• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

actappalled

Arlen

I heart ROBOT
    Years
    EDIT: For those who saw my previous gallery which lasted five seconds, I only just found out that the web host I was using was only a 15 day trial :O! But the god thing for you is now I have resized my photographs and put them on a student friendly host - PHOTOBUCKET.

So welcome to my gallery! I am a very passionate Photography and Literature student and a lot of my photographs are influenced by literature and vice versa. I am currently doing Surrealism as a main theme for Photography, but also beware, the following photographs are from my drafting periods so are not completely touched up works with hours of effort. But they are my main ideas so criticism is highly appreciated!

If you want to look at both new and old photographs, check out this gallery:
    https://actappalled.carbonmade.com/

#1 Harsh Black and White.
    actappalled

Photographs of photographs of photographs of photographs of paintings on easels = inception.

#2 Main idea before edit in #1.
    actappalled

Again, this was an idea, if I do this in my final piece I will definitely take more care with resolution and also the painting and print size process.

#3 Spray painted leaves.
    actappalled

Nature wasn't made to be spray painted, but it serves for a nice photograph.

#4 Darkness + Purple.
    actappalled

This photograph came out with a more gloomy and surreal effect, exactly what I was going for.

#5 Darkness + Purple + Apples.
    actappalled

The apple tree wasn't mine, but fortunately the apples will fall of before the true owner returns from England. Happiness!

#6 The Zombie of Frankenstein's Monster.
    actappalled

I love this photograph, I used several different paints on the hand in order to create a more zombie like effect.
    Whether you believe this is a fake, or that the monster is back is entirely up to you.

#7 Alteration Numero Jedan.
    actappalled

Simple gradient map, though this hand only had one layer and colour of paint.

#8 Alteration Numero Dva.
    actappalled

Same as above.

#9 Is that a face? Wide Image
    Spoiler:

While it was a simple painting on a fence, it for some reason had a nice effect; which was helped by the fact I cropped it to make it a wide image.

Last edited:
    Years
    Woops, I meant to reply to your first post some time ago; forgive me.

First Picture
    I like this picture. It is a little different from what I normally see on PC. Don't think I can say anything to improve it.

Second Picture
    Hum... I actually don't like this one. Haha. How strange, but I think the version above gives it a better feeling, mainly because I HATE the colour of the bricks in this picture.

Third Picture
    Interesting picture and nice execution, only things I would say is try and angle the flash away from the plant, because you get a glare on the leafs that I think ruin it.

Fourth Picture
    I don't know why, but I am not a fan of this picture. I think it is just a little too strange and the leafs close up and our of focus make it a bit weird.

Fifth Picture
    Would be nice if it didn't have the flash glare in the center.

Sixth Picture
    Nice lighting on the picture, it does give it a spooky theme and feel which I think you were going for.

Seventh Picture
    Like the lighting.

Eighth Picture
    Think it needs colour like the previous.

Ninth Picture
    A little boring if I am honest for my liking. You could have done something interesting without the wide lens.

Tenth Picture
    Love it. I really do. I think the exposure is spot on, causing the white sky. The little lens flare fits, to me anyway. Excellent! Well done.

Eleventh Picture
    Interesting concept, but you pulled it off nicely.

Twelfth Picture
    Interesting bleeding of the lighting.

Thirteenth Picture
    A little too dark for my liking. Not enough going on, but I can see what you are trying to do.

Fourteenth Picture
    Way way way way way way too hard for my liking. I don't even know what it is.

There are some very nice pictures in here and I can see you know what you are doing, but you just need to get those perfect pictures and take your time. Might be wrong, but I get a feeling from some of these pictures of a "that'll do" vibe! :/

Take time out when you take these pictures to make sure your settings are perfect.​

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    Rather than critiquing, as I think Fabio did a good job. I recommend doing some pinhole photography, it would really suit your style, try it in a derelict or run down building or area, work with those dark, high contrasted settings and or black and white. But really work on your composition and clarity in your photos. You have a nice slate here, and I think you could really improve if you thought more about the outcome of the photo before taking it. I really like 4, 5, 6 and 10. Those are fantastic, but, edited, the last one at least, and if it's not, I really wonder how you got those colours.

