• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Check Yes Juliet

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jan 22, 2013
    × × Check Yes Juliet

× × Artic.uno's Gallery

Well, to be honest, I don't really remember when I started making graphics. xD But I've stopped for quite a few months since exams are finally over I'm going to try and get back to doing stuff. I haven't really made icons so I'm also trying to get into that business.

Sorry for not making this post fancy; I just follow guides "orz

Icons

rhyme.png
    snow.png
    duran.png
    giima1.png
    neku.png
    kotone1.png
    ven.png
    ml.png
    l.png
    iotw.png

Tags

At the moment, I'm trying to make my tags more simple and less messy. But I'm kind of failing. orz
    Most Recent
    lightning2.png

Others
    In no particular order;
    Spoiler:

I'm still a beginner, so critique and any comments are really appreciated.
    Small gallery is small. For now at least.

Last edited:

Trish

He was dead the whole time!
    Years
  • These look pretty dope as heck.

Did you make those vectors at the shooting end of the gun in your first tag? If yes, then that is amazing. The sharpening gives it that umph and it pretty much gave the render total justice.

Your Love Is War vert tag is pretty awesome too. I love the blending, colors, effects and depth, but I gotta give you kudos for top-notch lighting.

Some of your tags however, have it focused too much on the focal point, such as the Tsuna tag. There is empty space in there that could've been solid background. As for your Silver tag, the render looks totally out of place with the background and it just looks like it got pasted on, along with some effects. On both the tags, you need to work on your blending.

Nonetheless, good job on these. Looking forward to see more!

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jan 22, 2013
    Alright, thank you a lot [: But I actually didn't make that vector on the gun, it's some C4D I had lying around in my computer. xD

I have a problem with depth often, and I'll try to improve on blending 0:

Edit:

Just finished this.
    haseo.png

I tried to blur a few things but it may not be so obvious. I'm pretty scared of blurring after what happened with one of my old tags |D But I guess I'm pretty happy with this. If the left side looks rather empty to you, it's because I couldn't think of anything to go there /fail

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jan 22, 2013
    Haha yeah, they both have dry ground textures behind them. I'll try and find some other things to use, but for now I'm trying to stay away from black backgrounds.

About flow - I still haven't really gotten the hang of it, but I will... eventually. xD I'm kind of getting used to C4Ds more now, but I've still got a way to go.

Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2013
    Wow, SK, I love the icons. The tags as well. I love the coloring, just right.
    ur2.png

My favorite. The colors and effects are nice, I like the horzontal 'vertical' tag.

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jan 22, 2013
    Just a few more icons. The Kotone one is actually older, and I may edit the Luigi one as it just seems so... empty.

kotone1.png
    ven.png
    ml.png
    l.png
    iotw.png

Time Guardian

Requiem of the 13th Hour
    Years
  • You know how much I simply adore your work, SK. The newest one you have there that looks sorta like Haseo really turned out well despite probably not having as many effects in it as what you usually have. And I love the Will one you did, but I'm being partly biased on that as well. XD

Again, that white line straight through UR bothers me there quite a bit, but I like how you gave his head thing a sort of "Cyclops Laser" glow in a way.

Then again, I sort of look up to your graphics work as well if you didn't know. <3

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jan 22, 2013
    Well I haven't updated for a while, since I've been trying to sprite for a while x:

lightning2.png

@T&S: The white line was actually part of a texture, but yeah, I should have moved it more or just removed it. D:

@Tez: Thank you! C:

Years
    • Seen Jan 8, 2023
    It seems a bit over sharpened. but most of the c4d usage is good, some of it still distorts the flow. the colors are mostly fitting, the depth is a bit messed up though, because of the blurred pointsi n the c4d's of the signature. The render is a bit blurred as well.

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jan 22, 2013
    Thanks for the critique! And yeah, the sword's more blurry, I did that on purpose but I guess it kind of messed up :c

Anyway, I tried doing a LP for the first time. I only experimented with the colors and lighting and added in a bit of depth (or at least tried to). I'm happy with it overall though.

Spoiler:

[Original stock]

Years
    • Seen Jan 8, 2023
    Thanks for the critique! And yeah, the sword's more blurry, I did that on purpose but I guess it kind of messed up :c

Anyway, I tried doing a LP for the first time. I only experimented with the colors and lighting and added in a bit of depth (or at least tried to). I'm happy with it overall though.

Spoiler:

[Original stock]

This peice is interesting to say the least. The stock you used looked a bit grainy though. The lighting looks all over the place though.. I think i see it on the woman's hair.
    When adding lighting, try using a 100-300 px soft brush. (White or maybe a little tint of whatever most of the color scheme is, but make sure it seems fitting) My reason for that is because I can tell where you burned and dodged, i recomment getting a small black soft brush and brush around the sides (I kinda like the emptiness, some don't though)
    When blurring, I apply the image, filter>blur>gaussian blur> .3-3> erase where the main/absolute focal(like on a tag, it would most likely be the upperbody) is at 100%, then erase at about...30-40%, apply the image, blur or blur more then erase near the absolute/main focal. but... i also use a heavy blur style. so i don't reccomend it for most....

I like the colors however, so... Good Job.

Nimblethumbs

my name would look hot in bold
    Years
    • Seen Feb 21, 2015
    Great job. My favs were the first ocon and the silver the hedgehog image.

Back