• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Article: Special Feelings?

Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen May 27, 2011
    Note to all: This is my article. I am a loyal Pokemon Special fan however, I do not own a single volume. I have, however, read bits and pieces of the manga. Thus, I have managed to create this article. If you have any scans that show a hint to both Special and Feelingshipping please, show them to me so that I may add more to this article. Thank you.
    Disclaimer: Pokemon Special or Pokemon Adventures is written by Hidenari Kasuka and illustrated by MATO.

Essay:
    Special Feelings

Of all of the rivals in Pokemon Special, Red and Green are one of the first and famous of all. Rivalry started in the first volume of the manga years ago when Red met Green battling Mew. Soon, the rivals created a bond of rivalry as well as friendship. Two years after Red won the Pokemon League, he mysteriously disappeared leaving clues to his disappearance. Shreds of his battle worn clothing and an injured Pikachu. This is where Yellow, takes her role in manga history. Yellow soon inherits Red?s Pokedex and his Pikachu. However, during this time, Yellow concealed her gender and remained as a male to everyone she met. Soon, Yellow meets Green and trains under his wing. After a few months of training, Yellow sets out again in search of Red. Later, she meets the witty and sassy Blue and learns more about Red. Soon into the story, Yellow finally meets Red. The final volume of the Yellow Chapters concluded with Yellow revealing her gender to her friends. Might there be hidden feelings between Red and Green?

Red?s rivalry with Green might be a personal feud of skill, courage or maybe love?

Though Red and Yellow show hints of affection towards each other towards the manga, it?s not widespread through the Internet world. Green and Yellow in the other hand show minor evidence of affection but the couple is very popular through the Internet world. Before Yellow, Green was paired up with Blue. Red was paired up with Misty, the Cerulean Gym Leader. When Yellow came, Red was broken of from Misty and paired with Yellow. However, this changed once the G/S/C chapters came. Concrete evidence of Blue and Silver appeared through the manga. This shattered the foundation that was built around Green and Blue. This caused an ?empty spot? for Green. Evidently, Gold is usually paired up with Crystal and Blue and Silver. This Left Green, Red and Yellow into an empty spot. The upcoming volumes don?t seem to have any connections with the older chapters since it took place in Hoenn. Logically, Red and Green could fight for Yellow since both are rivals and both trained Yellow under their own methods.

Closing Comments:
    Even though both ships show only faint hints, they still are among one of the famous ships in the Internet world. In fact, there are still Misty and Red pairing out there not to our knowledge. Who knows? My thoughts remain neutral. From now, I?m both Feelingshipper and Specialshipper. For the fans, it's up to them which to choose.

-Abolishing Flames

Note: Please do not reuse this fanarts into your websites. Both are illustrated by dedicated Japanese fans and are being used in their own sites. Thank you. ;)

Kenta

OK! Kanpeki!
    Years
    very good article you wrote.

it explains a lot.

XD! I love the last picture(in your sig)!

And you can guess why :laugh:

Purin

Crazy about Pink Hairdos
    Years
    Abolishing Flames said:
    If you have any scans that show a hint to both Special and Feelingshipping please, show them to me so that I may add more to this article. Thank you.
    *Reads the article for the fifteenth time*
    Looks like I'll have to find the first 5 books before I can fully understand the article ^_^;;
    Anyway I remember a scene from book 7 which shows hints on Specialshipping. It's something about Red's finger and Yellow's finger being connected by some kind of thread.

Omega-Brendan

Bahamut's Owner
    Years
    I couldn't see much of Feelingshipping in the manga... so I had no idea where that came from, but the only hints I remember is the ending of vol.7 with the ring bit and vol.3 Yellow kinda take cares of Red. and Red saves Yellow and stuff, another reason why I support Specialshipping is because of pikachuchushipping...

Back