• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Colorless, just ink.

Gunn

horror resident
    Years
    I haven't been in a coloring mood lately. So here are a bunch of ink artwork. Yes, they are all done with India ink.

Title: SD Gundam - Eagle ( VIEW )

Title: Paying Mistakes ( VIEW )

Title: Metroid Hunter - UNKNOWN ( VIEW )

Critique is more than welcome.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    Wow, your inking technique is remarkable! I wish I could ink like you T_TA These don't need color, they speak many words the way they are!

Margot

some things are that simple
    Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022
    You did an awesome job on those pictures, I really like all the deatail you added in the second and third picture. Looks really well done and like you put a lot of effort into it!

Great work ^^

Gunn

horror resident
    Years
    Wow, your inking technique is remarkable! I wish I could ink like you T_TA These don't need color, they speak many words the way they are!

Why thank you, princess. Maybe I can start something new now, since I always believed that they need something.

Kyoko said:
    You did an awesome job on those pictures, I really like all the deatail you added in the second and third picture. Looks really well done and like you put a lot of effort into it!

Great work ^^

A lot of my effort usually happens when I'm bored. I guess Auto shop class pays off for something, hehe. Thanks darling.

stovetop25 said:
    Very nice work, way to go!

And thanks too you as well dearest. (:

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
    Years
    Wow, I haven't seen SD Gundam anything for a while. I can't say I liked the series, but that is a really good pic from it! ^^

They're all really good! Congrats!

Gunn

horror resident
    Years
    I haven't seen SD Gundam in a while as well. I drew Eagle because he was the only one that survived in my household. The others went missing. ):

Thank you hon'!

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
    Am I correct to assume you inked those with real ink, and not virtual ink?
    Either way, you are awesome at inking.

Can you give me any tips? Because my hand tends to shake, preventing me from inking well...

Gunn

horror resident
    Years
    All three pieces are done with real ink. I don't think you can use India ink digitally. :P Thanks sweetheart.

Oh. Tips? Anyone will just tell you to practice practice practice. My hand used to shake because I was worried I'd screw up since I knew I couldn't go back and erase. I loosened up my hand, and pressing a little harder kind of helps. It may make the lines thicker unless you don't mind. Start off with 0.5mm sized pens. Once you get the hang of those, go for something finer like 0.1mm or 0.3mm pens. Hope that helps. (:

AyuKurayami

Kurayami
    Years
    Unique

Inking. That is one thing I am not able to do successfully. Your inking abilities really do make me envy you. Whenever I try to ink, I erase the pencil work before I realize that I'm not yet done inking. With your work, I can see inking to it's finest. I may not have knowledge in what I've just typed, but I can say that your work is excellent.

"Practice makes perfect," and I must say, I need much more of it! Although, you on the other hand seemed to have come used to this.

Your art is interesting. I can't quite explain it, but it chills my very spine looking onto it (Don't worry, that's a good thing).

Back