• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen New online & mobile-friendly Generation II Pokédex

Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2023
    I recently started playing Crystal again and I was frustrated that I couldn't find any phone app or website that could act as a Gen II Pokédex to look up move and Pokémon information that wasn't shown in-game. (All of the things I could find seemed focused on recent generations.) So I made one myself!

Here are some screencaps taken on my Android phone:

Last edited by a moderator:

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I just wanted to say that this is amazing! It has been shared on our Twitter and we will definitely promote it again on social media at Crystal release! For now I've featured this thread to make it stand out a bit more but at Crystal release this will definitely be stickied for everyone to see!

Amazing work and welcome back to PC, haha. I'm always on my mobile so I'll be using it. Thanks for sharing with us!

I recently started playing Crystal again and I was frustrated that I couldn't find any phone app or website that could act as a Gen II Pokédex to look up move and Pokémon information that wasn't shown in-game. (All of the things I could find seemed focused on recent generations.) So I made one myself!

Here are some screencaps taken on my Android phone:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2023
    I just wanted to say that this is amazing! It has been shared on our Twitter and we will definitely promote it again on social media at Crystal release! For now I've featured this thread to make it stand out a bit more but at Crystal release this will definitely be stickied for everyone to see!

Amazing work and welcome back to PC, haha. I'm always on my mobile so I'll be using it. Thanks for sharing with us!

That's really awesome, thank you!!

Last edited:
    Years
  • In my phone the pokemon list doesn't appear. Is everybody else using it without problem? Mine is an iPhone 4.

But anyway I can use it in my PC. This is an amazing tool!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2023
    In my phone the pokemon list doesn't appear. Is everybody else using it without problem? Mine is an iPhone 4.

But anyway I can use it in my PC. This is an amazing tool!

Hi Leo, I'm glad it's helpful!

Unfortunately I don't have any way to test on an iPhone 4 to figure out exactly what the problem might be... I would suggest trying different browser apps on your phone, or updating the one you use normally. I used some features that might not be supported on older devices or browsers to get everything looking just right.

Years
  • Hi Leo, I'm glad it's helpful!

Unfortunately I don't have any way to test on an iPhone 4 to figure out exactly what the problem might be... I would suggest trying different browser apps on your phone, or updating the one you use normally. I used some features that might not be supported on older devices or browsers to get everything looking just right.
    I'll try it. But anyway I can use it in my PC, so it's not a problem.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Hi Leo, I'm glad it's helpful!

Hey! We now have a Facebook post up on this for you as well as the Daily article! Once again, great job and I will definitely keep this cool little dex mentioned at least somewhere in Second Gen's stickies.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2023
    Hey! We now have a Facebook post up on this for you as well as the Daily article! Once again, great job and I will definitely keep this cool little dex mentioned at least somewhere in Second Gen's stickies.

That sounds awesome, thanks!

Back