ROM Hacking Need a helping hand? You can get help on any ROM Hacking-related problems or questions you have here.

TrollandToad.com
Closed Thread

Old October 20th, 2013 (11:43 AM).
(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
  • Gold Tier

Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by awipe1 View Post
Yeah I just checked and you were right, Abra was 12 02 0000 and dragonite was 12 02 0000.

How do I change these do they are different? Is that all I have to do? just change one of these values so they are different?
Change one of them and you will go into the game to find them lookin' good.
Just a fact, 0 is for the hero.

Support me at my site!
Pokémon Platinum Red and Blue

Relevant Advertising!

Old October 20th, 2013 (11:53 AM).

Quote:
    Originally Posted by gogojjtech View Post
    Change one of them and you will go into the game to find them lookin' good.
    Just a fact, 0 is for the hero.
    Okay thanks but how do I change them?
    Old October 20th, 2013 (11:54 AM).
    (☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
    • Gold Tier

Nature: Jolly
    Quote:
    Okay thanks but how do I change them?
    Change the bytes
    Just change the bytes
    There's no explanation for changing bytes

Support me at my site!
    Pokémon Platinum Red and Blue
    Old October 20th, 2013 (12:03 PM). Edited October 20th, 2013 by karatekid552.
    What happens if I push it?....

Nature: Bold
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by gogojjtech View Post
      Change the bytes
      Just change the bytes
      There's no explanation for changing bytes
      Yes there is. He wants to know HOW to change them, which you can't do in NSE.

Awipe1: You need to use a hex editor.

Quote:
      Originally Posted by exidia View Post
      How can I make an person event hidden (invisible) until a flag is set (in the same area)?
      The person ID in A-map controls this. If the flag is set, the person will be hidden. If the flag is unset, the person will be visible. So, you just need to work backwards. Set the flag before hand, then clear it later.

Paired with Simba
      Old October 20th, 2013 (12:33 PM).

Quote:
        Originally Posted by karatekid552 View Post
        Yes there is. He wants to know HOW to change them, which you can't do in NSE.

Awipe1: You need to use a hex editor.

The person ID in A-map controls this. If the flag is set, the person will be hidden. If the flag is unset, the person will be visible. So, you just need to work backwards. Set the flag before hand, then clear it later.
        Thanks karate for clearing that up I figured out how to change the sprites OAM data. So I have been spending a little while measing around with that for a bit but I don't get how it works. I will change abras to 12 01 00 00 and dragonites to 12 02 00 00 and I would still have the same issue.

I would change abras to 12 01 00 00 and dragonites to 13 01 00 00 and then dragonite would change to the color pink.

I would change abras to 12 01 00 00 and dragonites to 20 01 00 00 and both those sprites would be fine but the moment the player walks in, his palette gets all messed up.

Is there a thread explain what this OAM value actually does? Cause it doesnt make sence to me.
        Old October 20th, 2013 (1:18 PM).
        (>^.(>0.0)>
        • Crystal Tier

Nature: Careful
        I've inserted a new map for a building interior, and have a warp leading to it. I've done everything properly afaik (exactly the same as the other stock buildings) but the screen goes black and freezes when I enter it. The same warp leading to a stock map doesn't do this. Anyone know why? (I have a feeling this is a super basic question, but I can't find any other posts on it.)
        Old October 20th, 2013 (2:15 PM).

I have one more question(For Now) I've cleared everything from my rom with a patch, and then expanded my rom to 32 Mb. What is the offset that I start on to start adding scripts and such? (Since I expanded my rom, I would like to know the offset the expanded part starts on) I hope I don't sound too stupid/noobish. Correct me if you know what I'm talking about, but I'm not saying it right.. I really need help on this.. Is it possible? Thanks!
          Old October 20th, 2013 (2:20 PM).

Quote:
            Originally Posted by iZackefx View Post
            I have one more question(For Now) I've cleared everything from my rom with a patch, and then expanded my rom to 32 Mb. What is the offset that I start on to start adding scripts and such? (Since I expanded my rom, I would like to know the offset the expanded part starts on) I hope I don't sound too stupid/noobish. Correct me if you know what I'm talking about, but I'm not saying it right.. I really need help on this.. Is it possible? Thanks!
            Use Free Space Finder (FSF)...

I believe in Jesus Christ my Savior. If you do too, and aren't scared to admit it, then copy and paste this in your signature.
            92% of teens moved onto rap. If you are part of the 8% who listens to real music, copy and paste this into your signature.
            Old October 20th, 2013 (2:34 PM).

