• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

A Team in Need of Feeback

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Jan 8, 2010
    This is my first competitive team, so any feedback is gladly appreciated (even affectionate nicknames :3). I don't have items decided for all of my pokemon, so any tips would be loved. I like the pokemon I have as of now, so don't suggest that I change one of them unless you see a huge weakness in my team.

Jolteon
    Volt Absorb
    Annoyer/Lead
    -Thunder Wave
    -Thunderbolt
    -Signal Beam
    -Magnet Rise

This moveset makes Jolteon a wonderful annoyer and decent lead. Magnet Rise along with Jolteon's speed makes sure that he isn't destroyed by earthquake if, for whatever reason, I don't see the worth in switching out to something that can trump an earthquake user. Signal Beam is pretty much only there for its chance of confusion, but it also provides decent type coverage. Thanks to Jolteon's speed, he should be able to get in a couple attacks or even a Thunder Wave in before being KO'ed.

Scyther@Fist Plate (?)
    Technician
    Physical Sweeper
    -Swords Dance
    -X-Scissor
    -Aerial Ace
    -Brick Break

This moveset provides wonderful coverage for Scyther. After only one Swords Dance, he should be able to start dealing out big damage. In between all of his moves and the technician boost that Aerial Ace gets, he turns out to be a nice sweeper. Brick Break's power is boosted by the Fist Plate, and its barrier destruction is a nice bonus.

Arcanine@Heat Rock/Dragon Fang/Miracle Seed
    Intimidate
    Special Sweeper
    -Sunny Day
    -Solar Beam
    -Flamethrower
    -Dragon Pulse

Though, technically, this isn't a sweeper moveset, as it doesn't raise is special attack, only his fire move's power, Arcanine is still a major threat to many pokemon, especially Physical Sweepers thanks to Intimidate. A decent way to use this moveset would have to be to switch him in on a grass type, use sunny day, and then Solar Beam the rock, water, etc. that the opponent switches out to. An advantage to this strategy as opposed to just using Solar Beam immediately is that the opponent would be more likely to switch out their new type to something resistant to grass than they would if I had the possibility of preparing for a flamethrower sweep. Dragon Pulse is there for putting a dent in dragons, in case that wasn't obvious.

Shuckle@Leftovers
    Gluttony (only because I spent days in the battle tower getting enough BP for toxic only to figure out that Sturdy was better for my strategy -broods-)
    Mixed Wall
    -Toxic
    -Rest
    -Encore
    -Rock Slide

Though Shuckle's clueless expression and mild disposition may make him look as if he has no idea what he's doing, I actually have two decent strategies based around this little guy. If I see a pokemon that I don't think I'll be KO'ing any time soon, I can send this rascal out and either use toxic (if the pokemon's not steel or poison) or I can encore 'em. I can then wait for toxic to set it with rest or rock slide if I think it's too early to put my pokemon out of commission for three turns (I don't intend to do any significant damage, only stall, with rock slide). Since Shuckle has higher defenses than most pokemon can even dream of, especially with leftovers, he can survive attacks as he waits for toxic to kick in. Rock Slide is also for emergencies (if Shuckle's my last pokemon and is facing something immune to poison), so that, even though Shuckle has terrible attack, at least I won't be stuck.

Gyarados@Damp Rock
    Intimidate
    Physical Sweeper
    -Rain Dance
    -Dragon Dance
    -Aqua Tail
    -Ice Fang

I've named this particular Gyarados of mine "Dancer" (it's also a female xD) because of her two dancing moves. If Sunny Day is in effect from my Arcanine, or if I'm feeling extra greedy, I can use Rain Dance, and it'll stay in effect for a whole lot of turns with Damp Rock. Then, I can decide whether it'd be best for me to use either one or two Dragon Dances and then I could either use Aqua Tail or Ice Fang. She should be able to leave a gash in the opponent's team before she's KO'ed.

Porygon-Z@Blackglasses (?)
    Adaptability
    Special Sweeper
    -Tri-Attack
    -Nasty Plot
    -Recover (may change)
    -Dark Pulse

Porygon-Z has high special attack AND adaptability, so Tri-Attack is by far its best option for STAB, going from 120 with STAB bonus to a whopping 160. After a Nasty Plot or two, I should be ready to start denting my opponent's team. Dark Pulse is for ghosts and psychics and, since it is boosted with Blackglasses, becomes much better than it was before. Recover is there in case of emergencies, but I don't know if Porygon-Z has high enough defenses to pull it off.

Last edited:

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    coughEV'scough It's not that we don't want to help but this team is in no way competitively viable and unfortunately for you this forum is dedicated to competitive Strategies & Movesets.

Just report it next time.

Hehe, meant to delete this. I have misclick syndrome. But KittyFluff, add EVs, natures, and read this for extra help.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back