• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Let's take a look at the buddy system!

Z25

Team Player
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 27, 2023
Nice! It be nice if I actually had the update :(

It's still not available for IOS users which is pretty dumb. They should release same day as Android.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 18, 2016
Nice! It be nice if I actually had the update :(

It's still not available for IOS users which is pretty dumb. They should release same day as Android.

Android and don't have it either. Not everyone on Android has it.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Feb 25, 2018
I'm Android also and I don't yet have the update. I thought the Pokemon buddy would be walking alongside you on the map. It's just in a little circle next to the avatar on the lower left in the video. To me that's pretty disappointing.

Kurosaki

(「・ω・)「
Years
Yep, I just checked and my iStore doesn't have the update either, and I know I don't already have it because I haven't played GO in a number of days. Kiiinda hoping it rolls out soon, because we have nice weather here right now and I wanted to try it out. ;;;

Years
  • Age 46
  • Seen Sep 13, 2016
For Android, you can install the APK instead of waiting for the update.

Years
Any iPhone players, I'm not sure if you need to update your phone software to get the update but I just did and I now have my Charmander as my buddy :D

Z25

Team Player
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 27, 2023
Looks like it's out on IOS now. Just got my nidorina as my buddy! Nidoqueen here I come! Only two more candies!

Years
So what I'd really like to see is a list of which Pokemon can go on your shoulder, because that's the sweetest.

I've tried a couple to see and so far Eevee, Pidgey, Caterpie and Weedle can. I'm not sure if it's true but I was told Pikachu will go on your shoulder once you've walked a certain distance with him.

Back