• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Blazing FireRed! A simple but fun open-world enhancement hack!

SIlverstanfan04

A Pokenerd like no other
Years
    • He/They
    • UK
    • Seen today
    Pokémon Blazing FireRed

Introduction

Pokémon Blazing FireRed is my first attempt at making and publishing a Romhack.
    After being inspired by the countless hacks I've seen and heard of I wanted to make something myself, which I will be showcasing to you all today!
    This hack focuses on making kanto work as an open world/non-linear adventure with a modern take on the region and features within.

What does this hack offer?

Enhancement hacks are very common these days, especially for Firered. So why should you play my hack?
    well here's a list of most features included in my hack as of today!

• Dynamic level scaling based on how many badges you have
    • Gym challenges are now gauntlets with your only options being to fight or forfeit (after 3 badges are obtained)
    • Toggle-able Exp share with gen 6+ effect
    • Much faster battles and healing at PCs
    • Auto-running using the L button
    • Swap moves in battle using select
    • PSS
    • A DNS system
    • Password system to unlock gifts!
    • Badge based mart inventory
    • Daily and time based events such as limited time sales
    • NPC side quests! complete their tasks to earn rewards!
    • Start the game with any of the 3 starter trios in any town/city
    • More Pokémon from Johto and hoenn are available in Kanto
    • A massive overhaul of Kanto's map design for new shortcuts and more diverse designs
    • Multiple new key items including a portable PC!
    • New moves from gen 4+
    • A new free-roam option for the safari zone! explore at your own pace without any limits!
    • New areas such as mt moon square from GSC!
    • Berry trees from GSC which replenish daily
    • New NPCs to buy and sell items with
    • and more!

ScreenShots
    Spoiler:

Gifs
    Spoiler:

Download V2.3 here
    Join the discord server for the patch and stay up to date on new content here

Credits
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen May 2, 2024
    Hey mate, why no comments here yet!!! Just downloaded your patch, and i pretty much like the idea. Started with Hoenn starter Torchic, from Lavender Town. May i ask, how far does the game go? Can i compete the Elite 4?

Also i would like to ask, is there a Nature Change option inside game? Cause for the starters, by the way they are given, it softlocks the player, cause you pick your starting pkmn right in the initial menu, so while reseting to achieve a good nature/gender i had to go all over the starting sequence of naming me and my rival etc. I don't know if it can be changed, just saying.

Either way, good luck with your project. 😊

Years
    • Seen today
    Hello all,

Just passing here to say this hack is really impressive. Having a great experience, simple changes but I can see there's a great quality/polish.

The redesign in the maps and new areas is a breath of fresh air, some are subtle other have a different flair, but really works and feel organic.

Really wish more people try your hack, I can notice the heart put on it. A lot of potential here.

Thank you for the dedication!

Wishing good luck with the project!!!

Bye!!!

Years
    • Online now
    Hey, found a bug while giving this a try.
    One of the NPCs in the underground entrance crashes the game. Also the text box glitches a bit after pressing "B" after talking to the Pokeball changer NPC (both of them), and if you try to talk to any other NPC, they won't say anything. Opening the menu and/or leaving the map changes it back to normal.
    Funny thing that I'm not sure if it's intended or not: gift Pokémon doesn't seem to scale in level, so you can just get a level 25 Eevee at the very start of the game. Same applies to Hitmonchan/Hitmontop, since it's possible to get them before the first badge.

Overall the game looks fun to play. Open world hacks are always welcome.

Last edited:
    Back