• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News: Play! Pokémon Program Announces new VGC Format for 2018!

Zeffy

g'day
Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    Er, perhaps the article could have added more information on what makes VGC 2018's regulations "new," especially for readers who aren't aware of VGC regulations such as myself. Which actually brings me to ask: what exactly changed?

edit: to clarify, i know there's a link to the rules and resources page, and that there's a summary of the new regulations, but perhaps there could be a short discussion of how the changes differed from previous VGC regulations

Last edited:

HeroLinik

To this day, he still can't beat Air Man...
    Years
  • So basically it's now just Battle Spot Doubles, or VGC15 - Alola Edition? Looks like Lando-T/Tapus/Mega Kangaskhan/UBs/Aegislash will be on every team now. Also, the announcement alone has now all but confirmed the National Pokedex will be returning to USUM, combined with the strategy guide having that in it as well, and considering this, a legendary dump is also really likely as well.

Back