• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Omega Ruby hack: Personal Omega Ruby

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2024
    Personal Omega Ruby
    Omega Ruby personalized to my liking

Introduction
    Omega Ruby is a game that has everything I like. All the Mega Pokémon, Gengar with Levitate, etc. That's why I chose to personalize it. The goal is to make Omega Ruby a more fulfilling experience by improving the game's repeatability and Nuzlocke playthrough with the modified wild encounters.

Features
    • Wild encounters have been modified to make many Pokémon from Gen 1 to 6 available, but Hoenn natives are still the majority.
    • Starter ultimate moves have been modified because these are the 'ultimate' moves, not the inferior moves.
      Spoiler:
    • The base stats of mega Kanto starters have been modified.
      Spoiler:
    • Feebas now have 5% chance to hold Prism Scale.
    • Horde EV Training is available.
      Spoiler:
    • Important Battle changes have been made.
    • Alternatives to Trade Evolutions have been added.
      Spoiler:

Screenshots
    Spoiler:

Video
    Spoiler:

Download [here]
    File size: 3.14 MB

How to install
    1. Extract the downloaded .zip file, which contains the romfs folder.
    2. From the rom list in Citra, right-click on Pokémon Omega Ruby and select 'Open Mods Location'.
    3. Copy the romfs folder to the opened directory.

Credits
    Kurt for the pk3DS.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 11, 2024
    Just added a little update to the hack.
    1. Horde EV training
    2. Important battle changes

Personal Omega Ruby

Please check the first post for more information and the updated download link.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    I really like the rom hack and the changes you have made to the ultimate moves. I hope you do really well with your rom hack project. Also, Gen 6 is one of my favorite generations to play, especially the Hoenn Region. Thank you for this. Good luck!

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2024
    I really like the rom hack and the changes you have made to the ultimate moves. I hope you do really well with your rom hack project. Also, Gen 6 is one of my favorite generations to play, especially the Hoenn Region. Thank you for this. Good luck!

Hi megarayquaza,
    Thank you so much for your kind words! I'm really glad you're enjoying the changes I've made to the ultimate moves. Gen 6 is one of my favorite generations too, and I had a lot of fun working on this project.

I'm really happy to hear that you're a fan of the Hoenn region. It's one of my favorites as well, and I think it's a great setting for a Pokemon game.

Years
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    I'm a long time lurker here and I just HAD to get out of corner to say that I love this project of yours!

This is basically everything I wanted from a Omega Ruby rom hack, as I agree it is one of my favorite games on the series.

Question: Do you plan on updating the trainers teams to some degree?

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2024
    I'm a long time lurker here and I just HAD to get out of corner to say that I love this project of yours!

This is basically everything I wanted from a Omega Ruby rom hack, as I agree it is one of my favorite games on the series.

Question: Do you plan on updating the trainers teams to some degree?
    Hi there! I'm so glad you're enjoying my project!

To answer your question, yes, I actually changed some of the trainers' teams. For now, the changes are only on the important trainers, such as Brendan/May, Wally, Team Magma Leader, Zinnia, Gym Leaders, Elite Four, and the Champion. For the full list, you can visit this link:

Last edited:
    Days
    • Seen Mar 24, 2024
    The Metal Coat evolutions don't seem to work. I leveled up both Scyther and Onix each holding a Metal Coat and neither evolved. Is there another condition to triggering them?
    Update: Neither do the Clamperl evolutions.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    This hack would have been perfect for me, if it wasnt the wild pokemon from gen 1 to 6 additions since i tried hacks with that already and i feel that it bloats the pokemon count too much, so i been looking for one that only adds the version exclusives.

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2024
    The Metal Coat evolutions don't seem to work. I leveled up both Scyther and Onix each holding a Metal Coat and neither evolved. Is there another condition to triggering them?
    Update: Neither do the Clamperl evolutions.
    First of all, thank you for letting me know.

However, the Metal Coat evolution method seems to work when I tested it. Honestly I don't really know what might cause it to not work for you.
    Maybe, just maybe, something went wrong when you installed the mods, you can try to reinstall the mods once again, a\1\9\2 is the file that responsible for adding alternative evolution methods.

Here is the test video:

Days
    • Seen Mar 24, 2024
    First of all, thank you for letting me know.

However, the Metal Coat evolution method seems to work when I tested it. Honestly I don't really know what might cause it to not work for you.
    Maybe, just maybe, something went wrong when you installed the mods, you can try to reinstall the mods once again, a\1\9\2 is the file that responsible for adding alternative evolution methods.

