• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon: Amalgamation of Emeralds V1.2.5

Years
    • Seen Apr 20, 2024
    emerald1.png

Version 1.2.5:
    • Further fixing more under-leveled trainers and leaders(4x).
    • Added extra decorations around the map (3x).
    • Re-organized items at various Poke Mart locations.

Previous revisions:
    Spoiler:

In my respect to my beloved Pokemon game, Colosseum, I finally made an Emerald ROM hack that is all about double battle. Compare it to other similar Emerald ROM hacks, my version is more simpler and less congealed in content that does not take away from the authentic generation III experience such as Physical/split category and post-gen 3 Pokemon availability to use.

Highlighted changes to Amalgamation of Emeralds:
    • Free Pokemon at most Pokemon Center locations.
    • Variety of Wild Pokemon can be caught throughout the region (Gen1-3 combined).
    • All trainers now weld variety of Pokemon and most have increased team count.
    • Added Rare Candy to the Poke Mart locations. It is a little more expensive than the typical cheapest cost from other ROM hacks, but it is doable and you may have plentiful of money in the later story.
    • You can sprint indoor now!

Use the Rom Patcher JS to apply the .bps file to the ROM you have on your PC: https://www.marcrobledo.com/RomPatcher.js/

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-09-22 155035.png
      Screenshot 2022-09-22 155035.png
      29.2 KB · Views: 66
    • Screenshot 2022-11-22 165625.png
      Screenshot 2022-11-22 165625.png
      34.7 KB · Views: 43
    • Screenshot 2022-11-22 165514.png
      Screenshot 2022-11-22 165514.png
      36.6 KB · Views: 39
    • Screenshot 2022-11-22 165243.png
      Screenshot 2022-11-22 165243.png
      21.2 KB · Views: 42
    • Screenshot 2022-11-22 164228.png
      Screenshot 2022-11-22 164228.png
      35.2 KB · Views: 45
    • Amalgamation_of_emerald.bps
      9.1 MB · Views: 47
    Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 20, 2024
    Isn't this kind of idea already used before? https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=403158 and really not seeing anything cool this romhack tbh.

That romhack at least seems to be more than just your average "Emerald Double Battle" romhack and rather offers much more special features like infinite TM(s) and Physical/Special Split and this has none of it.

I was unaware that it similar hack existed before me. Now that you showed me that it existed, I feel slightly discourage now.

If I am being honest about my opinion on that hack, the only aspect I dislike is the addition of fairy type. And as you may or not know, I only played games up to gen 5. On the other hand, I speculated that it the difficulty is similar to Kaizo or something like that?

UnusualPete

Not a fan of shinymons
    Years
  • What is the required vanilla rom "version"? I tried two different Emerald roms and the patcher doesn't patch.

UnusualPete

Not a fan of shinymons
    Years
  • Did you use the provided link to apply the patch to whatever Emerald you have?

Yes. When I choose a ROM file, the message "Source ROM checksum mismatch" appears next to the "Apply patch" button. And if I apply the patch anyway, the rom stays vanilla.

I also tried Beat Patcher and it gives the error "Patch application has failed!".

Years
    • Seen Apr 20, 2024
    Yes. When I choose a ROM file, the message "Source ROM checksum mismatch" appears next to the "Apply patch" button. And if I apply the patch anyway, the rom stays vanilla.

I also tried Beat Patcher and it gives the error "Patch application has failed!".

I am unable to pinpoint what is wrong on your end. Perhaps the ROM you have is not 100% vanilla and clean.

UnusualPete

Not a fan of shinymons
    Years
  • Perhaps the ROM you have is not 100% vanilla and clean.

It's 100% vanilla. I haven't applied any patches or mods to them.

What version did you use when you modified the ROM? The roms usually have a ID code. For example, some Emerald hacks require the 1986 Pokemon Emerald (U)(Trash Man).

I also tried the aforementioned rom and it gives the same error (in the online patcher).

Years
    • Seen Apr 20, 2024
    It's 100% vanilla. I haven't applied any patches or mods to them.

What version did you use when you modified the ROM? The roms usually have a ID code. For example, some Emerald hacks require the 1986 Pokemon Emerald (U)(Trash Man).

I also tried the aforementioned rom and it gives the same error (in the online patcher).

I see the issue now. A colleague of mine tested the old file, and it turned out it failed. I went back and patch it correctly this time. Here is the permanent link to the download
    I am sorry, as I am new to this scene.

Last edited:
    Back