• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon -- The first 83 episodes, Not too many fillers??

Light_Azumarill

Danny Phantom!
Years
*agrees w/Kent*

Yeah, I mean, there were plenty of episodes that didn't include a badge, a pokemon evolving/being caught, and some major event. They were just more enjoyable to watch, and weren't a cookie-cutter plot that many were getting tired of inb Johto.

The writers/producers today STILL insist upon using that same, stale storyline of Ash and co. meets trainer/person with a pokemon, TR tries to steal it, Ash helps defeat them. It's rather dull and annoying. Those episodes where that is the storyline, and you spend half the episode looking at the clock trying to figure out when the thing is gonna be over; those I consider fillers.

Many times what one person considers a filler, another will argue it's not, simply because they liked it. I know some people who like "Right on, Rhydon!" and agrue that it's not a filler, even though I loathe it and consider it the biggest filler in the whole series. So, I think sometimes fillers are an 'eye of the beholder' thing.

Back