• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

GO Fest Tickets Sold Out, Rewards Promised for Non-Participants

SirBoglor

[b][I][FONT=Satisfy]It's over, isn't it?[/FONT][/I
Years
After less than an hour, tickets for the Pok?mon GO Fest event in Chicago are sold out. Fortunately, Niantic has promised all players rewards during the event!

What do you think the global rewards will be? Did you manage to buy tickets in time, if you were interested?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
I really hope the reward for going to the event isn't the gen 1 and 2legendaries.

For one who wants to be given a legendary? I'd rather find them roaming in the wild.

Secondly, who makes it so you have to buy them, I thought Pokemon Go was supposed to be a free ap, but apparently only if you don't want the legendaries.

Years
  • Age 40
  • Seen Oct 5, 2017
It seems rather obvious that the legendarys will be available in the new raid encounters at the new gyms.

http://pokemongolive.com/en/post/raids one of the pictures shows what is apparently a raid boss, a tyranitar with somewhat changed CP. 25346 to be precise. If the raid of 20 people manages to defeat it within a small time window of just 5 minutes, individual people can try to catch it.... I guess in this version it would be a tyranitar with more normal CP.

That seems like a good way to introduce legendarys. Those weird eggs with a long countdown timer randomly spawn above gyms, a raid starts when the timer goes to zero. I guess initially we will fight overly overpowered versions of Relaxo or Tyranitar or Dragonite, but it seems like a fitting method to add in the legendarys.

I think it will be like incubators work today, you can get everything, but it is faster when you spend some money. One raid ticket per day for free, but you can buy additional ones in the shop if one per day is not enough for you.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
Only problem is apparently you to partake in gyms to get them? I don't do gyms. Oh well

Back