• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

c a n y o u s e e m e n o w ?

jaimelectric

Has finally obtained all 493!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2011
    Gawds I love this guy. He's old, ugly, and very grumpy. And he likes to eat pretty rocks. Rawr.

-luffs on his dino tail-​
    Took me about an hour and a half. First time using GIMP.
    HOW-DAY CORPORAL.

c a n y o u s e e m e n o w ?

Switchback

Flare Counsellor
    Years
    This is really cool, if I was fighting zombies I know who's side I'd be on. Mr rock eating zombie horse, away!

... Err, anyway. Critisism so I can at least be of some help here. The hind leg seems a little overshaded, whether that was intentional or not I'm not sure but it could use a few lighter tones to match with the rest of his coat. The dino tail is indeed very cool but I might have made the outlines overlapping the segment behind more bolder for a more defined finish. Last thing I'll pick at is that the neck and his mane seem a little too small in contrast to his body size.

Regardless of these things... He's awesome. Can I pet him? I have rocks~

jaimelectric

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2011
    Of course you can pet him, and thanks for the critique. His leg is a bit overshaded, but it's actually lighter than it should be. The darker color is because his one leg over there is SUPAFUZZY and has hair like his mane. :3
    I'll also definately try to make his tail more defined next time. 'Tis my fatal flaw: I'm lazy. Which should be illegal in the art world. lol -punts self-
    His mane is also cropped short, but you're definately right: his neck is a bit short. It's actually bothering me quite a lot, so I'm gonna really try to make it the right size next time.

^ ^

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    Wow this is awsome! How in the hell could you do this on gimp xD

Anyway i don't see much wrong other than just a few minor things. His back leg seems a tad big in contrase with his body it looks a bit like a llama leg xD Umm The tail looks like it continues too far back kinda looks like it was made first and then there was ahorse put over it ^_^ & maybe makeit lok a bit more attached to the body and his eyes could maybe do with a little(and i mean a little) Shadidng.

But all in All i think it's very very goood work especially for the time you put in and on Gimp! Like wow

Circa

The Strings of Love.
    Years
    Gosh! This is wonderful >3. Your pretty improving. As what as i can see on your artwork.
    But the tail looks ugly. O:< . I hope you should fix it. It needs more shape. about the eyes.
    It seems a ( • ) . You should edit it too. The feet are nice. That's just the problem.
    Hope my suggestions helped.

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2016
    You overshaded the back leg, that's for sure. Toward the front, there shouldn't be any dark shading, considering where the light source is coming from. Also, the bones in the tail. . Well, the main one, with the others attached to it, isn't 'straight'. There are some parts where it seems like that piece moved up or down. Case and point: All 6 of the first ones from the base of the tail down.

The mane should be longer and the neck should be longer as well. I feel as if the front legs are much too short. The squiggly lines toward the back leg don't look like anything I've ever seen on a horse.​

jaimelectric

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2011
    Thank you for the insight, everyone. I am noticing that the tail is lined up bad, and I'll make sure to make a wire line to keep it straight in the future! :D
    But his back leg isn't overshaded, it's actually too light in color (in my opinion) as I said before. His odd anatomy includes a roman nose, A short mane that cannot grow longer except near him ears, and his pelt sprouts hair like his mane (in the same color) on his back left leg. I will admit that this is not my best work, and there are many, many flaws. Also take into consideration that while the front portion of his body (mainly the upper legs, breast, and neck) have muscle, the rest of his body is mainly hollow, and so in his old age, his skin kind of lays over his bone structure. And I really need to make the neck longer, I know. o_x

Like I said, being lazy = mistakes. And I payed the price. hahha

I can see what you mean about it looking odd, though, and next time I'll consult a bone guide to make sure things look 'right', or however right he can be anyways. xD

Back