• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon Emerald Encore Edition

Years
  • EmeraldEncore.png

Current Version: v3.0 (The Gym Update)
    Hack of Pokémon Emerald​

Overview
    Pokémon Emerald Encore (Once called Emerald+) is a hack of Emerald that seeks to touch up some of the game while preserving the original feel. This include buffing weaker Pokémon, adding buffs that came from future generations, and tweaking a handful of Trainers. Certain Pokémon have gotten type changes, their availability altered, and a small group of older Pokémon have been added to flesh out the region a bit more.
    The intention of this hack is to give most mons a function, rather than make every Pokémon viable.

This is my first Romhack so I hope you enjoy :)

Features

Rebalanced Mons
    • Most useless abilities like Sturdy or Illuminate have been replaced with more usable ones.
    • Certain Pokémon, like Glalie, have gained an additional typing to help them stand out.
    • Many Pokémon have had stats buffed, swapped or redistributed to make them more usable/niche filling.
    • Almost every Pokémon line got an updated movelist. For example, the Treecko line has access to Dragon moves by level-up, while Spinda got access to dual screens and such.
    • Trade evolutions have been changed, as well as some more annoying evo requirements, like Feebas and the baby Pokémon.

Minor Difficulty Tweaks
    • Every gym leader has had their teams, movesets, levels, and/or IVs changed to provide a more balanced yet fair difficulty. This is not to the levels of hard mode hacks.
    • Wallace has been overhauled into a more rounded Champion.

V3 Fix Log
    • Marill has properly been updated to made their Google Sheet Page.
    • A handfull of moves have been updated to more accurately reflect the Sheet page
    • Mightyena has been rebalanced back to Physcial, as it felt too out of place.

Downloads and Extras
    The UPS Patch for Version 3 is located here.
    The Google Sheet with all the changes is located here.

Old Versions:
    Spoiler:

Screenshots
    Spoiler:

Credits and Special Thanks
    Haven1433 for the Hex Maniac Advance Rom Editor.
    The Pokecommunity Discord for providing a list of underpowered Pokémon.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I wouldn't go that far and say sturdy us useless. The ability is viable

Actually, they're talking about Gen 3/4 Sturdy which only worked with OHKO moves instead of being a Focus Sash like in Gen 5 onward. It's basically useless in Gen 3 unless you want to have more battles with OHKO moves.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Actually, they're talking about Gen 3/4 Sturdy which only worked with OHKO moves instead of being a Focus Sash like in Gen 5 onward. It's basically useless in Gen 3 unless you want to have more battles with OHKO moves.

Oh ok

Years
  • The Gym Update has been Rolled Out! I hope you all enjoy it!
    I'll be taking a break from this rom for the moment to work on my next one, but will return for a NPC update.

Back