• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1UpedAngel's Sprite Thread :P

1UpedAngel

Some guy who's there
    Years
    Hi, I'm a 1UpedAngel and I've randomly decided to take sprite request from people I probably don't know. How fun. :D Anyway, these are some works I've done:

4th/5th Gen Sprites:
    1UpedAngel's Sprite Thread  :P

3rd Gen Style: (What's with all the girls I don't even)

Fakemon:

So, if you have a sprite request for me, I'm glad to take it. Wait, that sounds dirty. I'll be glad to do it! No, that's bad too.........

Oh, you know what I mean.

Last edited:

Truality

Left for good
    Years
    • Seen May 17, 2013
    You're alright. Of course there's need room for improvement but your try is worthwhile.

Leaving the trainer sprites aside, due to the fact that they're just existing sprites with minor edits, we'll go straight to the fakemon or...maybe not.

This sprite, for one, has a very tinting palette choice on the shirt. While it's not bad in this choice, you could use a less vivid type of color. For example, soft cyan or indigo would go well with grey, for example. Learning color matches isn't just a hint of fashion; it's also training for your eye when it comes to designing.

Now, onto the fakemon:

First and foremost, the body shading needs work. All three of them are a bit boring to look at, not because they really are, but because a great part of their body is, well, just a clean body with no decoration or intense shading highlighting something.
    -
    Then we have the outlines. Darker outlines give depth to your sprite, and they are often used in side of lightsource, as well. On the other side, lighter outlines in the opposite part mostly exist to indicate something flashing, else you'd probably watch for dark outlines only.
    -
    Finally, the pose. The left one seems too 2-D (due to it leaning too much to the west), the middle one has a very stiff stance (it looks more like a formal greeting than a battle stance to me), but the last one's good.

My advice would be to start by altering existing pokemon and adding bits and bytes (like what you did with the trainer sprites), and that way you become familiar with the official style of sprites. Their proportions seem to be okay, though.

All in all, I hope you improve as time goes by. Hope to see more from you soon!

Back