• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga "Brute force" watching

Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2023
    There are a bunch of large series that receive praise, but being so massive makes the intimidating to get into. You might also encounter parts you find boring or straight up don't really enjoy, but you still sit through it all because it's necessary for the full enjoyment of the good stuff later on. That's what I mean by "brute force" watching.

Do you ever "brute force" through a series or do you just give up or skip the entire part?
    I did that most notably when reading the Skypiea arc in One Piece and when watching Fate/Stay Night. I didn't enjoy either that much compared to what the rest of their series offer, but it did pay-off for me in the end.

Last edited:
    Years
    there are times when i do that - during long series. anime series like jojo and monogatari since I get bored easily. still willed myself to watch everything. 'twas a fun watch!! I usually never skip a series though, I just rest or something

Back