Arlen

I heart ROBOT
    Years
    Woops, I meant to reply to your first post some time ago; forgive me.

First Picture
    I like this picture. It is a little different from what I normally see on PC. Don't think I can say anything to improve it.

Second Picture
    Hum... I actually don't like this one. Haha. How strange, but I think the version above gives it a better feeling, mainly because I HATE the colour of the bricks in this picture.

Yea that's the reason I edited it, they look ugly. But it was still just a drafting progress for my final piece later in the year.

Third Picture
    Interesting picture and nice execution, only things I would say is try and angle the flash away from the plant, because you get a glare on the leafs that I think ruin it.

The glare ruins it? I wanted glare xD

Fourth Picture
    I don't know why, but I am not a fan of this picture. I think it is just a little too strange and the leafs close up and our of focus make it a bit weird.

It's supposed to be a surrealism photograph, which is why I had the really shallow depth of field. It's supposed to look dreamlike but I understand where you're coming from.

Fifth Picture
    Would be nice if it didn't have the flash glare in the center.

Sixth Picture
    Nice lighting on the picture, it does give it a spooky theme and feel which I think you were going for.

Seventh Picture
    Like the lighting.

Eighth Picture
    Think it needs colour like the previous.

Ninth Picture
    A little boring if I am honest for my liking. You could have done something interesting without the wide lens.

Didn't use a wide lens :P Just cropped it.

Tenth Picture
    Love it. I really do. I think the exposure is spot on, causing the white sky. The little lens flare fits, to me anyway. Excellent! Well done.

Thank you! This is one of my personal favourites as well :D
    There were more colour alterations but I think this one was best.

Eleventh Picture
    Interesting concept, but you pulled it off nicely.

This one is weird to be honest :P I took a photo of the chair at night and I didn't like how it had no effect. So I turned flash off and went to a small light and ground and moved the camera while the shutter was open. I then pasted that image over the top of the chair and added Vivid Light in PS.

Twelfth Picture
    Interesting bleeding of the lighting.

Thirteenth Picture
    A little too dark for my liking. Not enough going on, but I can see what you are trying to do.

I was influenced by Samantha Everton and Bill Henson so I purposely darkened the photo and strengthened the light and blue.

Fourteenth Picture
    Way way way way way way too hard for my liking. I don't even know what it is.

It's supposed to be a mummy, but none of the photographs turned out well - this was the best I had unfortunately.

There are some very nice pictures in here and I can see you know what you are doing, but you just need to get those perfect pictures and take your time. Might be wrong, but I get a feeling from some of these pictures of a "that'll do" vibe! :/

Take time out when you take these pictures to make sure your settings are perfect.​

Rather than critiquing, as I think Fabio did a good job. I recommend doing some pinhole photography, it would really suit your style, try it in a derelict or run down building or area, work with those dark, high contrasted settings and or black and white. But really work on your composition and clarity in your photos. You have a nice slate here, and I think you could really improve if you thought more about the outcome of the photo before taking it. I really like 4, 5, 6 and 10. Those are fantastic, but, edited, the last one at least, and if it's not, I really wonder how you got those colours.

They're all edited because I don't have the time and money during my drafting period to make them perfect. Most of them are gradient mapped and brightness/contrasted. And I actually was hoping to get some photography in run down buildings or areas so cudos to you!

Thanks for the critique guys, really appreciate it and I will take it all into account.

Arlen

I heart ROBOT
    Years
    I moved away from Photography for my classes because it was too time consuming, but I might put up some of my photographs that I take here and there. But for the time being I'm more into Graphics and Visual Experimentation as my teacher would call it, so here are some of my new works ;).

#1 https://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g387/BranislavKitanovic/rockets.png

#2 https://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g387/BranislavKitanovic/rockets2.png

#3 https://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g387/BranislavKitanovic/rockets3.png

Back