• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Scripting Question] Rock smash

Years
    I have an area in my game where you need rock smash to progress but because it's a TM by default it can't be used outside of battle. How do I make a rock smash HM that can be used outside of battle?

Years
    Being a TM as opposed to an HM shouldn't affect its utility. Things like Sweet Scent and Teleport also aren't HMs, but they work outside of battle. Do you have pictures of the problem?

By default, if your pokemon knows Rock Smash and there's a rock there, the prompt should appear to use rock smash. Is the event for the breakable rock named "Rock"? That part is important.
    Rock smash

^ Here's the Essentials default Rock Smash rock event, found in the Rock Cave map. You can copy and paste it and it should work. If yours is set up differently then I'd love to see a screenshot of it.

Years
    My keyboard is currently broken and I'm typing this from my phone so I can't check right now. I know that I copied the rock smash event from rock cave but I can check as soon as my keyboard is fixed (which should be tomorrow if everything goes right). Thanks for helping me with this and I'll send a picture of the problem as soon as I can.

Years
    Being a TM as opposed to an HM shouldn't affect its utility. Things like Sweet Scent and Teleport also aren't HMs, but they work outside of battle. Do you have pictures of the problem?

By default, if your pokemon knows Rock Smash and there's a rock there, the prompt should appear to use rock smash. Is the event for the breakable rock named "Rock"? That part is important.
    Rock smash

^ Here's the Essentials default Rock Smash rock event, found in the Rock Cave map. You can copy and paste it and it should work. If yours is set up differently then I'd love to see a screenshot of it.

My rock smash event is exactly like that and it wont work.

Years
    Hmm...okay then. What's the problem that's happening? Is it just not giving you a prompt to use Rock Smash? Does any text appear when you click on the rock?

Back