• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] To Be a Master [T] [OOC]

Years

• To be a Master
    A Kanto-based short form RP
    Rated T

To Be a Master [T] [OOC]

Premise:
    This will be (as far as I can tell) PokeCommunity's first short form RP in quite a while. This RP differs from long form RPs in a few important ways:
    • Around 10-200 words is expected as opposed to the 1000+ of longer RPs
    • The RP is meant to have a lighter/less serious tone and character depth isn't required or expected. Some level of backstory and thought behind a character is still preferred, however.
    • The RP is much more open and easier for new players to jump in as they please. Sign-ups still need a short questionnaire filled out and a review before being accepted, however.

This is the style I'm most familiar with in short-form rps:

Blue: I'm gonna beat the Pokemon league before you, Red! See ya later, loser!
      *Red turns towards Blue*
      Red: Let's see if you can back those words up with actions. Face me in a Pokemon battle.

To Be a Master [T] [OOC]

Essential Info:
    To help give this reintroduction of an RP form a solid base to launch from, the plot will mostly follow that of the original Kanto games, but short form RPs differ from long form in that the players will have much more agency in the plot and progression. You don't need to follow a preset path if you don't want to! In order to facilitate this, the Kanto region here will differ somewhat from that of the games, with many additional routes and towns from the anime being included.

A time system will also be implemented, with a day/night cycle and seasons. Changes in the seasons, along with major plot events, will be announced in posts from me. The story will start in Spring in Pallet Town, Fuschia City, or Celadon City (your choice!), with you receiving a starter choice differing on the starting location and current story events (I will almost always either provide you the choice or play as the benefactor offering it).

Each player will need to play a trainer character that they made as part of the sign up sheet, but can also choose to control NPCs, though it is preferred that
    1. Players stick to the same NPCs for character consistency
    2. Interactions be between two different players (so don't call dibs on Erika so you can fight her in a battle, ask in this thread for someone else to pick her)

If you have any questions, PM me! I'm here to help you have fun!

To Be a Master [T] [OOC]

Town Map:
    This is for a quick reference of locations in Kanto.
    To Be a Master [T] [OOC]

To Be a Master [T] [OOC]

Character Sheet:
    Name:
    Home Region: (Most likely Kanto)
    Starting Location: (Pallet Town, Fuschia City, or Celadon City)
    Basic Appearance:
    Personality:
    Short History:
    Starting Pokemon: (Optional, see rules)
    It would be nice if you used Pokecharm's pokemon card maker to show the basics in one place! It gives me a quick reference for your character.

To Be a Master [T] [OOC]

Rules:
    • Swearing is allowed but only mild romance. No sex whatsoever.
    • You can only play one trainer character but can claim multiple NPCs to play (but not in advance).
    • No limit on players. feel free to sign up at any time!
    • Post at least three times a month or your character will be retired. This is to keep the roleplay moving. I will allow some exceptions to this however, as I understand life is prone to getting in the way of things.
    • Try to interact with other players if you're in the same location! It's more fun. :)
    • Your character may have caught a Pokemon in advance if your character is old enough (think 14+). Any common Kanto-originated Pokemon (one that has a 10% or higher catch rate on a route in Kanto) is eligible.
    • Pokemon won't have specific levels, but keep a general idea of their strength and proximity to evolution.
    • Pokemon can have 4 normal moves and 2 TM or HM slots that may be filled in later. Your pokemon will use their most recent movesets (pre-Legends Arceus).
    • The opening post in the IC thread will include encounter lists for each area. You are allowed only one rare encounter per every 2 badges you have.

To Be a Master [T] [OOC]

Players:

Attachments

• To Be a Master [T] [OOC]
      Kanto.png
      316 KB · Views: 88
    Last edited:
    Years
  • Help with making this more accessible to this community (as I know you're all used to long form lol) is greatly appreciated! I'd like to start developing a short form rp scene around here to help open up rp to members of PC who might not want to spend as much time writing.

Back