I knew that it was simple. One more stupid question, do I start from the beginning of the rom? Or what offset do I start off with..? Is it 800000?
              Old October 20th, 2013 (2:42 PM). Edited October 20th, 2013 by karatekid552.

Quote:
                Originally Posted by iZackefx View Post
                I knew that it was simple. One more stupid question, do I start from the beginning of the rom? Or what offset do I start off with..? Is it 800000?
                The original 16mb are in the 800000s, but the second 16mb are in the 900000s.

Quote:
                Thanks karate for clearing that up I figured out how to change the sprites OAM data. So I have been spending a little while measing around with that for a bit but I don't get how it works. I will change abras to 12 01 00 00 and dragonites to 12 02 00 00 and I would still have the same issue.

I would change abras to 12 01 00 00 and dragonites to 13 01 00 00 and then dragonite would change to the color pink.

I would change abras to 12 01 00 00 and dragonites to 20 01 00 00 and both those sprites would be fine but the moment the player walks in, his palette gets all messed up.

Is there a thread explain what this OAM value actually does? Cause it doesnt make sence to me.
                All we care about is the first byte. That byte controls the palette slot. Open up VBA, then go Tools->Palette Viewer and look at the obj palettes. 0 is the first one on top.

Now, back to the byte. I'll make it a generic: XY

The first half: X, does absolutely nothing that I can find. Every routine that I have seen use this byte simply throws it away by ANDing the byte with 0xF.

The second half: Y, IS the palette slot.

In your last scenario, the conflict with the player is because the player uses slot 0.

Quote:
                Originally Posted by QuilavaKing View Post
                I've inserted a new map for a building interior, and have a warp leading to it. I've done everything properly afaik (exactly the same as the other stock buildings) but the screen goes black and freezes when I enter it. The same warp leading to a stock map doesn't do this. Anyone know why? (I have a feeling this is a super basic question, but I can't find any other posts on it.)
                Simple answer: corruption.

Just insert the map into a new bank and slot and it should work fine. That is what I always do and it tends to work most of the time.

Paired with Simba
                Old October 20th, 2013 (3:03 PM).

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by karatekid552 View Post
                  All we care about is the first byte. That byte controls the palette slot. Open up VBA, then go Tools->Palette Viewer and look at the obj palettes. 0 is the first one on top.

Now, back to the byte. I'll make it a generic: XY

The first half: X, does absolutely nothing that I can find. Every routine that I have seen use this byte simply throws it away by ANDing the byte with 0xF.

The second half: Y, IS the palette slot.

In your last scenario, the conflict with the player is because the player uses slot 0.
                  OH OKAY THANKS A LOT THAT MAKES A LOT MORE SENSE!

However ... does that mean I only have 16 options? But 2 are going to be used for my 2 hero's (male a female) so does that mean I can only have 14 different colored sprites on at a time? That really sucks!
                  Old October 20th, 2013 (3:24 PM).
                  Asks many questions!

Nature: Relaxed
                    How can i edit the intro ASM routine is there a tutorial can anybody tell me how to do it?!

My hack
                    Old October 20th, 2013 (3:28 PM). Edited October 20th, 2013 by karatekid552.

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Rezordaxx View Post
                      How can i edit the intro ASM routine is there a tutorial can anybody tell me how to do it?!
                      Only shinyquagsire has done it, and he wrote down most of everything. It is an extremely advanced concept, as even I don't understand it completely.

Quote:
                      OH OKAY THANKS A LOT THAT MAKES A LOT MORE SENSE!

However ... does that mean I only have 16 options? But 2 are going to be used for my 2 hero's (male a female) so does that mean I can only have 14 different colored sprites on at a time? That really sucks!
                      Actually, you have less. For some reason, I could only get 0-A to work when I was doing this.

This is the MAIN reason that GF had so few OW palettes to begin with. If you made your hero and heroine share the same palette you can free up one slot. Sharing palettes is the best way to go. Also, you can only have 16 NPCs on screen at once, if I remember correctly, because of a limitation in the way the NPCs are stored in the RAM. So, you were already limited already.

Paired with Simba
                      Old October 20th, 2013 (5:10 PM).
                      Grudgebearer

Nature: Naughty
                        Does anyone know the offset of the original script that gives 1 Premier Ball after buying 10 Poké Balls in FireRed?
                        (Apparently, JPAN's hacked engine erases it.)

Thanks
                        Old October 20th, 2013 (5:36 PM). Edited October 20th, 2013 by karatekid552.

