• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Andinator's Sprite Showcase

Years
    • Seen Apr 1, 2024
    Hey everyone! I haven't made a topic here in a while, but I recently started picking up spriting again, and I figured It be good to practice pkmn style sprites too XP. So here they are:

DPPt Scratches

Reposes

Trainers

VS Sprites.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Your sprites, are good, apart from the fact that the light source doesn't come from the top=left like it should.
    Don't they though? I see how the Electrode evo has some extra highlighting, but that's the only one that looks even a little off and its shadow is still in the predicable place.

These are nice sprites, but personally I think the glow on the octopus head is too much and detracting from the piece as a whole. The legs (arms?) on it are very well done except for some of the inner ones where the outlines look a little sloppy. The outline and shading on the two side-by-side, overlapping feet make it look like you've doubled the thickness of the outline. Really though that's the only complaint I have with your sprites aside from the shading on your custom trainer's pant leg (the V shaped highlight feels off) and the placement of the facial features (too high).

Years
    • Seen Apr 1, 2024
    interesting advice. The glow is supposed to show that Occupus has psychic attributes to its helmet. So if I take it out, I'll need a new idea. any suggestions?

Chesu

Boss Carrot
    Years
  • I think it stands fine on its own, but if you really want the glow you could try replacing the outline with it. Haunter has something similar to that, right?

Years
    • Seen Apr 1, 2024
    alright man I'll listen to your advice. Your tutorial was the one that taught me how to do trainers XP

Back