• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Psychic or Extrasensory?

Which should I teach?

• Psychic

Votes: 14 63.6%
  • Extrasensory

Votes: 8 36.4%

• Total voters

ToraSushii

I see...food!
    Years
    Which of these moves should I teach my Azelf?
    Psychic has 90 ATT, and lowers Sp. DEF, but Extrasensory has 80 ATT, but has more PP.

Which should I teach it?

Toothache

Deepsea Toothache
    Years
    Better off using Psychic. More damage = more change of KOing something. (and there's always PP Ups for the PP).

BTW, this should really be in Strategies and Movesets.

Toothache

Deepsea Toothache
    Years
    Na. Flinch isn't that great, even if you have Serene Grace or something. It depends more on whether you want Azelf to be a physical, special or mixed sweeper. Azelf is faster than a lot of things, so flinching can work, just don't expect to rely on it.

Gunn

horror resident
    Years
    Psychic.

My Chimecho had Extrasensory for a while, but then I grew tired of it and upgraded it to Psychic: stronger and has chances of lowering the target's Sp. Def which makes it cause more damage.

fearow23

You know, that guy on T.V.
    Years
    For Azelf definetly Psychic, but I use Extrasensory on tanks like Brongzong because it's decent and can easily stand up against Pressure opponents.

Shining Salamence

Master of all things cool
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2011
    30 PP > 10 PP.

Extrasensory isn't that much of a difference in power. I'd go with that.

Smarties-chan

Should've had that name change
    Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    30 PP > 10 PP.

Extrasensory isn't that much of a difference in power. I'd go with that.
    But even that little power difference can make the difference between and OHKO and a 2-hit KO or a 2-hit KO and a 3-hit KO. In-game Extrasensory is better because you sometimes have to use a lot of PP before you can get your Pokémon restored, but in competitive battling, Extrasensory fails.

Shining Salamence

Master of all things cool
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2011
    But even that little power difference can make the difference between and OHKO and a 2-hit KO or a 2-hit KO and a 3-hit KO. In-game Extrasensory is better because you sometimes have to use a lot of PP before you can get your Pokémon restored, but in competitive battling, Extrasensory fails.

Mehh, "Fails" is such a harsh word...

Besides, Crunch, one of the best dark moves in the game, has 80 b.atk just like extrasensory.

And I done likes myself some flinchin'...

Smarties-chan

Should've had that name change
    Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    Mehh, "Fails" is such a harsh word...

Besides, Crunch, one of the best dark moves in the game, has 80 b.atk just like extrasensory.

And I done likes myself some flinchin'...
    Yes, Crunch is the best physical Dark type move, but that's beside the point because there is no 90 base power, 100 accuracy physical Dark type move. (or even a 90 base power one to begin with) And relying on flinching without paralysis support isn't really that sexy imo, and Azelf can't really afford taking hits so a higher chance of OHKOing > occasional flinching.

Back