• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

#31 - Fruit [Voting]

Your Winner?

• Fuyuhiko

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Kaori

Votes: 7 41.2%
  • xxkaylabby

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Chérii

Votes: 6 35.3%
  • InfernoRogue

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Fuyuhiko

#31 - Fruit [Voting]

Stock

Kaori

#31 - Fruit [Voting]

Stock

xxkaylabby
    #31 - Fruit [Voting]

stock

Chérii
    #31 - Fruit [Voting]

Stock

InfernoRouge

#31 - Fruit [Voting]

Stock

moments.

quixotic
    Years
  • This week was out of Cherii and Kayla for me, the others just didn't have vibrant enough colours, especially given the theme of this week. Fruits are bright, icons are bright, VIBRANCY AND COLOURS AND SATURATION OVERKILL IS GOOD!
    Anyway, the detail and fact that the colour filled the space and was nice and crisp was really what decided Cherii's over kayla in the end.

I agree and disagree with moments. First I do agree that saturating a fruit tag seems like a natural path to take in a IoTW contest, and considering the kind of icons I see floating around G&P I also suggest people take advantage of it. Despite this however, there is such thing as over saturation and over contrast in art. In some cases It is great looking (Warhal pieces, other pop art things, etc.) but in a 100x100 canvas it just might look like super colored grainy fruit.

Having said that, despite the lack of over saturation in her icon, I like Kaori's best.

This is for a few reasons. One, the stock is just playin cute. Two, she desaturated and saturated in specific places tastefully and not because she knew most people like super saturated icons. Though I would have personally made the baby's eyes less scary blue looking I still like Kaori's the best. Nuff said.

So thats me.

-CT

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Strongly going with Kaori's here, the others seem over saturated and brightened too much. This theme was based on colour seeing as in it would be fruit but in saying that, dragging colour out and emphasizing it is a very dead icon style. I might have went with Chérri's if the style was still in but at that, it does look over sharpened. But eh, I'm very much into the icon trend and I just know that the style most of you went with is so 6 months ago (lol), Kaori's was more on point and didn't do the obvious.

Kaori GMV.

Moral of my story is

moments. said:
    VIBRANCY AND COLOURS AND SATURATION OVERKILL IS GOOD

Not so much any more. That's the obvious thing to do and very much the old way of going about iconage, there's far better techniques now ;]

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back