• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

♫Dynamite♫

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
Years

• ♫Dynamite♫

'Cause we gon' rock this club
    We gon' go all night
    We gon' light it up
    Like it's dynamite
    Cause I told you once
    Now I told you twice
    We gon' light it up
    Like it's dynamite

About

So I decided to buy a new camera back in March since my Old one of 5 years or so decided to start malfunction on me. Photography is a plain hobby of mine. I plainly take photography just for the fun of it. I'm never really that serious with it. Though I'm already thinking of doing Photography as one of my subjects for my second to last year of school.
    I don't really have a style or preference to what I take. I just love taking the photos

Anyway here is my Gallery. On that note I haven't edited them in anyway or such. Most of the photos you'll see here are from where I live or when I go on holiday but still the same country. If you didn't know I live in New Zealand. Also if you want to know my camera is a Canon PowerShot A480

Places Here and There

Spoiler:

School Athletics day: One of the first photos I took. The field at the park my school always rents for our athletics day
    Spoiler:

Sunrise @ 7: This was taken from my classroom window and yes at 7 in the Morning
    Spoiler:

Light: Taken at the same time and place as Sunrise @ 7
    Spoiler:

Kiwipoint Quarry: My Geography class had a Field trip to the Local Quarry. Weird thing was that this photo looked exactly like a photo that was previously given to as in class. Only difference was the sun was at a different direction when I took it
    Spoiler:

Street: I was on my way to a running event and well... I had my camera with me
    Spoiler:

Civic Square Ball: This Ball is famous where I live. It lies high in the sky in the centre of Civic Square
    Spoiler:

Civic Square Ball Long Shot: A better view of where the Civic square Ball is
    Spoiler:

Frank Kitts Park Lake: This is small lake which leads to the ocean located near Frank Kitts Park, Wellington
    Spoiler:

The BoatShed: Another view of Frank Kitts Park Lake but it also shows the boat shed which is used to store the boats used for Rowing. My school has a rowing Team store there boats there
    Spoiler:

Porch View: When I went to Rotorua in the Holidays the hotel I stayed had a great view....of trees
    Spoiler:

Distinction:Another view of the Hotel I stayed at. The Hotel was called Distinction Rotorua
    Spoiler:

Twin Rocks - New Plymouth: Well my knowledge is failing me at the moment and I can't remember what these rocks were called. But this was still on my vacation
    Spoiler:

Sunset Rocks: You can see the Twin Rocks here but this is more focused on the Sunset
    Spoiler:

Clock Tower: Still on vacation in New Plymouth, Clock Tower which is located somewhere in New Plymouth
    Spoiler:

Typical New Zealand Beach: My parents and I chilled on a beach at New Plymouth - Great day it was too
    Spoiler:

Typical New Zealand Beach: I think this was taken on my video camera so not as great quality
    Spoiler:

Mt Taranaki/ Mt Egmont A Mountain/Volcano located close to New Plymouth

Random Objects

Spoiler:

Goggles: For every Facebook Photo Album I have I have a closeup of an object from that event/day. This was the front cover of my Album from Swimming Sports at my school
    Spoiler:

Words on the Wall: These were a bunch of quotes in my class on the wall (My homeroom is an English Classroom) I used this photo for a powerpoint for another class
    Spoiler:

Keys on the Board: I actually don't know why I took this but I liked it XD
    Spoiler:

Music's in My Soul: Another Picture I had to use for a powerpoint. Taken from one of my piano pieces

I throw my hands up in the air sometimes
    Saying AYO
    Gotta let go
    I wanna celebrate and live my life
    Saying AYO
    Baby, let's go

Till Next time!

Daydream

[b]Boo.[/b]
    Years
  • It's kind of hard to criticise your photography, as it all looks really nice in my opinion. And I'm just a hobbyist photographer too so I probably can't comment on technical aspects. I will tell you why I like certain picture over others though.

Sunrise @ 7: This is just pretty. I love the way the light seems to only just touch everything. If that makes sense. Plus you picked a really great view.

The BoatShed:I love the scene of this one. And I like the lamp in foreground. How you kind of don't notice it because your looking at the rest of the photo is cool (this may just be me here).

Twin Rocks - New Plymouth: 'Nother spectacular scene, and I like how you have the plants silhouetted in the foreground.

I dunno if any of what I've said has been helpful or not but yeah, those are my favourite pictures and why I like them. And I'd just like to add that I'm insanely jealous of some of the places you've been to. xD

Silver

Kyle
    Years
  • I can't tell if that Canon has a manual mode, but even if it does, you could definitely benefit from switching to a DSLR with a nice set of glass. You've got an eye for composure has potential but a fair lot of your photo's lack movement/flow of the eye and like cycle said atmosphere (mood) and depth. Your technical aspects are limited by the camera (and its lens) that you're using.

Hope this helps a bit. =)

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
  • Thanks guys!

@Trash and Silver
    Thanks I'm trying my best to improve as much I can.

This is my current camera:
    ♫Dynamite♫

So I'm slightly limited. But since my parents know that I will be taking photography next year they are willing to get me a decent camera. Atmosphere, Flow and depth seems to haunt me doesn't Trash XD both Graphics and Photgraphy. But yea I'll see if I can work on that!

Silver

Kyle
    Years
  • Thanks guys!

@Trash and Silver
    Thanks I'm trying my best to improve as much I can.

This is my current camera:
    ♫Dynamite♫

So I'm slightly limited. But since my parents know that I will be taking photography next year they are willing to get me a decent camera. Atmosphere, Flow and depth seems to haunt me doesn't Trash XD both Graphics and Photgraphy. But yea I'll see if I can work on that!

Well if your parents are willing to get you a decent camera, in staying with Canon check out their EOS Digital Rebel Series, it's the entry level DSLR of Canon's and they're quite good, in fact the newer ones have a higher MP than my current EOS 10D, if you get one of those don't go for the kit lens, instead look for a good deal on a better lens. A 50mm - 200mm is a good basic lens otherwise a classic 50mm is always good.

Back