• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Bring it on, vets!

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
Years
  • A free for all battle. Anyone who wishes to battle can join.
    Stock: Any Video Game Character will do.

Restrictions: Below or 500x300. Entry period: 7 days from the day of posting of the thread. Voting: The next week.

Let's get started, shall we? :D

Participants:
    Derozio
    mooments.
    Counterfeit
    Rest

Entries:

Bring it on, vets!

Bring it on, vets!

Stocks: 1 2

Bring it on, vets!

Stock

Bring it on, vets!

Stock

Last edited:

derozio

Years
  • Well, Video Game characters are lifelike these days so yeah, you can work on em. Not much different than working on RL stocks, y'know. :DDD

IM OUT FO YA BLOOD, YA HEAR TAT??!?

moments.

quixotic
    Years
  • I know, but like, I need to search for specific stocks, can't go to my favourite sources etc. D:

MY VEINS RUN SAND.

Also, we going to enter as many people up until the first week is over?

ruby

[span="howdy;partner"][/span]
    Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2024
    500x300? D;

But I'm totally up for the video game theme.

Count me in!

derozio

Years
  • @Moo: Yeah. One week is a good amount of time for an entry period, no? :o
    And I'll help you out if you want, buddy. Fret not when Dero's helpin out. ;P

ALSO, UR VEINS CANT RUN SAND. CUZ...CUZ..CUZ THEY JUST CANT! >:I

@Counterfeit: Weeelll, I promise I won't put any restriction like that around in the next battle but for now...500x300 it is. :P

Come on, we need moar peeps. I want the Rest of you guys here, participatin'. /pun on rest unintended

Last edited:

Rest

Showstealer Pro: Trial Version
    Years
  • Sure, but I won't be around in two days, so I can't make it by that time... can I send my tag entry by tomorrow at most? c:

derozio

Years
  • Well, I don't see how that'll turn out to be a problem. So yeah, sure. >:D

Rest

Showstealer Pro: Trial Version
    Years
  • Cool, then why not? I'll probably stick to my Ryu or Mai or some fighting-game character. :e

derozio

Years
  • Know what guys? Next time I'll do the same thing moments did in one of his battles earlier. Not revealing the name of the artists whom the tags belong to seem like a very good idea. And no restrictions as well from the next time.

Anyway, even though there's still a little time left (a day to be exact) and you might as well do it a little later, hurry up and post your entries here asap! Doesn't hurt to do something earlier than the deadline, yeah? :P

ruby

Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2024
    I'll never stop tweaking this if I don't post it now. xD

I chose the couple from OutRun:

Bring it on, vets!

Stocks: OutRun 1986 & 1991

derozio

Years
  • Well, we have all the entries now. Let the voting commence!

Also, as you probably know, no poll will be set up. You're supposed to post your vote and state your reasons as to why you picked a particular entry over others.

moments.

quixotic
    Years
  • It came down to the first two for me. Both for somewhat different reasons I may add though.

The first, I know to be completely self made with vectoring and whatnot, which immediately gives it a huge one-up. That said, I can't see the relevance with the theme, unless it's a direct quote or reference I'm not catching. Anyways, besides the effort and the effects really shining, the tag hasn't got the strongest composition (focal feels a little squished to the right of the canvas). But honestly, is still an amazing tag and way up there.

The second tag gains so many kudos for originality, freshness and finesse. I'm not sure if the stocks were pulled directly from the videos, or traced/recreated with a reference only, but either way, seriously cool stuff. While there is a chance that it was pulled directly from the video, the relevance to theme, aesthetic appeal and general overall standard of the final product is really quite impressive.

It is pretty tough to choose, both have different styles, and very different reasons for choosing them over the other, I'm voting for the second tag. Seriously good stuff.

Good luck to everyone! :D

ruby

Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2024
    It's getting on a bit, but it's taking me ages to write why I picked the one I did, and why I didn't pick the others.

For now I'm just going to say that moments got my vote, and I'll update with why later on tonight.

Back