• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon Unbalanced Emerald

Years
  • Age 18
  • I'm a pro at nouns
  • Europe
  • Seen Apr 26, 2024
As many people know, gen 3 introduced a lot of features such as natures and abilites, which have since become a staple of the franchise. Now, a few days ago while I was working on a bigger project I thought to myself "what if the GBA games didn't have abilites?", so I took an Emerald rom and started fiddling around with it. The type chart has also been changed to resemble gen 1 a little bit, so Dark and Steel types have been removed, which means all Pokémon and moves from those types have also been changed.
U85bsLVaomhM.png

DbA7z3Ir4TJl.png

So basically: no abilities and the type chart went back to the Stone Age. I've mostly used YAPE to modify the Pokémon and some item editing software to change some items. That's pretty much it, wild Pokémon locations haven't been changed so if you're trying to complete the Pokedex here you'll have to trade a lot.

This is technically my first complete rom hack though I've been using these tools since 2018 or so

Attachments

• Pokémon Unbalanced Emerald.zip
    5.8 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
Back