't find a good way or reason to include the former group, and the reason why I didn't include the latter should be obvious. Honestly, I think it's like... 10% of Pokemon you cannot obtain in any way.

Spoiler:

had this error when trying to load from an old save, creating a new game doesn't show any error

I only passed the first gym so it's not a big deal but still what might caused this

Can you describe your gamestate? Where did you save, which Pokemon did you have, what did you do just before, etc. Maybe I can try to recreate the error.

Can I share him with my Chinese friends? I will mark the author and source. I would say thank you if you agreed.

I personally would have no issue with that, as long as you give credit of course.

sorry i just downloaded this game and when i tried to start the game i found this massage
    "this version of the game is not compatible with the version of your windows you are running check your computer's system information to see whether you need an x86(32-bit) or x64(64-bit) version of this program and then contact the software publisher"

what i should do to play this great game can someone help me?

Can you play any other essentials game or does this just happen with this one?

Akio123

Sadness forever...
    Years
  • Hey, where is the breeding center? I wanna breed for a slightly better nature for something

Back