• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Misc Engine] Pokemon Amalgam - A fusion game with no limits!

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Apr 16, 2024
Untitled-3.png

Planned Features
Silph co.'s newest product: the universal DNA Splicer:
➤ You can fuse ANY Pokemon together thanks to amazing new technology!
➤ More than ONE MILLION possible combinations
➤ Already 15000+ custom sprites
➤ Even rare special fusions await you...

pokemon-amalgam-autogenerated-fusions.gif

Amalgamations - a new kind of terrifying boss monster:
➤ Terrible mixture of 4 to 12+ Pokemon that need strategizing and cunning to beat!
➤ Carefully crafted sprites animated - coming to life to convey their monstrosity!
➤ Gain new buddies after defeating them to help aide you in your journey.
unknown.png

Kanto - 50 years in the future:

➤ Meet old and new characters - carefully crafted personalities with believable dialogue and a story that had a lot of thought put into it.
➤ You want to explore new areas? All the routes and cities are completely reimagined to have their own style, personality and Pokemon!
➤ Pokemon/Type rebalancing done right - Like Qwilfish? You can use it!
➤ All 900+ Pokemon in the game including Mega Pokemon!
➤ Optional sidequests, challenges and secrets that are worth exploring

unknown.png

A challenge for every type of player:

➤ Double Battle-centered gameplay for better strategizing and more options in combat!
➤ Gym leaders and trainers all around have begun to understand what makes battles exciting! Face challenging, balanced teams that really put up a fight!
➤ Built-in customisable Nuzlocke-mode!
pokemon-amalgam-battle-gif.gif

Quality of life:

➤ Gone are the days of looking up Pokemon stats and learn sets online - your Pokedex does that for you!
➤ No more HMs! The buddy-system from Sun/Moon makes a return!
➤ No endless breeding! Fun and engaging gameplay-centered mechanics for getting good IVs and shinies!
➤ Multiple language support for English, Portuguese and German. (more languages planned)

Plot

50 years after the events in Pokemon Red/Blue, you are part of the dozens of yearly gym challengers. The new technological advancements that have been made allow everyone to fuse any Pokemon with one another. This technology, the universal DNA Splicers are quite new but are already being used by many trainers around the region. Though that doesn't mean everyone has access to them. They are very expensive thanks to their novelty. This doesn't sit right with some, hence Team Splice was founded. To create a level playing field for every trainer, they steal the DNA Splicers from Silph Co. and distribute them amongst new trainers. Their plan is to create a machine to fuse all the wild Pokemon in Kanto so nobody has to rely on Silph Co.'s technology anymore. Their plans, however, go terribly wrong making Amalgamations spring up all over the region which threaten entire eco systems and cities.
What the reason was behind this failure and how to stop it, is for you to find out.

Recruiting
Looking to Recruit:
➤ Composers
➤ C# Programmers
➤ 3D artists for low-poly models
➤ Spriters
Engine: Unity 3D
Team Members:
➤ zeroneon (Project Lead)
➤ Tenedranox (Lead Programmer)
➤ All-Seeing, Caio (Music)
➤ Retrogamer, Tabarnak (Gamedesign)
➤ barafanatic, Kiwi, JoshuLips, Stan, Scrapi, Tomate, Emisys, Katten, Punko, Xillo (Art)

Method of Contact: Contact me on Discord at zeroneon#1277 !

If you are wondering how we could possibly have a million fusions in the game: Autogenerated sprites! Of course, they don't look ideal but they are placeholders for when the community or others decide to make a sprite for their favourite fusions! The system for that is already in place and can be seen in the images up above!

unknown.png

Attachments

• pokemon-amalgam-autogenerated-fusions.gif
    pokemon-amalgam-autogenerated-fusions.gif
    1 MB · Views: 30
  • pokemon-amalgam-battle-gif.gif
    pokemon-amalgam-battle-gif.gif
    757.7 KB · Views: 30
  • Untitled-3.jpg
    Untitled-3.jpg
    578.6 KB · Views: 37
  • amalgams.jpg
    amalgams.jpg
    338.5 KB · Views: 28
  • flowersn.jpg
    flowersn.jpg
    190.9 KB · Views: 24
  • ppeeps2.jpg
    ppeeps2.jpg
    174 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Apr 16, 2024
As a little explanation:
Obviously one million sprites for all the possible combinations is not feasable to make - that's where the autogenerated sprites come in. Though we do plan to make a sizeable amount of sprites so at least the trainers have completely custom Pokemon fusion sprites. It is also planned for the community to chip in with their sprites once we open the project to the public. We are currently resting at >5000 sprites!

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 24, 2023
oh? my? god?? this looks so awesome! great work so far! i love the animations and some of the sprites! great job!

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Apr 16, 2024
Thank you very much! We are chugging away at it, but since we need to make every system from scratch, it'll still take a bit - no roms or essentials to build upon. Rest assured though that everyone is working on it still!

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Apr 16, 2024
NPCs and a Dialogue system are in the game! The combat system has seen some serious improvements as well! Thanks to everyone for staying tuned! If you happen to know a C# Unity programmer that is looking for some experience, tell them to DM me :)

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Apr 5, 2023
Seeing this, I kinda have a cool idea for a possible item Pokémon amalgamation. Cofagrigus for the base, with each hand holding a different Item, like a Doublade sword, a Sinistea cup, an anchor from Dhelmise, and a Conkeldurr Pillar. Probably with a Slowking crown on top that's the actual one In control.

Years
  • Seen Nov 21, 2023
I see you guys seem to have some Infinite Fusions Sprites, did you get permission or something?

Years
  • Age 44
  • Seen today
I see you guys seem to have some Infinite Fusions Sprites, did you get permission or something?

just because the fusions are in the picture doesn't necessarily mean they are in the game. i mean no one said this was in-game footage

Years
  • Age 44
  • Seen today
Yes, we have permission. And what contact are you looking for?

I am looking for german language translation support for Pokemon Amalgam. i tried to dm you but dms are disabled on your account.

Last edited:
Back