• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokesho 4 Komas! Free Comics in Eng! Please Read!

Grimsg

Manga Merchant
    Years
    Translated Pokesho 4 Komas! In English!!

Well I'm Yamato-san's graphic designer I guess. He translates stuff, I just take his stuff and put it in the panels. I'm forever grateful to him because I understand that translation from Japanese to English is hard work. (I apologise that I had to change some of his translations cause some of them sound quite literal.)

Please *do not* print and sell. These are fan comics and are not official and no one is making any money from these.

Art work by Soara of Pokesho, translations by Yamato-san and editing by me.
    Grimsg

Last edited:

Yamato-san

Banned
    Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen Feb 15, 2012
    hey, seeing as you have the titles to the side on some of these (BTW, you left out some titles), do you think you could put the credits in there as well? I wouldn't want people to take the images and try to claim everything. So you know, Delta Suicune wasn't helping me anymore at this point.

Mystic

Care for some Tea?
    Years
    • Age 37
    • USA
    • Seen Oct 5, 2007
    To answer that one with the slot machines, thats Necrosaro's silouet from Dragon Warrior 4. That was awesome to see that show up in a Pokemon comic.

Grimsg

Manga Merchant
    Years
    Yeah I'll put a watermark or something on it so that people don't claim these and sell 'em or something.

And will squeeze in credits somewhere on the side.

Grimsg

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
    It seems like you didn't get the joke fom the first 4-koma...

The kids are trying to say "joushiki" (常識), which means "common sense".
    Nurse Joy on the other hand, is telling the kids "not to break his dream".

This is poking fun at the fact that Prof. Utsugi is all hyped-up about Pikachu being a Pokemon which is already evolved, but to the kids, it's common sense.

This can be interpreted that the kids represent the GBA generation, and to them, Pichu -> Pikachu is common sense.

Grimsg

Manga Merchant
    Years
    Oh ok, cause when I read it, the kid said jyoushi. I guess when I checked my dictionary I didn't check for joushiki, I checked for jyoushi.

Man, so much for uber pun jokes.

Grimsg

Last edited:

Supreme Edgeboy Max

alphabet tour
    Years
    Oooh, nice! =D I have an idea Grimsg and Yamato-san, about putting these up on Pokesho linking back to it. It can be like a translation site for Pokesho. If you agree, just PM me back 'cause we'll be going off topic. ^__^ These are hilarously good. Well done, all of you, Grimsg, Yamato and Soara!

Yamato-san

Banned
    Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen Feb 15, 2012
    I already posted a link on the Pokesho forums. Hasn't been a reply so far, though.

Supreme Edgeboy Max

alphabet tour
    Years
    Um.. Babelfish can't translate pictures, and it is HORRIBLE at Japanese. And the Pikachu jokes, well..

Elm: Pikachu is, Pikachu is AN EVOLVED POKEMON!
    Oak: Pikachu is WHAT THE ****?

Its something like that I believe. Are you reading right to left in these comics now?

Crystal Clair

Shinji lover
    Years
    Um.. Babelfish can't translate pictures, and it is HORRIBLE at Japanese. And the Pikachu jokes, well..
    Well, I have a program on my computer where I can write down kanji and stuff and have it translated. And Babelfish gives me the main idea. I also use a dictionary and common sense. I use a lot of stuff. Of course I dont have time to translate all Pokesho's comics, I just look up some kanji that I'm curious about.
    Oh, now I get the joke. kinda weird though

Grimsg

Manga Merchant
    Years
    Nah, just take the Oak and Elm one that it's an uber Japanese joke that only JPers will understand or anyone who actually knows the language fluently.

I'm guessing it's just a huge pun that I probably don't know about.

Grimsg

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
    Grimsg said:
    Nah, just take the Oak and Elm one that it's an uber Japanese joke that only JPers will understand or anyone who actually knows the language fluently.

I'm guessing it's just a huge pun that I probably don't know about.

Grimsg
    I'll have a try translating it to something which can be understood and humorous.

1st panel: This panel is OK as it is.

2nd panel: So is this.

3rd panel: This too.

4th panel: And this.

5th panel: Basically Utsugi+Ookido's speech bubbles are OK.
    but...
    Kids: "That's common sen..."
    Joey: "Please, leave him alone in his glory!"

This is the closest translation I can come up with which is also humorous at the same time,
    although "Just leave them alone!" is good too.

Back