Here is the test video:
    Thanks for the response and for looking into the issue. Upon further testing, I realized that none of the "level up holding X item" evolutions work for me, not just the Metal Coat specific ones. The ones that trigger at a specific level without a held item required, such as Gigalith and Conkeldurr, however, did work for me, so I'm not sure what to make of it. I got around it by manually changing my Pokemon's species with PKHeX.
    Great romhack by the way. I've had lots of fun playing it and capturing hundreds of Pokemon on every route over the past few months.
    I don't know if you're open to feedback or are still developing this further, but I think it'd be a great idea to make Garchompite easier to get. The normal vanilla requirement for it (capture 1000 secret base flags) just seems so bizarre and unachievable compared to every other Mega Stone.

Edit: I reinstalled the whole mod and held item evolutions still don't work. Does it have something to do with the emulator I'm using? I'm playing on Citra Nightly.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 11, 2024
    Thanks for the response and for looking into the issue. Upon further testing, I realized that none of the "level up holding X item" evolutions work for me, not just the Metal Coat specific ones. The ones that trigger at a specific level without a held item required, such as Gigalith and Conkeldurr, however, did work for me, so I'm not sure what to make of it. I got around it by manually changing my Pokemon's species with PKHeX.
    Great romhack by the way. I've had lots of fun playing it and capturing hundreds of Pokemon on every route over the past few months.
    I don't know if you're open to feedback or are still developing this further, but I think it'd be a great idea to make Garchompite easier to get. The normal vanilla requirement for it (capture 1000 secret base flags) just seems so bizarre and unachievable compared to every other Mega Stone.

Edit: I reinstalled the whole mod and held item evolutions still don't work. Does it have something to do with the emulator I'm using? I'm playing on Citra Nightly.
    Unfortunately it didn't work for you. But glad you found a workaround.
    Actually, I also use the nightly build. Maybe using the same version will help you make it work. Here is the one I use:
    Personal Omega Ruby

And I do have a plan to edit the Pickup table, but I haven't worked on this project for a very long time now. I've forgotten how to use the tools I used to make this hack, and need to relearn them. 🙃

About Garchompite, maybe the easier way to do it is to give wild Gible some chance to hold it.

-

EDIT: This is giga embarrassing.. I just noticed that we need to level up while holding items during the day..

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen today
    Hey, thank you for your hard work o7 Say, is it possible to keep all the features added without the ultimate moves boost (or the battle changes, if possible)? Of course I'm not asking to redo the whole mod again, but maybe it can be done by just removing some files from the mod itself, and since I have no clue how modding works, do you have any idea if this is the case? Thank you and sorry for the trouble!

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2024
    Hey, thank you for your hard work o7 Say, is it possible to keep all the features added without the ultimate moves boost (or the battle changes, if possible)? Of course I'm not asking to redo the whole mod again, but maybe it can be done by just removing some files from the mod itself, and since I have no clue how modding works, do you have any idea if this is the case? Thank you and sorry for the trouble!
    You're welcome!
    And yes, if I remember correctly it's possible to exclude some parts of the mods by just removing some files.
    - Ultimate Moves: romfs\a\1\8\9
    - Ultimate Moves' description: romfs\a\0\7\3
    - Trainer's related data: romfs\a\0\3\6
    - Trainer's Pokémon: romfs\a\0\3\8

Years
    • Seen today
    Great! Soooo, if I want to keep only the new evolution methods and the updated wild encounters, the files I have to keep are a/0/1/3 and a/1/9/2-5? Still appreciate all the help, really! I guess the dexnav doesn't owrk with the new added species right? No problem at all, I withstanded all generations plus countless romhacks without dexnav, I survive one more game.

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2024
    Great! Soooo, if I want to keep only the new evolution methods and the updated wild encounters, the files I have to keep are a/0/1/3 and a/1/9/2-5? Still appreciate all the help, really! I guess the dexnav doesn't owrk with the new added species right? No problem at all, I withstanded all generations plus countless romhacks without dexnav, I survive one more game.
    If you want to keep only the wild encounter and the evolution methods, then the files you need to keep are a/0/1/3 and a/1/9/2.

And I'm not entirely sure about DexNav. It worked just fine the last time I tested to hunt for Onix.

Years
    • Seen today
    It actually works! Like, even the icons in the dexnav appears, I thought that those were hardcoded. Ok thank you again, you made the jurney much more enjoyable now!

Back