• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

censorship in English version manga...

Tweak

what are your feelings on the edited/censored pages of Toshiro Ono's manga or the Pokemon Special (pokemon adventures)?

the Pokemon Adventures, Green (or Blue in the japanese version) is battling with Sabrina. Alakazam does an attack which exposes pokeballs hiding underneath her dress by ripping the top part of her dress off. in the american version, it is shown that the attack just makes Green's pokeballs drop off her belt i beleive.

if anyone needs scans for proof, i can do so. :) but some would be rated mature. (such as in toshiro ono's manga)

misty's clothes were edited in toshiro ono's manga, and her battle suit against ash was also edited. =P of course, this was to suit a younger audience. scenes were also deleted out from the manga. and what was up...with editing ash's hat =_=;; that boggles me.

NaVeR

That Guy from that Place
    Years
    Zapchu said:
    what are your feelings on the edited/censored pages of Toshiro Ono's manga or the Pokemon Special (pokemon adventures)?

the Pokemon Adventures, Green (or Blue in the japanese version) is battling with Sabrina. Alakazam does an attack which exposes pokeballs hiding underneath her dress by ripping the top part of her dress off. in the american version, it is shown that the attack just makes Green's pokeballs drop off her belt i beleive.

if anyone needs scans for proof, i can do so. :) but some would be rated mature. (such as in toshiro ono's manga)

misty's clothes were edited in toshiro ono's manga, and her battle suit against ash was also edited. =P of course, this was to suit a younger audience. scenes were also deleted out from the manga. and what was up...with editing ash's hat =_=;; that boggles me.

like you said, it's to appeal to a younger audience
    much like the censorship of certain yugioh cards (i.e. Volt Girl)

orange*berry

Has catching up to do...
    Years
    Viz is strange... They did all sorts of odd things to Ono's manga, yet left in some things you would thank they'd edit out. n.n() The strange thing is that I found an issue of his manga here that was printed in English, but was missing all of the edits made by Viz. Makes you wonder...

Tweak

The pokeballs were on Green/ Blue's chest in the English version, too. I'll provide a scan as proof if I can figure out how to use my scanner.

hmmm i guess i was only looking at the first copy of da english manga cause i don't own the 2nd half. o_O; i see what your saying. :)

but i'm sure for toshiro ono's manga stuff was edited. but maybe pokemon adventures is already suitable for children so it wasn't edited.

Back