Quote:
                          Originally Posted by Kurapika View Post
                          Does anyone know the offset of the original script that gives 1 Premier Ball after buying 10 Poké Balls in FireRed?
                          (Apparently, JPAN's hacked engine erases it.)

Thanks
                          I'm looking at the mart script right now, and it isn't in there. Let me keep looking. I think it make be an excess script that is called by the mart command separately.

edit: Apparently, it doesn't exist at all. I just bought 99 pokeballs on my clean FR rom and I didn't get a premier ball, however I did get one when I tried it on Ruby. The string of text used in Ruby also doesn't exist in FR.

Paired with Simba
                          Old October 20th, 2013 (6:40 PM).
                          Pokémon Fuchsia
                          • Silver Tier

Nature: Modest
                          Does anyone know how to change the town map in fire red, not the actual maps, the region maps that you see at pkmn centers and on the town maps? I have been eager to learn how ever since I started hacking. An example of what I am talking about is the Pokemon shiny gold map, liquid crystal map, flora sky map, etc. Those maps all have the same style and I need to know how to do that. A guide or tut would be great.

Thanks, PokéMew
                          Old October 20th, 2013 (9:00 PM).

Anyone know where to change the palette of the hero's backsprites?

I go to NSE and I go to bookmarks and then I go to the backsprites. I can't change the palette the same why you normally would (because it is grayed out). I checked out the sprite pointer but I can't change the palette there (not that I know of) because I need the sprites offset.

So does anyone know where I can change the palette?
                            Old October 21st, 2013 (2:17 AM).
                            Banned

Hello,
                              appearantly NSE provides a WRONG palette. (35B968, is the 1'th OW-palette)
                              The correct palette is located at: E76EE4 (just researched for you in 1 minute and 15 seconds.)
                              You can simply change the palette with "APE", the Advance Palette Editor.
                              Just enter E76EE4 and change the palette as you wish. (DO NOT ENTER 35B968, AS YOU **** UP THE HIRO OW THEN)
                              Old October 21st, 2013 (4:56 AM).

Quote:
                                Originally Posted by ep!c View Post
                                Hello,
                                appearantly NSE provides a WRONG palette. (35B968, is the 1'th OW-palette)
                                The correct palette is located at: E76EE4 (just researched for you in 1 minute and 15 seconds.)
                                You can simply change the palette with "APE", the Advance Palette Editor.
                                Just enter E76EE4 and change the palette as you wish. (DO NOT ENTER 35B968, AS YOU **** UP THE HIRO OW THEN)
                                Oh okay thanks!

But is palette E76EE4 exclusive to the backsrptie? Or If I change E76EE4 will it also change the palette of other things?
                                Old October 21st, 2013 (5:20 AM). Edited October 21st, 2013 by Agro.

Are there any known alternatives to VGMTrans and VGMToolbox for ripping NDS samples and making them into DLS files? Neither of them seem to be able to open the ROMs I want them to. I've tried using ndssndext, which does rip the samples, but doesn't preserve them in a soundbank or tell me the looping points. Any ideas?

Edit: Never mind! Found a new version which works! Yaaaaaay!
                                  Old October 21st, 2013 (6:06 AM).

Nature: Quiet
                                    What's the script for Elite Four? 'coz i want to add new membrmers of the elite :D
                                    So if you want to battle? There's NO WAY i'm gonna lose !

So, give me what you got!

Like my page on Facebook : LINK
                                    Old October 21st, 2013 (6:17 AM).
                                    Banned

Quote:
                                      Oh okay thanks!

But is palette E76EE4 exclusive to the backsrptie? Or If I change E76EE4 will it also change the palette of other things?
                                      This palette is exclusive for the backsprite. Don't worry
                                      Old October 21st, 2013 (8:30 AM).

Location: Do you really want to know? Really?
                                        Quote:
                                        Originally Posted by akihiko123 View Post
                                        What's the script for Elite Four? 'coz i want to add new membrmers of the elite :D
                                        Just go to their maps in A-Map. It's pretty simple.

Paired with Simba
                                        Old October 21st, 2013 (11:01 AM).
                                        Divider of Zero

Nature: Relaxed
                                          How do I create a table in HxD? Still fairly new to hex editing and not sure how a table looks in a hex editor.
                                          Old October 21st, 2013 (11:09 AM).
                                          Banned

Depending on what you want to hack, the table looks different..
                                            There is no main style how table are built.
                                            Closed Thread

Quick Reply