• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Fast ways to gain levels?

Digital_Remix

Master In Training
    Years
    I'm at a point where I beat the Elite 4, and now their levels have all been raised to the 70s. I can only handle up to 3 battles, so I lose by the fourth. Beating the Elite 4 over and over is a fast way to gain levels for Pokemon, but seeing I cannot do all of that so greatly at this point on my Fire Red, what are some other ways to gain some levels relatively fast?

I don't want to rare candy them either.

Thanks a lot, and I apologize if this should be somewhere else.

Fl0W:HHGURU

Used to be pokEMOn UseR =]
    Years
    What i do is collect all my EXP.shares from my other versions. On my LeafGreen version i have EXP.shares from Emerald, Ruby, Colluseum (GC) and XD (GC). When using a level 70 pokemon in battle it will gain double the amount of xp aswell as the rest of your team gaining half. This is a great way for the lazy trainer ^_-

Edit: i forgot something ^_^ Try trading your Team pokemon to another game then trading them back to yours, your pokemon will get boosted xp which means it increases by 1.5% =D

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    Honestly, the E4 is the best way to level up in FRLG because you get 1.5 times the experience as you would fighting high level wild Pokes in the Cerulean (aka Unknown) Dungeon. What you do is put the Poke that you want to level up in the front and have them hold the Exp Share. Then you switch it out immediately for a higher level Poke. What this does is give your Poke 3/4 the Exp points instead of 1/2.

Don't forget that Pokes that you trade to a different game earn 1.5 Exp points automatically, and if you can catch a Chansey with a Lucky Egg (extremely rare) your Poke will earn double Exp points.

Shiny Meganium

Meganium trainer
    Years
    Yeah, the E4 is the best place. If you don't wnat to keep on beating them, there are pretty good trainers by the house at Sevault canyon on Island 7. But the E4 are better.

Smarties-chan

Should've had that name change
    Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    What i do is collect all my EXP.shares from my other versions. On my LeafGreen version i have EXP.shares from Emerald, Ruby, Colluseum (GC) and XD (GC). When using a level 70 pokemon in battle it will gain double the amount of xp aswell as the rest of your team gaining half. This is a great way for the lazy trainer ^_-
    You don't gain double the xp if you have the exp.share, it didn't even work in the G/S/C games, back then you got half the exp times two -_- And if you have two or more exp shares attached the exp will be distributed to the active Pokémon and every Pokémon holding an exp.share, so good luck with that -_-

I'd say the fastest way to get money and experience is to battle the two cooltrainers in front of the house with the guy who dances the Chansey dance over and over again. And when your Pokémon are on low health just go inside the house, dance the Chansey dance and get your Pokémon healed up. It's an easy and fast way to train your Pokémon and you should get them up to level 80 without bigger problems.

But if you can't defeat the e4 with level 70 Pokémon there's either something wrong with your movesets or Pokémon. A favorable nature and basic ev training will really help against the e4. And don't forget to stack up on hyper/max potions full restores/full heal (depends on how much money you have) and of course revives.

Digital_Remix

Master In Training
    Years
    Thanks a lot for the tips guys. Most of my pokemon right now are RIGHT AT level 70, and most of them are still in the higher sixties, so they're still below the E4.

Barboach

As we know it.
    Years
    well if u have all traded pokemon, traded pokemon get an increased amount of exp so it should be easier with traded pokemon

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    RaikouSpecialLover said:
    Speaking of EV training, does that mean you don't use any Rare Candies on it? Or is it to battle certain types of Pogeys?
    This is better asked in the Simple Questions thread, but I will answer it anyway. EV training is used to help you train your Pokes the way YOU want to. If you just go into battles with characters in the game and with wild Pokes with no regard to their EV values, you could end up with a Crobat with a high Spec Att value or a Blissey with a high Att value. Both net you nothing since Crobat should be dealing physical attack and Blissey special attacks.

Proper EV training allows you to luxury of using Rare Candies and dumping off your Pokes at the Daycare in order to raise them without having to battle all the time.

Fl0W:HHGURU

Used to be pokEMOn UseR =]
    Years
    Smarties-Kun READ what i said...i said that if you use a pokemon in battle holding an EXP.share it gains DOUBLE the amount of XP as it would if i didnt hold the EXP.Share.

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    Actually that is not entirely correct. If a Poke holds Exp Share and doesn't participate in a battle, the Exp points earned in that battled will be divided in half, one half going to the Poke that battled and the other half going to the Poke hold Exp Share. So, while the Poke in question gets Exp points, it isn't necessarily double.

Now, if the aforementioned Poke participates in battle, and is the only Poke to participate in that battle, it get NO MORE Exp points than if it had battled without the Exp Share.

Some variations to that logic is that if, once again, the aforementioned Poke enters the battle and then is switched out for a different Poke to battle, not only will it get the 1/2 points from the Exp Share, but it will also get 1/2 of the remaining Exp points that it splits with the other Poke, equally 3/4 of the total Exp points for that battle. Plus, if the aforementioned Poke does not participate in a battle, but two other Pokes do, it still gets 1/2 of the available Exp points with the other half being split between the two participating Pokes.

Hope that makes it clear as mud for you. LOL

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Nov 15, 2007
    I train at Fushia against Birdboy Jacob all the time. It's pretty effective for me. I've been training like that for a long while now, seeing as you get 6500 exp. everytime you beat his team of Fearrow. And as everyone else stated, Exp Share is also a pretty helpful strategy if you want to train two pokemon at once.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
    I go to the Pokemon league a lot considering those Pokemon's are in there level 60-75's. I also go to the Islands. Its like FR/LG has the best way to train your Pokemon instead of trading them to RSE or Pokemon XD.

~Dark Venusaur

Back